Ebuyer

Working at Ebuyer: Latest Ebuyer Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews

staffdaymanagementcompanytimegreatworkplace

Exciting, fast paced Work Place

Having worked here for a number of years now I have learnt so much about the IT industry, including technical detail this includes taking and holding manufacturer accreditations which is great for personal development. I have met and worked with a lot of great people at Ebuyer and this continues . No 2 days are never the same your days fly by as it can be very busy which is great no chance of been bored.

Pros

Gym, Canteen, Bank holidays off

Friendly and supportive

A great company to work for. There are plenty of opportunities to progress and you get rewarded for putting in the effort, pay bonuses, a reward board and you get to leave early for good stats. It’s definitely a motivating job. Can be fast paced around certain times of the year but I’ve enjoyed the challenge and change!

Insights into Ebuyer

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Terrible management

Where to start?The constant CCTV surveillance? Literally on the uppermangements desk, 24/7. Talking to a coworker for 2 minutes? Better believe you're getting reprimanded for it. Even if you hit the stats they set. It's doesn't matter. If you're friends with the management, do not worry! they'll boost your stats for you! But if you are not their friend, be prepared to work twice as hard. The pay, for the work is abhorrent. And any chance of a pay rise? No. Unless minimum wage increases, or a union gets involved. Again. Not a massive issue, but still. Forcing Saturday work. It will only be two (usually) before Xmas. No chance you'll get out of it either. Also forget booking holidays in November/December. Upper management is absolutely clueless as to what the job actually entails. The only thing on their mind is profit. Which is fair enough as it is a business at the end of the day. However, there is a reason why they have such a high turnover in staff. They just don't care. As for the canteen, they'll charge you for a splash of milk. As well as over £8 for a small frozen meal and drink. But anything to make money?If you want to work here, befriend the management, step over everyone else and you will be fine. But be wary as "big brother" is watching you. All day, everyday.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Everything about the company

Poor Management Lacking Understanding

Great place to work if you’re happy just to plough through every piece of work out in-front of you, without question.Firstly, the people you work with CAN be great, and most of them are. But there’s a few rotten apples that will run to higher ups and spill everything you’ve ever said. So, you really have to keep everything to yourself, unless you want to step on eggshells.The expectations laid out are rather extreme. Management don’t understand what the jobs fully entail, or how long procedures take. So, you’ll get bombarded with a lot work. And then chased if it isn’t done the same day.You’d also be expected to take on extra tasks outside your job description, without a pay rise or even a real thank you…Depending on what extra tasks you’ve been given. You could be expected to be available 24/7, to call customers, or to inform seniors you’ll sort something the minute you get into office. Being added to WhatsApp groups for contact out of hours.Speaking of a pay rise due to good work, this is not something I ever experienced. Even when brought up, it was always something that ‘could be looked into’. This was on a number of occasions.The office benefits are okay. The on-site gym is good. However, the canteen is quite expensive.If you’re found talking to colleagues during office hours, even if all the work is clear, your seniors will be questioned as to why you’re not working. Again, showing the management’s lack of understanding for what is needed to complete the work. The office has a strong clique, you’d be treated as cannon-fodder if you’re not apart of this. Because -

Rasist and stressful place

Awful place to work, pay is bad, people are always trying to stab you in a back, management has their pupils always reporting others, can’t even go for a two minutes longer break because you gonna get reprimanded but others can stand and talk for 30 minutes and management is not bothered, very stressful place

Pros

Cons

Long hours same shift all the time only one break Managment is rasist and not treating people fair

Productive, friendly and fast pace

Ebuyer is a great and friendly environment to work within. There are many opportunities within Ebuyer which allow you to work as part of a team, expand your knowledge of products and adapt on existing skills. There are many chances to progress to the next step of your career, across many departments within Ebuyer.

Pros

1 hour Lunch, bank holidays and weekends off

Cons

Long working days

Productive and Fun workplace

A great place to work if you want to build a career, staff are all very welcoming. A fun but fast paced environment. developed a whole new skillset. . I have improved my ability to communicate and convey information.

Productive & Good work environment

Really good company to work for, good career progression opportunities and supportive management. Good company bonuses and always support to improve if required.

Pros

Gym, onsite canteen, Good pay

Amazing Opportunities and progression

Ebuyer have provided, and continue to provide exceptional support and training which has helped me develop my intellectual skills and technical knowledge. This has been a massive growth period for me as I had no technical background experience previously. The salary and bonus structure still shocks me to this day. I have never known a company before Ebuyer to reward its employees for so many different attributes you can bring to the company. It makes me feel recognised, heard and appreciated for every effort made. Striving me to want to do more. The opportunity to progress is transparent. From day one you can get a taste of the opportunity that lays ahead at ebuyer. This comes from as stated above, the recognition, appreciation and rewards provided by management and directors. I honestly could not recommend Ebuyer as a place of work enough.

Pros

Salary, bonus and rewards. Opportunities. Exciting place to work where no day is the same

Cons

I find it is a very addictive job

Fast Paced and Rewarding

A very fast paced company that despite having over 250 colleagues feels and operates as a small, agile business. We are given the autonomy to get on and deliver, little red tape and yet we can have a great team ethic to help and support each other.Being able to work under your own initiative you can see the fruits of your labour quickly and feel that you are truly helping the company to succeed. Performance is quickly recognised, engaged and rewarded, very much a family culture with high reward for those that put in the effort.

Pros

Latest tech to use, free gym, free car parking, staff discount, great travel opportunities

Cons

Lots of work to do, which can mean long hours during peak season

A forward-thinking tech company with their customers at heart

If you like technology then this is the place to be. Each department lives and breathes tech - from looking at new innovations and product launches, market analysis, trends, and seeing how we can get the best of the best to our customers. There are some decent staff discounts available too.The management team is made up of people who have grown with the business meaning there is a genuine respect for and appreciaton of the work done in all roles. Staff retention is high, giving the place friendly / family feel. The pace is fast and the culture is agile - if you don't like change and are looking for an easy 9-5 life, this isn't the place for you! If you are looking for a place where you can be challenged, learn, grow and succeed, then you'll fit right in.

challanging fast paced fun

You get to work for a technology company that is truly changing the etail industry. Everyone you work with is smart and motivated and because of that, all ideas and opinions are valued.Flexibility within the work day is valued and there is no micromanaging. Everyone trusts each other to get their work done and deliver.

Pros

Fast paced company which is achieving tremendous market penetration.

Cons

Company is still growing and still manual work to do, however a chance to bring innovative ideas

Great company with opportunity to progress and develop.

I have always felt that there is plenty of opportunity to progress. Fun staff team bonding days. Great to be able to support customers with their queries. Free gym.

Pros

Gym, Free Car Park, Career Opportunities

It is good fair place to work

Every day at Ebuyer is different but interesting. We are a team and if you need any support or guidance there is always someone there to offer the help you need.The management are fair and treat every member of staff with respect and are prepared to reward staff for their hard work especially around peak periods where we have an intake of sales for example black Friday, Christmas etc.The job I do is customer based and can be busy a lot of the time but I enjoy what I do and feel happy knowing I am helping our valued customers. I have been with Ebuyer for 4 years and I hope to be here for many more years to come.

Pros

Bonus incentives

Cons

N/a

Fun when it needs to be while also getting the work done.

Since I started working for Ebuyer, I have managed to gain a lot of experience which I would not have gained previously. These skills have allowed me to find the field I am interested in and develop my career path. My colleagues have been extremely helpful when I have required help or needed to speak directly to a manager regarding an idea I have. The working environment, while it can sometimes be intense, can also be fun and I do enjoy going into the office. COVID safety signs are all present and options for sanitising hands and wiping down surfaces are all there.

Pros

Internal activities, Christmas voucher, day activities (pre covid)

Cons

Short lunchbreak, no longer get free tea/coffee at 11am

Great working environment

Met some lovely people working here and learnt a lot about the industry at my time within the business. It's a fast paced company working with modern technology and is a very hands on business. They take your opinions into consideration and will do their best to assist you in anyway.

Pros

Onsite gym, benefits, supportive

Cons

Not on public transport route.

Great place to work and achieve. Management offer a lot of time to make you better at your role. Great benefits included with the role. Great social element to the role.

Pros

Gym. Canteen, Long break

Cons

producttive and fun workplace to be involved in

Ive worked here for nearly 10 years, and wouldn't change anything. Its a pleasure to work for a company that cares about there employees as much as Ebuyer does. Its a great company to work for and all the staff are a pleasure to work with. Roll on the next 10 years :)

Pros

on site Gym, canteen

Cons

Welcome to the grind stone

This workplace does not value you as a person. They do not care if your work is of poor quality. As long as you hit those numbers it's all gravy! Want to further your career and have high ambitions......think again sonny, you're at this desk for life! Back to work! Stop talking! I can see you! ( constant camera supervision).

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Pay, atmosphere, morale, no career progression, requests ignored by upper management.....

Management are fantastic and are genuinely honest and supportive people that care about your opinion. I haven’t experienced any ‘blame culture’ and everyone is encouraged to speak their mind. Ebuyer has a great work culture. Despite remotely working during the pandemic, I’ve never felt isolated and have met some great people (over zoom). The working day is 8 hours, but there is flexibility around start, end and lunch times. There is good career progression, within my first year I’ve had a salary increase and ‘junior’ has been removed from my title.

Badly managed

Management don't give 2 hoots about your wellbeing. This company is very much a "be seen to be doing" rather than actually doing type of workplace. Management often belittle and embarrass the staff, using threat tactics rather than encouragement to try and increase productivity. Upper management constantly watching on camera and complaining about the slightest transgressions. On the other hand, if you're not of English descent, (or if you're a robot) then you will be treat like royalty and have the time of your life

Pros

Decent hours

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ebuyer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Ebuyer with

Learn about Ebuyer in popular locations

• Ebuyer