Ecomotive Logistics

Ecomotive Logistics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews

Insights into Ecomotive Logistics

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energising work tasks
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

One of the better companies in UK

Trade plate driving is not for everyone. It can be long hours (12-18 per day), depending on the jobs and locations you could face regular challenges relying on public transport. The team are wonderful, definitely the best around in the logistics arena, and will do their best to support you. The company has great reputation in the motor trade and therefore you get some very high-end jobs and vehicles. Pay wise, you’ll be looking at £280-£360 per week gross. It all depends on how much mileage your jobs generate. Expenses are reimbursed 100% but are deducted from the customer charge, so it does effect your take home pay and encourages you to travel cost effectively. There’s lots of players in this market and they all promise earnings of £500-£600 per week, but I’ve not found one yet that meets the mark. Ecomotive are very good at what they do and if you can be flexible and adaptive then you’ll be pretty much left to your own devices and allowed to do a great job.

Pros

Great team. Nice motors, can be your own boss day to day

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, reliance on public transport

Transporter driver

Former employee I only worked there for 3 months but was well looked after and found management very helpful and supportive I had no issues at all a good company to work for I just didn't settle as a former bus driver decided to go back as a bus driver but would highly recommend ecomotive as treated me very well thanks for reading my review

Pros

Free hotel good wage for what you do always home for 16.00

Great Job and team

Since starting in June the company have been nothing but supportive and the other drivers have been helpful and are always on hand to give advice and share knowledge as well as best practice. The office is always on hand to help if required and line management always on the end of the phoneIf you like working on your own, meeting new people nights away once a week and driving it’s definitely the job for you

Pros

Start work from home.

Cons

Can be long hours and some last minute changes

A great place to work

I have worked for Ecomotive Logistics for over 5 years now. I have always enjoyed coming to work and still do to this date. The team are all very friendly and welcoming so the office is a very pleasant place to be, no Sunday evening dread here. As Ecomotive is expanding there are more and more opportunities to progress within the business.

Pros

Flexible working, friendly team, varied days.

A great place to work

I've worked for Ecomotive as both a self employed trade plate driver and a full time employee. I have enjoyed both jobs immensely which is largley down to the relaxed and friendly working atmosphere that is encouraged across the business. Employees are treated with respect and feel a valued part of the Ecomotive family.

Look elsewhere if you’re a professional driver

Travel Expenses come off the top line regardless how the company dress this issue up ,you the driver pay these from the fees received.If like working unpaid hours then this is a job for bored people who like hanging around bus stops, coach and railway stations and a like for long walks (all for no reward) but you get to drive some nice motor cars thou ,

Pros

The neighbours think your rich

Cons

Labour and reward is at odds with each other

Poor planning and pay

Only interested in themselves, poor pay £4/hour at points self employed. Up to 35 miles a week walking, have to use public transport, staff are rude and don’t care about you being stuck in the middle of nowhere, or having to wait hours in the freezing cold for cars to be ready. Always want to pass the book

Pros

Nice cars

Cons

Pay, public transport, rude, non caring

A caring, inclusive and kind company

In 40 years of employment, I've never felt more valued. Every day I look forward going into an office full of nice, kind, helpful & thoughtful people. I'm on a large learning curve as the Customer Care Officer and my immediate manager makes my mistakes easy to overcome. He encourages innovation and allowed me to quickly become productive. The Directors genuinely care about their employees, and their trade plate drivers, who are a diverse, dedicated and hard working bunch of people. In their business environment, Ecomotive Logistics are unique in trying, and succeeding, to deliver a quality vehicle delivery experience at a reasonable cost. They recognise the areas that need to be quickly addressed in order to maintain that standard, hence my employment.

Family like environment

A friendly environment where hard work is appreciated and rewarded. The logistics business is very competitive, on both prices and quality, but Ecomotive is among the best in the business.

Exploiting worker's

Poor pay bullying management,Loosing a lot of business Poor management rude unprofessional use and abuse Self employed needs to be amended no hoilday or sick pay.Economic taken advantage of employees with this loop hole.

Pros

Cons

Loads

Ecomotive have a working great culture, very friendly team with opportunity to grow with the business. The company offer vehicle collection and delivery services across the UK with over 70 drivers "trade plate driving" plus 15 or so transporters. The team I work with include Management, Administrators and Planners - a really great team to work with. I can highly recommend Ecomotive

Pros

Very Friendly Team

Cons

None that I know of yet

Do not touch

If you fancy spending most of your day on public transport or walking miles from out of town car dealers to bus or train stations to spend a lot of money on getting to your next job, to sometimes having that cancelled by office staff who do not give a toss about where you are or how much it will cost you then this is the job for you.

Shocking

Appalled by the way this company treats staff literally had to argue to get paid I was owed poor planning rude stuff literally felt like a punishment and not a job all seemed fine at first as soon as agreed for the placement went downhill instantly

Pros

Driving various cars all over the country

Cons

Poor pay long hours rude staff

Good job but very long hours

Ecomotive Logistics is a good company to work for and the management team are very good. The job can either be trade plating (self employed basis) or transported, which is salaried. The work involves movement of vehicles, either dealer-to-dealer transfers or dealer-customer. Working hours can be long, dependant on traffic and public transport conditions but the planners try their hardest to make each days jobs work out. Sometimes things can go wrong but that's quite rare.

Pros

Good company to work for

love this job

great company to worl for.never been in this trade before.joined 4 weeks ago,always some1 helpful on the phone sorting my problems out.i love it yer fairly paid and u get to visit some lovely locations.so far so good.

Pros

nice cars.nice places

Cons

could pay a little bit more

Long hours poor pay

Essentially you’re driving around a selection of cars from high end to run of the mill. Deliver to customers or dealer transfers. 8-14 hour days with half of that on public transport that you get 50% back. Pay is £300-£400 plus half your expenses back per week so can be £5 per hour. Self employed so you have to do your own tax returns and require an accountant for those at the end of the financial year.

Pros

Nice cars

Cons

Long hours, poor pay

I absolutely Love this Job.

This is by far the best company I have worked with in all the years I have been trade polating. There is always someone there on the end of the phone should I need to speak to some body. The Pay is very Fair. This is a Very Professional Company.

Pros

Good Fair Company to work with

Cons

Variable Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecomotive Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement