ECO-Option (UK) Limited

ECO-Option (UK) Limited Employee Reviews

Prospects have never been better

I agree it is challenging, there are lots of restrictions and demands to keep up with everything and make sure things are on track for all the checking visits. It is so great that the Company is small enough that you can see your own work make a difference. I couldn't imagine 2 years ago, it being discussed that we would have to choose customers because it was so busy. Apart from the few who seem to want to grab for themselves, I am enjoying working together to make the Company stronger, I can see myself being here for years to come.

Production, a small team that works great.

Since starting for ECO-Option almost 2 years and I can honestly say I enjoy working here.What was said in the interview was spot on, progression ,the training programme, a team that is helpful and great to get along with. The site itself is small and very well organised and is continuing to grow with new storage tanks ,new tankers and units for the drivers,a new electricity generator being installed and plans to build a new office block.I believe ECO-Option is the no.1 in this field for what we do and its great knowing as a team we all contribute to stay at no.1 in the UK and even maybe in Europe.

Pros

Great co workers, Company is growing so will be opportunities that might not already exist, Work home life balance, Paid breaks.Set hours of work, Job security

Cons

Working outdoors all year round.

Hgv tanker driver ADR

I have now work for eco option last few months I must say my experience here has been 2nd to none . I have been a hgv driver for 20 years worked in all aspects of the industry The good the bad the ugly . This company know how to look after their drivers excellent training good equipment trucks . The drivers are very helpful Guiding you through everything you need to know even finding the difficult places and what to do when you get there top bunch of lads . Long hours but that’s the industry we are in ! Nights out can be very pleasant parking on the farms great scenery very relaxing showers toilets onsite . Basically you are giving your work and left to crack on which is something I like to do as not being bothered by person calling you constantly asking where you are !

Pros

Good pay time half after 8 hours

Cons

Sometimes have to share trucks

Productive & Challenging

Fast paced, challenging and rewarding place to work, if you rise up to the challenge you will be well rewarded and trusted to get on with your job. Health and safety is a massive factor while working here due to the nature of the business (waste recycling) so being able to follow instructions, procedures and operating practices is key for you to be successful in your role here. Great colleagues to work with, flexi time available, over time available if wanted.

5 January 2020
Great to see your comments.All are doing well with heavy restrictions from the Environment Agency, the HSE, data regulations, customer and supplier regulations, which have been monitored and developed over years. The second half of 2019 in particular brought positive visits from all Agencies, we move into 2020 in very good shape.We so like positive, able and hard working candidates, we need more of them to build success on success.

Bullying culture

Before thinking about working here ask about the company. I was informed shortly into working there which was too late. It has a reputation which I found to be true with the owners going though staff as soon as they highlight issues or challenge them for any safety concerns. Place is dangerous and a major accident waiting to happen in my opinion so if you go for interview ask pertinent questions and have a look around for yourself.

2 January 2020
Thank you for your comments.We welcome all questions as part of the selection process, all candidates come to site for interview before selection and all job offers are with a permanent contract with a standard 6 month probationary period. Based on experience this method has enabled us to find our excellent workforce and for them to find us and a job with which they can meet their own personal goals.The work which we undertake is heavily regulated and the Company expects consistent and regular monitoring and visits by the Environment Agency and large Company audits. The Company is up-to-date with HSE Inspection and has a full-time H&S Manager dedicated to our specialist processes.

Don't bother

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of working for this joke of a company. You will be manipulated, you will be threatened to be sacked on a regular basis and you will have NO job security. There is a high staff turnover as most people leave due to the stress they are routinely put under, or they are told to leave with no reason or explanation. Management are a shambles and completely incompetent for their role.

2 January 2020
Thank you for your comments former employee.All of our workforce have permanent contracts with a statutory 6 month probationary period. We do not work with agency staff or recruit any staff on a short-term basis. We are currently inviting new candidates in 2 key areas - to add to our talented workforce. We are currently seeking skilled ADR Tanker Drivers and Chemical Process Operators with solid operating skills who are looking for a long-term career.

Good team

Interesting job with good team spirit. A typical day was varied and interesting, sometimes not for the right reasons. It was enjoyable to be part of a great team.

Cons

Difficult to progress

1 March 2020
Thank you for your comments.I'm sorry that you are not still with us, since early 2017, the owner has secured a significant number of additional contracts, all of our staff at Lostock are on a higher grade and our driver team has more than doubled. In September 2018 ECO-Option acquired their main competitor, allowing us to offer additional job roles. It is busy and can be challenging, there are definitely a lot more opportunities within the Company and we continue to grow and expand the site and staff team.

Jobs at ECO-Option (UK) Limited