Eaton

Eaton Employee Reviews

United Kingdom176 reviews

Found 176 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,949 reviews
colleagueproductionethicfridaysitemachineteamgood

OK for the opportunities in Devon.

I last worked here on limited company contract in 2009. Offered a permanent role but salary was too low. Good experience gained at Wimborne site 2006 to 2007.

Pros

Local to where I live.

Cons

Can be a bit fickle small town mentality from some.

Not bad to get on your CV

Good holiday benefits, early finish on a Friday. After a few years the job becomes a dead end. Poor/frustrating management style. Very small cost of living pay rises, far below inflation. If you just want to turn up and go home then its probably a reasonable place to work.

Insights into Eaton

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great work colleagues

I worked at Eaton in Cwmbran for over a year , I met some great people there , Work was busy but not overly stressful , Its a Fast paced work environment , Ide probably go back there to work as long as it hadn't changed to much to how it was when I was there initially ... Overall a good place to work .

Not the worst

Agency have shipped me from factory to factory, and this is one of the best. Although, management are terrible and unless your face fits, there is no progression

Pros

Security

Cons

Poor pay

Production and numbers driven

Worst place I’ve worked, not just in engineering, but across any jobs I’ve ever had. No care for it’s employees, their well-being, or work/family balance.

Pros

Basic Benefits are the best part of the job.

Cons

Everything other than the basic benefits

Nice workplace

Warm and nice workplace, nice people! Various shifts available and team leaders treat you nice and helps you when needed! Colleagues helps you when you are struggle!

Excellent employer

As a company they genuinely seem to care about their employees and employee wellbeing is a high priority for them. They're big on career progression although there's not much opportunity within departments. Flexible working hours are good, and pay is fair. Definitely one of the better companies I've worked for

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No on site facilities

Good work balance but more organisation

Great work balance, depending on your role can either be from home or hybrid. Good pay generally. Organisation in company is very poor, hard to get work done when people take so long making decisions or responding especially when working from home.

Unhealthy and negative environment.

This place is divided by nationality. One of the team leader was so disrespectful and unprofessional. So that's where all these unhealthy working culture started. If you are agency worker, the company will treat you like rubbish without dignity. Glad that I left.

Good work for good clients.

Work was varied, mostly commercial. Fair attitude from management towards employees. Organisation could have been a little better but no worse than most.

Pros

Company van

Cons

Plans can change at short notice

Good job, shame about the people

Enjoyed the work but the people there are an issue, they like to cut corners and hide issues, also if youre not related to or friends with the other employees then you will be made to feel youre not part of a team and will end up in hr for stupid reasons as they like to try and get you fired for things like pointing out to managers that the work isnt being done correctly.

Pros

Fry up on a friday

Cons

Other employees, most of the management.

Not a good company to work for

Company pays wells has good benefits, has a face fit's attitude, team leaders and managers can put a block on pay rises with rate of living if they personally don't like you but still do a good job. Team leaders and management don't have to follow processes and procedures when it suits them. They don't listen to staff and take on board on ideas.

Pros

Free parking, occasional free drinks

Cons

Offers flexible working hours as long as it suits them.

I am really glad to be a part of Eaton family. The workspace gives a supportive an inclusive vibe all the time. It gives me opportunity to learn new things. Also, the management takes work-life balance into great consideration. Thankful to all the colleagues and managers.

Pros

Inclusive environment

Cons

Delay in process

Cnc machinist

Worked at Eaton from 2013 to 2020 , enjoyed my time to begin with a great bunch of lads to work with on the shop floor, but with frequent management changes things changed quickly from being a happy place to a miserable place to be , the latest management change at my time there bought in more clueless people who only contributed to the bullying culture there , if you had an opinion of your own you automatically had a target on your back , morals and ethics are spoken about but not adhered to , HR and senior management not fit for purpose

Pros

Pay, holiday

Cons

Loads

productive and fun workplace

Lot experience and improve language and i had the opportunity to meet very nice people who are always willing to help you. In a word it is a very good team.

Pros

free fruit

Cons

long houers

great

great place to work good money good benifits poor managment unfortunatly made redutant after 17 deditcated years machine shop due to covid if you ever get the chance to work there grab it with both hands

Pros

good money benifits propects

Cons

management

made friends and was treated

i ejoyed working at eaton but was a temp for 7 years i believe due to my age but was treated badly at times for example not paid the correct rates and always treated different due to being a temp when new manager took over

Pros

made friends

Cons

treatment

Really good company to work for

Real teamwork. Mesh is at the forefront ofThe company. HR / site and VSM all really good. If you work, you will get respect and advancement. Best company I have worked for. Only left because of Covid. Would love to return

Pros

Benefits, management team, working condition

Cons

Located in Small town. I little to much driven by training courses

Stressful , repetitive and boring.

Stressful very repetitive and would suggest to anyone unless they like stress. Place was dirty but work colleagues were ok to work with. Parking was too far away.

Productive and fun place to work

Really good place to work with a friendly staff! a really good place to be part of,with helping people and respectful staff.

Pros

free coffee and good catering services

Cons

nothing

Management Totally Clueless

The management are the worst I have experienced in over 30years of engineering. They try bullying people and if you stand up to them you are out of the door.No investment in machinery for over 10 years and you cannot get the tools or gauges to do the job yet you get moaned at for not doing the job. Roof has leaked for over 10 years every time it rains but won't be fixed. People who are good at there job are being let go and people who they can push around are keeping there's even though they produce scrap but management don't care. Parts are now being dual sourced so the plant won't be there for long.

Pros

Benefits good

Cons

Clueless management, no investment. Machine shop falling to bits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement