Eaton

Eaton Employee Reviews

Lot experience and improve language and i had the opportunity to meet very nice people who are always willing to help you. In a word it is a very good team.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
long houers
great place to work good money good benifits poor managment unfortunatly made redutant after 17 deditcated years machine shop due to covid if you ever get the chance to work there grab it with both hands
Pros
good money benifits propects
Cons
management
i ejoyed working at eaton but was a temp for 7 years i believe due to my age but was treated badly at times for example not paid the correct rates and always treated different due to being a temp when new manager took over
Pros
made friends
Cons
treatment
Real teamwork. Mesh is at the forefront ofThe company. HR / site and VSM all really good. If you work, you will get respect and advancement. Best company I have worked for. Only left because of Covid. Would love to return
Pros
Benefits, management team, working condition
Cons
Located in Small town. I little to much driven by training courses
Stressful very repetitive and would suggest to anyone unless they like stress. Place was dirty but work colleagues were ok to work with. Parking was too far away.
Really good place to work with a friendly staff! a really good place to be part of,with helping people and respectful staff.
Pros
free coffee and good catering services
Cons
nothing
The management are the worst I have experienced in over 30years of engineering. They try bullying people and if you stand up to them you are out of the door.No investment in machinery for over 10 years and you cannot get the tools or gauges to do the job yet you get moaned at for not doing the job. Roof has leaked for over 10 years every time it rains but won't be fixed. People who are good at there job are being let go and people who they can push around are keeping there's even though they produce scrap but management don't care. Parts are now being dual sourced so the plant won't be there for long.
Pros
Benefits good
Cons
Clueless management, no investment. Machine shop falling to bits.
Eaton has the ability and potential to be something great, however this has never been found due to the extremely poor management. The worst of which is in line at this moment in time. Just a bunch of over paid bullies. They preach about ethics and how Eaton are fair and diverse, they couldn’t be more opposite. Massively corrupt. No investment in new technology and no support, always reactive in the wrong ways and bad decision making. No real vision for the future and zero transparency between management and workers. Leaves you feeling hugely deflated and of no value.
Pros
Location and Money was ok
Cons
Management and Ethics
I liked the food at the cafe, it was always good. Towards the end of my employment there was a revamp to that kitchen and it was even better after that if i wasn't working at Eaton id still go there for the cafe 😂
Pros
Good food
Cons
I dont know
Not a good place to work . Each for himself there, things take forever to happen, training for new starter is NONE. No job satisfaction and simply not worth it. Outdated MRP system, Complete chaos, job was not what I was sold during the interview . No training and less support from the team who are equally stressed ! High staff /colleague turn over . Had a laptop because someone left yet still could not access anything . I was told it was being set up and till the day I left nothing happened . This is not how a global company should operate . Very bad experience.
Pros
Finish early on fridays
Cons
Zero training . Yet you are expected to do everything
Manager very harsh and nasty, no patience and has her favourites. I hope sincerely never to encounter the woman again. I have never felt so unsure and degraded by anyone ever.
Pros
Cons
Manageress
Most of the guys ok , but a toxic environment, management from top to bottom have no people skills, after 10 years with no disciplinary was railroaded for unauthorised absence, for 1/2hour on xmas eve, the hearing was a farce even with Union support
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many to list
Complete chaos, the job was not what I was sold during the interview. No training and zero support from the management. My laptop arrived after 6 weeks of my start date, the place is hopeless. Decent pay for the area and early finish Fridays was a bonus. Very high staff turnover and constant expectation of taking on more and more work. The team of 16 people was 40% down on staff ALL the time due to stress and sickness. Glad to be out of there.
Pros
Pay package okay for the area
Cons
Weak management
Great job. Pity the union decides how things are run. My shift pattern ended (with no notice) because the union wanted day shift workers to get overtime which negated the weekend shift.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Mangement afraid of the union.
it is a nice place to work. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in working in the aviation industry. There are good people at eaton aerospace.
Pros
freew lunches
Cons
Great start on with very friendly people. Than i was moved to a different part of the company to help out . That’s where all the problems start. Management afraid to tackle problems just in case workers complain to union. Union reps have their own gang and will do everything just for them and screw others if they don’t like them. Same from inspectors . My blame is on weak management afraid to tackle any problems .
Enjoyed my time at Eaton and would not be leaving but for Covid 19 affecting the aviation industry drastically. The company tends to value its employees and offers plenty of opportunities to advance career and education.
The Eaton site which hired me is a long-standing operation so has some old-time buildings and equipment. Eaton goes a bundle on ethics, diversity and safety - I am all ok with that. The Eaton site which hired me has more skillful and talented people than it has dead weight. Mostly the management are supportive and understanding - but some have less skill than others. Eaton likes to lead from the very top, they have to conform to the corporation expectations.
My personal experience of Eaton is bad. I was underpaid for the unique skill set I had there and to jump through the hoops to get my salary increased took an eternity even then what they offered me wasn't anywhere near enough. My advice if you do want a job here make sure you negotiate a salary you will be happy with for a LONG time as increases are few and far between. I went for an internal interview and never heard anything back until i found that someone else had got the job. Management is poor although towards the end of my time there it was improving due to some changes IE the old site manager had moved on. The most enjoyable part of the job was my work colleagues they were the main reason i stayed there for 5 years.
Good place to work, health and safety is high, quality is high, seem to end up being stuck doing the same job day in day out, there isnt alot of variety but its manufacturing so its kind of expected, Money is alright if your on shift, but pretty poor on day rate.
Production of aircraft parts. Manufacturing staff are on collective pay reviews arranged by union. Admin staff are on performance based system. Around 800 people on site overall.
  1. Employee reviews