Ecomotive Logistics

Ecomotive Logistics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews

companyworkhourjobtradeecomotivedrivingcar

Some interesting days

Enjoyed this job, honesty is always best so worth saying you don’t do this job for the money, however if you like driving and being left alone to get on with your work with out constant phone calls then this could be for you. In the beginning the job was delivering new cars but now seems to be a mix of collecting and inspecting second hand vehicles which was something I didn’t like or want to do, having said that delivering new cars is still a big part of the job. A very customer facing job so the ability to fake a smile when you’re not feeling it is a must as you are not only the ambassador for Ecomotive but also their customers.

pay it bad

wage are bad ! they say we will reserve 600£ a week and i reserved 200£ and many hours! i don’t recommend ! you have to use from on paket money then they give you back with wages together ! if you miss any car before 5 pm you have to go with train home ! they don’t look after people i have bad experience

Pros

N/a

Insights into Ecomotive Logistics

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Not recommend

Very long working hours with very less payment.The earnings they mentioned in the advertisement is not real. It’s impossible to get that payment from this work per week.

Pros

Drive different motors

Cons

Very bad payment

Peculiar long work days.

It's long days. You have to be good at planning your days and the admin. Their admin apps are sometimes faulty which doesn'thelp. If it doesn't suit you, the advance money is returnable and they charge you £150 for training. I ended up working for them for the equivalent of £2-48 per hour. Not recommended unless you've done this work before.

Pros

You get out and about.

Cons

Poor admin/planning. Long hours.

Terrible money don't bother

Out of house all day using public transport you have to pay out all expenses out of your own pocket and don't get paid for 3 weeks from the day you start , often no car on your drive at night so have to make way again to collect a car , usually long distance commenting bus and trains not good if they on strike

Cons

Enjoyable job. Great team.

If you like just your own company, as I do, and enjoy driving, this is a great job. Pay not great, but most of the day on your own with no one bothering you. Meeting nice appreciative customers and dealers in between. Nice managers and professionally managed company.

Fast Paced but Rewarding

Being based in the office the work is very fast paced with constant challenges, however you are always part of a team and everyone supports each other through any problems, there is a good positive atmosphere which lends to the sense of teamwork.Everyone is supported when they want to improve themselves. A great place to work

Pros

Culture, management

Don’t expect anything

Terrible company , pay is atrocious, foot your own expenses and then wait 3 weeks to get them back . Never again would i work as a trade plate driver

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, fair management,

I worked for this company for 3 months from September to December. My experience was actually better than I expected. I was impressed with the training staff that I encountered and found them to be supportive & helpful. I am well travelled but got to see a lot of the UK I have never seen & met some interesting people along the way. I wasn't in it for the money, but my partner would sit down, work out what I had earned if you broke it down into an hourly rate & tell me I wanted my head examining.I was out of the house for long hours which wasn't good for my family life. I was told there would be some long hours but the truth is there were mostly long hours. I was paid expenses which was fine and the company says they paid you full. I was never sure about that, because after fees and expenses deducted from the customer's fees they split what was left between you & the company, so it seems you were paying 50% of the expenses. But probably the most annoying thing from my perspective was the £25 fine they imposed if you were caught speeding. Sadly ( like most driving jobs) if you want to meet your deadlines you have to speed sometimes. They have a planner that supposed to plan your route, but sometimes you have to scratch your head and wonder what they think you are driving. I'm not blaming the planner, because I'm sure they are under pressure too.In conclusion if you're wanting something of an adventure and don't have any other commitments, it's not a terrible job. If you have a family & want loads of money, it might not be the job for you.

Pros

Driving, some nice cars. Meeting people. Planning my day. Visiting interesting places.

Cons

Long hours. Poor pay.

Great Job and team

Since starting in June the company have been nothing but supportive and the other drivers have been helpful and are always on hand to give advice and share knowledge as well as best practice. The office is always on hand to help if required and line management always on the end of the phoneIf you like working on your own, meeting new people nights away once a week and driving it’s definitely the job for you

Pros

Start work from home.

Cons

Can be long hours and some last minute changes

One of the better companies in UK

Trade plate driving is not for everyone. It can be long hours (12-18 per day), depending on the jobs and locations you could face regular challenges relying on public transport. The team are wonderful, definitely the best around in the logistics arena, and will do their best to support you. The company has great reputation in the motor trade and therefore you get some very high-end jobs and vehicles. Pay wise, you’ll be looking at £280-£360 per week gross. It all depends on how much mileage your jobs generate. Expenses are reimbursed 100% but are deducted from the customer charge, so it does effect your take home pay and encourages you to travel cost effectively. There’s lots of players in this market and they all promise earnings of £500-£600 per week, but I’ve not found one yet that meets the mark. Ecomotive are very good at what they do and if you can be flexible and adaptive then you’ll be pretty much left to your own devices and allowed to do a great job.

Pros

Great team. Nice motors, can be your own boss day to day

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, reliance on public transport

A great place to work

I have worked for Ecomotive Logistics for over 5 years now. I have always enjoyed coming to work and still do to this date. The team are all very friendly and welcoming so the office is a very pleasant place to be, no Sunday evening dread here. As Ecomotive is expanding there are more and more opportunities to progress within the business.

Pros

Flexible working, friendly team, varied days.

A great place to work

I've worked for Ecomotive as both a self employed trade plate driver and a full time employee. I have enjoyed both jobs immensely which is largley down to the relaxed and friendly working atmosphere that is encouraged across the business. Employees are treated with respect and feel a valued part of the Ecomotive family.

Look elsewhere if you’re a professional driver

Travel Expenses come off the top line regardless how the company dress this issue up ,you the driver pay these from the fees received.If like working unpaid hours then this is a job for bored people who like hanging around bus stops, coach and railway stations and a like for long walks (all for no reward) but you get to drive some nice motor cars thou ,

Pros

The neighbours think your rich

Cons

Labour and reward is at odds with each other

Poor planning and pay

Only interested in themselves, poor pay £4/hour at points self employed. Up to 35 miles a week walking, have to use public transport, staff are rude and don’t care about you being stuck in the middle of nowhere, or having to wait hours in the freezing cold for cars to be ready. Always want to pass the book

Pros

Nice cars

Cons

Pay, public transport, rude, non caring

A caring, inclusive and kind company

In 40 years of employment, I've never felt more valued. Every day I look forward going into an office full of nice, kind, helpful & thoughtful people. I'm on a large learning curve as the Customer Care Officer and my immediate manager makes my mistakes easy to overcome. He encourages innovation and allowed me to quickly become productive. The Directors genuinely care about their employees, and their trade plate drivers, who are a diverse, dedicated and hard working bunch of people. In their business environment, Ecomotive Logistics are unique in trying, and succeeding, to deliver a quality vehicle delivery experience at a reasonable cost. They recognise the areas that need to be quickly addressed in order to maintain that standard, hence my employment.

Family like environment

A friendly environment where hard work is appreciated and rewarded. The logistics business is very competitive, on both prices and quality, but Ecomotive is among the best in the business.

Exploiting worker's

Poor pay bullying management,Loosing a lot of business Poor management rude unprofessional use and abuse Self employed needs to be amended no hoilday or sick pay.Economic taken advantage of employees with this loop hole.

Pros

Cons

Loads

Ecomotive have a working great culture, very friendly team with opportunity to grow with the business. The company offer vehicle collection and delivery services across the UK with over 70 drivers "trade plate driving" plus 15 or so transporters. The team I work with include Management, Administrators and Planners - a really great team to work with. I can highly recommend Ecomotive

Pros

Very Friendly Team

Cons

None that I know of yet

Do not touch

If you fancy spending most of your day on public transport or walking miles from out of town car dealers to bus or train stations to spend a lot of money on getting to your next job, to sometimes having that cancelled by office staff who do not give a toss about where you are or how much it will cost you then this is the job for you.

Shocking

Appalled by the way this company treats staff literally had to argue to get paid I was owed poor planning rude stuff literally felt like a punishment and not a job all seemed fine at first as soon as agreed for the placement went downhill instantly

Pros

Driving various cars all over the country

Cons

Poor pay long hours rude staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecomotive Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Ecomotive Logistics with

Learn about Ecomotive Logistics in popular locations

• Ecomotive Logistics
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?