Ecolab

Ecolab Employee Reviews

Loved the job, I only left due to illness.work pattern was busy but manageable, there was a lot of driving to cover a big area, work on your own at your own pace.
Pros
Work on your own at your own pace.
Cons
Some early morning starts to get to location.
24 February 2021
This is helpful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.
I worked in baglan for 7 months I hated every minute of it the team leaders are horrible so is the management you will regret it if you go and work there.There is a. high turnover of people, the training is a joke they don’t give you much time to get up to speed, the only good thing is the pay which is good, but money is not everything if you hate every minute.
4 February 2021
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.
Ecolab is a great company however the local management (glasgow) is horrific!Good senior management and great h&s manager. Varied customer base and rewarding.
Pros
Free food and free stuff from customers
Cons
Pathetic and shocking manager (locally)
20 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.
Love working here, management are wonderful, colleagues all work together and are very friendly.. work is easy and fulfilling.. free beverages and fruit.. AAA+++ place to work 🙂
Pros
Free beverages and fruit
20 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback! Your work is important to us and we appreciate your ongoing impact and willingness to take on meaningful challenges.
Underpaid for work being undertaken, no help from management. Never got any stock so makes things tough, management are so unsimperfetic when having family issues etc.Overtime rate is rubbishCommission is rubbishManagers don't do a managers roll, never pick up phones or answer emails when needing help.7 years ago was great company, now awful to work for, everyone's always off sick due to being over worked in both sales, management and service specialist
Pros
Benefit scheme is good
Cons
No cons
15 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Please know we are committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees. We strive to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates. We also understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience, and we’re actively working to expand our manager training. We recognize we can always improve, and we’re committed to this work for the long term.
I find working for ecolab is a sense of belonging they are very professional and can adapt well to challenging situations as with these uncertain times we have been faced with the Covid 19
Pros
Good product and name brand and reputation
17 June 2020
the company as a company offers a good service but on the back of the technicains who are highly pressured for sales rather than quailty of service. nice techs tho
10 June 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.
pest control contract sales site surveys carried out, commissioned rate fair but top earners given prime geographical areas to work ie- London, sales manager unfair in comparing staff results compaired to London reps
Pros
flexable
Cons
very results driven and managers critical
6 May 2020
Nationals seem to care less about individuals. There is a lot of idiots working in pest control. Far too sales driven for me and their salesmen are robbers to be quite honest ( probably true across the board) but was embarrassing as a technician .
Pros
Some customers
Cons
Sales/monthly on call for a week for £70!/no dogs in vans/stupid uniforms
15 April 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.
Work is very repetitive on a day to day basis. Management have their favourites and don't always look after you when they say health and safety comes first but not always the case. eneral staff very childish
Pros
Very good benifits
Cons
Unpleasent atmosphere
18 March 2020
Thanks for your feedback. Fostering a positive culture and employee experience is important to us. We recognize we can always improve.
Sadly Ecolab are moving more and more functions out to save money, irrespective of quality. Opportunities which were offered at interview stalled, then failed to materialise. Moral in all departments has decreased over the last five years as fewer and fewer people are left in the building.
18 March 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.
Enjoyed my job here, good salary, nice colleagues, but unfortunately staff poorly treated by management. Asked for time off due to a traumatic family bereavement and was told they would have to end my contract if I cant commit. Disgusting. A company that pride thereselves on mental health and "support" cancer charities. No empathy or compassion whatsoever from HR or Management.
The company promises customers the earth but does not have the manpower to provide the service promised. “Service Specialists” are put under intense pressure to carry out as many visits as possible by manager. As a result quality needs to be ignored...... until of course the customers see they are getting poor service and close their account. Time and time again staff members come and go as a result of false promises the unrelenting demands made on them by manager to just get visits done quickly regardless of doing the job properly. Time and time again staff and customers go elsewhere and the cycle continues while the manager tells everyone what a great district he manages.
18 February 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.
not a bad job if you dont mind pests.Being on call can be a problem some times. The job is not a bad one just not enough money for whhat you are expected to do for it.
Pros
You get a uniform
Cons
You cannot use the van for private use.
18 February 2020
I am honest, at first they seem to support you, but this is really so you do not leave the company andthe training is just a game for what you really have to do. IS A GOOD MONEY TO START. Service Specialists are ALWAYS missing and you are covering areas that do not belong to you all the time, for this reason you are always pressed. Every month there is a meeting, but every time it is more focused on trying to SELL extra services or products to your customers. They never tell you this, but suddenly you have MONTHLY SALES GOALS AND YOUR WORK IS EVALUATED BY THIS. You can work a weekend on some occasions, that is good, but forget about having a life of your own on weekdays, you will start early and finish late almost every day because YOUR AREA WILL ALWAYS REQUIRE OVERTIME.
5 February 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.
Every thing you do on a day to day basis is channeled through your phone. In my first 2 months at ecolab the phone worked for only 2 weeks, so I was unable to carry out simple day to day tasks. The office staff, IT help centre (in some far off land) and the ecolab technical team in Northwitch did little or nothing to help. They were very good at telling your behind with schedule and targets
29 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide a positive employee experience and take your feedback seriously.
An enjoyable but challenging environment, working to strict month and year end deadlines, with processes changing frequently. Adapting to change a necessity
16 January 2020
This is helpful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review.
Really enjoyed my time at Ecolab. Great company, great people and I was paid well, only criticism would be the work life balance. Ecolab take a pound of flesh every day.
16 January 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience We appreciate your feedback.
Working for Ecolab takes over your life, they expect you to be available 24/7 even though I had a part time position. Also you will need a spare room to store all of the spare parts that you are expected to repair/replace for a food safety auditing role.
I really enjoy working for Ecolab as their benefits and people help make the company. The company provide great training and support you in everything you need to become successful.
Alright to work for management very unorganised have to constantly chase them to pay your over time. Apart from that is a decent company better than some pest control companies. The no facial hair policy is bit annoying.
  1. Employee reviews