Eddie Stobart

Eddie Stobart Employee Reviews

Poor Management, wrong people in responsible roles due to unbelievable level of favouritism. No training provided in any roles, neither any carrier growth.
Cons
Pay is reasonable not the best but for how easy the work is most of the time its good. They run a microlise system that has all your work on so you tend to know what your doing for most if not all of the week as a tramper, and that makes it good to be able to plan out your day and where you plan to stop. Some weeks can be nice and steady and some quite busy they dont push your hours every week, there is a lot of variety im on the fullfillment contract so cover mainly rdc work with a bit of general here and there
Pros
ÂŁ15 a day meal allowance, 28 days holiday lifted to 33 after 5 years of employment, plenty of depots up and down the country to get fuel, see a lot of the country not just concentrated in one area
Cons
Dont get your own wagon unless tramping
Never again will i work for stobarts. Poor planning causing problems with management as they don't like the word no it can't be done or ive done 12hrs im not going back out .
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Treat you poorly
General culture for administration staff is that you are expected to essentially give up your personal life for the benefit of the company. You will be paid less than industry average, you will be expected to cover additional shifts at very short notice with a poll rate of overtime being paid and you will be micromanaged from various angles continually. Eddie Stobart group do not value their employees and they have a bad reputation within the industry for a reason, they will have you believe it is based on jealousy....... utter fabrication.
Pros
Cons
See review!
The company has lost it wow factor and it’s no longer the place to be, no pride to work there anymore, working for Stobart comes with a stigmatism for always doing things wrong I.E hitting bridges etc, most of the workforce there now are agency who don’t give a toss about the equipment to the point they are rolling skips.There was no progression when I was there even if it’s warranted for bending over backwards for them, never got a thank you or appreciation for putting your own life on hold to help them out of a hole while they were understaffed.There used to be a waiting list to get on Stobart and now they will just take anyone... this statement says it all.Use it as a stepping stone to gain experience then move on for your own sanity.
Pros
Never see any
Cons
Long hours, rubbish salary, treated like a number
No pressure to do your job, 'take your time no rush' seems to be the motto. Easy going attitude from most staff, only one person spoils it and he is agency worker that thinks he owns the place.
Easy on the containers . The job is what it is . No hassles . Planners are bells but don’t mind it back . Only bad thing is not getting own truck ...
Not a good place to work. old staff don't help new staff at all.Four on four off shifts. I was conned by job agency when I was taken on I was lead to believe I would have a permanent job which never manufacturered.
Cons
I started working for Stobarts based in Sittingbourne on the Morrisons Supermarket contract. The work is easy enough. Locate truck, couple up the trailer, drive to the supermarket and wait until they've tipped and reloaded the trailer. Drive back to the yard and, if there's enough time, do it again.Word of warning... The pay is insultingly low. Day rates are a staggering ÂŁ9.00 per hour. In fact, the guys who fill the shelves in the stores earn more money than an artic driver. In order to earn a reasonable living wage you need to put in a tonne of hours. The trucks are old, high mileage and not in the best condition. Defects are common. If you need to gain class 1 experience this is a great stepping stone. You'll learn a lot about reversing and manoeuvring in tight spaces (some of the yards are extremely challenging) However, if you want to earn reasonable pay, get a job stacking shelves. You will earn more.
Pros
Gaining ecperience. Good group of fellow drivers
Cons
Truly rubbish pay
Was really excited to work for a revered UK company, within the first week I already picked up clues of the work culture being one of blame, always joking and scoffing at the people who came before and didn’t make the cut for whatever reason. I’m sure I am part of the joke now.I soon experienced this for myself, training consisted of being shown/told what to do, not being taught what it is you’re doing. After a week I was off my training wheels so to speak and any and all mistakes were solely my own with no support offered or provided.This is a company who wants you to hit the ground running with 0 complaints and will not bring you in to nurture you or help you professionally develop.Any and all overtime I have done were solely my own fault and I was told that I should work on better time management and maybe I’ll get home in timeI cannot stress enough how much there is a blame culture here, sure people make mistakes but there is 0 tolerance with any mistakes made and you will soon find yourself on the chopping block.If you’re there to make friends there is a very strong cliques within the team which can feel elitist but that’s something I can live with.
Pros
Overtime always paid, great on site cafe, cool clean office space
Cons
Blame culture, no support, 0 tolerance for mistakes
Too many up there own ar%e managers who don’t care as long as that fleet number has a bum on the seat. Ops managers are so far away from being slightly good which is a shame
Nothing spectacular about this job. Been there for 15 weeks, and found out that I'm not getting a permanent role.... bit a waste of time. Didn't make many friends as they started before me and been a waaaay more clever, at least they thought so
Pros
Paid as promised
Cons
Like any warehouse
It’s ok if your single not if u got a family or a love one ! U have to use one of your own holidays to cover Christmas Day. They want u to do very long hours and u have no time to do things out of work hours!
Pros
Pay launch
Cons
Low wages, arrogant managers. Never helpful, bad culture. Push drivers to do more work than is necessary. Far better employers to work for. Good for experience, but don't stay for there's not much else but getting the CV looking good for the next job.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
Poverty wages for a professional job.
This is a varied job with several different contracts This is a job that each day is very different has to the work that you do from day to day with the opportunity
Stobarts at teesport is ran like a comedy its an absolute embarrassment! “TM” has NO licence therefore ZERO experience of driving hgv’s.......but will happily tell you where your going wrong and reprimand you if you make any mistake.....and his opinion is final!! don’t waste your time with this place bad pay...ran all day...planners are muppets and haven’t got a clue! also forget about christmas stobarts dont do festivity’s.....you WILL be driving christmas eve/early christmas day and boxing day guaranteed!! the wagons are every other depos cast offs and are simply disgraceful (stobarts don’t send new wagons there cos they know it’s mostly agency using them) ZERO cleaning kit you have to use your own....(even the wash lad left 4 months ago and hasn’t been replaced! )...70% of the drivers are agency now....just look on lp’s site...because no-one wants to work for them anymore..the es brand is dying a death rapidly...don’t be fooled!!
Pros
Cons
Read above
To be honest it is the worst company that I have ever worked for they ignore black mold growing in my work place and the foul odour witch I get headaches from. The office staff get away with doing anything they want as in foul language and disrespect others
Cons
Too meny backstabbers and liers in company
I started driving with them, had all the support needed, if you are nice with them then you will receive the same back.Pay is average, nice kit, if you do your job on time they won't bother you with calls.
Bullying management style Lots of stress Never happy with what you do! Long days Constantly at you all the time Always watching you and pulling you apart Gear isn’t to bad
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Everything basically
I enjoyed the work at Eddie stobbart, clean and easy. plenty of extra shifts if I wanted. Pay was good. I just couldn't tolerate the way the office staff treated me. disrespected, humiliated in front of others and not appreciated for the hard work I put in. I would of stayed if it wasn't for the that.
Pros
on going work, good pay
Cons
disrespectful office staff
If you are beginner it's perfect place to start. I achieved a lot of experience and answered to all my answers, but wage and @#$& bonuses minimum, no sick pay ( only ÂŁ100)
  1. Employee reviews