ECR Logistics

ECR Logistics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews

longhourpayworkjobdaydrivercompany

Friendly and helpful

Had no problems with the staff their. Was alway helpful and polite liked it there but left for personal problems. Would work for them again. A very good support team to help may had to take to many photos

Pros

Friendly and helpful

Cons

Long hour but expected that

Don't apply

I would not recommend anyone to work at this company. Working hours are long and pay does not reflect but The worst aspect of is the management and driver assiantsNo sense of work life balance nor any care for the drivers

Pros

No pros

Insights into ECR Logistics

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Enjoyable but long and unpredictable hours

Came to ECR in March 2022 and have enjoyed 80% of my time here. Have got to drive some really nice cars and see parts of the country that I wouldn’t have otherwise have visited. A typical day will consist of delivering the first vehicle for 8.30am (anywhere in the country) so will involve some very early starts and delivering another one or two vehicles before collecting your first vehicle for the following day on the way home if all goes to plan. Generally you use public transport to get from point to point which can take 2 hours to cover the distance you could drive in 30 mins which all adds to the length of the working day. However, if something goes wrong you will find yourself waiting around for a while in the rain or in the case of last week, sweltering heat waiting for a replacement vehicle or being instructed to make your way home by train. Last week I was stranded away from home on two separate days due to being allocated a non-running car and a damaged one from a pdi centre which I had to reject and find my own way home from. Both days involved being out of the house for 16/17 hours for what you’d expect to earn for 6 hours elsewhere. Being stranded isn’t a rare occurrence. A lot of the mess ups are out of the control of ECR (late cancellations or bad communication from customers) so can’t really fault their support as there is always someone on the end of the telephone if you have problems. I have been with ECR for 5 months of which I have mostly enjoyed the experience. Expenses for travel and fuel are all covered by the company by means of a credit card, just -

Pros

Nice cars, support on end of phone

Cons

Long hours, mileage rate pay

Not worth it

The hours are awful..12 hours plus a day for less then minimum wage. Had to go all the way to Stoke to sort out my wage when I left because my pay was all messed up.

Don’t bother

Terrible company, low pay, poor management, over worked. Make sure you take pictures of the cars you deliver so they can’t pin damage on you. They don’t care about the drivers one bit.

Overworked and under paid.

ECR/Gemini Trade Plate Drivers are self employed for no other reason than to get around paying minimum wage, national insurance and holiday/sickness pay and ECR pay £20 per job plus 0.18p per mile after the initial 60miles. They guarantee a minimum earning floor of £350 a week, which is still under minimum wage for the hours worked, and they’ll refuse to honour this in your last pay packet. They provide a company credit card to pay for travel expenses but find ingenious ways to claw back a proportion of these costs from the drivers by way of admin fees, charging the VAT on fuel purchased if VAT receipts are not provided and the cost of the fuel if a vehicle is delivered with more fuel than instructed. All of these deductions are calculated on the remittance slip emailed on Tue/Wed and in order to be paid on the Friday an email agreeing to the remittance must be received otherwise payment will be withheld. If you enjoy working long hours, putting yourself and other road users at risk due to the hours you’ll be working and ultimately earning significantly less than minimum wage then this is the job for you.

An excellent opportunity, this team are the best people I've worked for by far in the trade plate business 👍

They didn't even know me for too long and they stood behind me with all my problems both in work and out, such a good group to get in with also the bosses actually show you support not just management, hands down the company as a whole is spectacular.

Very professional

Interview process was fast but very professional, full training provided and constant support as and when you need it. Really makes being self employed a viable option for the people that don't have patience to be there own accountant.

Pros

Very proffesional

Best trade plate driving company there is

I have worked for ECR Logistics for the last year, having worked for a rival company previously and can honestly say theyare the best. Their backroom support is second to none and their pay scale is excellent. All drivers are issued with a company credit card for expenses, so no having to use your own money and claim back. If your prepared to put the hours in, the rewards are great.

Pros

Lots of jobs

Excellent Company To Work For

From application to induction to start was very quick, smooth and informative and everything was explained very well.Really impressed with how much I enjoy this job.If you enjoy driving and seeing the country this is the job for you.Some days are long and some are short but ECR won't overwork you and if you have any issues they are just a phone call away and always friendly and helpfulCompany card is provided for public transport so unless you decide to get a taxi then you have no costs.Other drivers will help you out and offer advice if needed.Plenty of work available and get to drive some really nice cars.

Pros

Company Card, Travel Paid For, Helpful Office Staff, Plenty of Work, Good Pay

Hard rewarding work

I worked for Gemini before ECR took over. What a difference they have made.The place is helpful, professional, organised and well planned.Loads of work and been taking home over £400 per week recently.Lots of Scotland work too.

Pros

Lots of support

Cons

Hours can be long some days

Surprised

Really surprised how much I have ended up enjoying this job.It was difficult to start but with a lot of help I got the hand of it and now look forward to what the day brings.If you like being out and about. This job is for you!

Pros

Nice cars

Nice Kind People

Really enjoyed working for ECR Logistics.Yes, it is a fast paced role but it was so enjoyable.! You really see the country and drive nice cars.Guys in the office are really helpful and friendly

Best job ever

My time with ecr so far has been fantastic, everything was just as described and everyone is just so helpful and friendly. For anyone looking for a gateway to a driving job, this is it!

Pros

Best job ever

Don’t bother

The contact of employment is filled with extra fees reasons not to pay you & deductions.You are only paid a pittance whilst travelling too your job. They don’t pay holiday pay as your self employed, they don’t pay your national insurance or tax meaning when you have actually paid this you are seriously under minimum wage. Don’t bother with this outfit.

Official response from ECR Logistics

15 June 2021
It is very interesting that you would apply for a self employed job and then complain about being self employed. Our job ads make it perfectly clear that the roles are self employed.Maybe next time, do not apply for a self employed role if you do not want to be self employed.

Over worked an under payed

Your be over worked, under payed, 12-15 hours a day, for less than a warehouse job, Missing payments for jobs complete, getting paid is like getting blood from a stone, They have hidden charges in your contact for uniform, Charge you for using there POD. When without it you can’t do the job. Work you to there advantage, always pester you where you are, an with a ETA, The miles they pay are not the correct miles driven, Save yourself the stress because your do a weeks work An still under financial stress.

Cons

Long hours, bad pay, no breaks

Official response from ECR Logistics

15 June 2021
This comment has nothing to do with the recruiting agency but the trade plate company you supplied your services to.Maybe you should comment there instead.

Love this company

Application process was super relaxed whilst maintaining proffesionalism. Super friendly staff and an induction was just perfect. I had all the tools i needes on day one before even embarking out onto the road.

Pros

Very informative

Cons

Early starts sometimes

Proffesional

Process was super easy but still very professional. Had all the information provided before I even started. After the thorough training/induction I had all the tools I needed!

Pros

Very proffesional

Cons

Professionals at what they do

They deliver on their promise, I had a very thorough induction with everything explain well. I have had well planned work that is both achievable and well paid

very professional

I was really impressed with how professional ECR are, from the first initial contact everything was thoroughly explained. It was a very short time from initial contact to having an induction

Extremely professional and conscientious caring organisation

From start to finish, the process was pic the highest professionalism and the information was honest, clear and the communication was excellent. The recruiter was off the highest calibre and he made The interview process welcoming and easy. Subsequently, the actuality of the role was exactly as described and the company cared and always made themselves available to you. The role was as described and the support and work available was second to none and I would describe it as industry-leading. I would not consider working anywhere else in the industry as ECR are head and shoulders above anyone else in terms of overall package and benefits. You feel like you are part of a family and the money very good indeed.

Pros

Money support friendliness flexibility

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECR Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement