Eden Motor Group

Eden Motor Group Employee Reviews

If you can sell you will do well. If you can't you'll be out the door in weeks. If your face fits you'll last months, if not then weeks. But, I worked with great bunch of guys that were friendly but aggressive sales people, supportive but devious. Great senior management but YOU have to sell. That's life in Sales when you're all after the same customer. Get there on time, work hard, sell cars, don't expect help, learn, sell, earn. Or bye bye. It's almost a community, sell and you'll fit in if you have the right personality and that means being part of a team. It's competitive but very much a team.
Very strong Team focus - people are actively encouraged to work for one another and go the extra mile when required. Great camaraderie. Excellent job satisfaction.The base salaries aren't spectacular but the opportunity to earn a decent bonus is in the individuals hands. Company reflects Christian values - reluctant to open on Sundays
Pros
Additional days holidays for longer than 3 years service, management flexible with requests for emergency time-off
Cons
None that I'm aware off
A typical day at Eden motor group oxford consists of getting in around 8:00 am to 8:30 now This is where the problems begin... I always showed up on time however witnessed on many occasions the bosses mates walk in at half nine to NO punishment what so ever in fact one day he was clapped in by the boss. Once u manage to get a job to start your day your usually find that you have the short straw or the jobs with poor Time. Was employed as a service technician and was exactly that for a week or two until I was expected to be taking engines and gearboxes out on a basic service tech wage. Manager is just a bag of hot air completely useless and always away at other dealers in the end I was told to leave because I didn’t do something they should have trained me to do when started...believe me when I say I was going to leave that week anyway..if you want a work place with high staff turnover except for the bosses mates and no bonus only bonus for bosses mates be my guest...
Work in a small but friendly car showroom with excellent people.Busy and enjoyable. Great family run company thinking of their employees by not being open on a Sunday. Great customer service and really great colleagues who are knowledgeable and helpful to customers and colleagues,
Very good to work for looks after staff very well very fast paced attention to detail a must good pay good company benefits very friendly environment and fast growing
To be fair it isn't a bad place to work, but you need to kiss any managers *** to get anywhere. If your not a favourite like I was you'll be a drone. So if you live like that then you won't be in for a bad life. Staff benefits are very good. Good pension scheme, day off on your birthday, company limousine to use at special events free of charge, free Turkey for xmas every year etc.
I found it difficult to progress in the position that I was in, coming to work wasn't exactly enjoyable, no real incentives to do better. I was definitely happy to leave.
While I was there I enjoyed the work and subsequent promotion from service advisor to workshop controler. The wages and bonuses were good and fair. Still in touch with some great people from there. They have three great brands and a well staffed workshop, a very helpfull parts department too.
Working for Eden was by far the happiest I have ever been in my career. From top to bottom the entire company is structured around rewarding you for hard work, developing your skills and progressing your career. I wish I never left, however a relocation forced me to leave this fantastic company.
Pros
Great opportunity to make money, part of a real team.
Cons
Long working hours.
Going fresh off the street this company is the best I’ve worked for. Great team and a good sense of family. The business doesn’t open on a Sunday which is very rare for sales. The commission structure isn’t the best but is made up for the busyness and the £18000 basic
Pros
Company car, team, sundays off
Cons
Stay well clear not the company they want people to believe they are! The fact this Company has been searching for three tech for nearly two years and hasn’t kept the roles filled says all you need to know
Pros
None really
Cons
Just so badly run
Management is very poor and unable to communicate, not allowed to walk around the office unless you need the toilet. Manager is a bully. Don’t work for this company.
Pros
Money
Cons
I found working here was fun and everyday was different. The staff are all very friendly and always happy. The management are firm but fair and always do the best for for your interests.
This place is a fun place to work but its not very organised, pay isn't great and the management is all over the place. Also very short break on long shifts.
Very little or no support when it came to doing the job itself or issues outside of the workplace as the management literally only cared about the daily stats, not the people doing all of the leg work. Very underpaid for the type of work required.
Pros
Motor discounts
Cons
Lack of support/ management only bothered about stats
Having worked for other companies as a service advisor, I can without hesitation say that Eden is hands down the best company by far- if you work hard you are rewarded and they positively encourage progression- team work is essential as is being able to handle customers questions,queries,complaints and everything in between. your day is varied which is good when you work long hours as everyday is different. Management constantly support and encourage you to be the best that you can be.
Pros
Doughnut days, parties amongst others
Cons
Great MD unfortunately some of the people that are allowed to progress are taking advantage of their positions and are making the genurine people seek employment elsewhere. Bully boy tactics are very evident and morale is poor. As another person said, you're very aware of you importance to the company.
Pros
Extra paid days off/ birthdays
Cons
bad management
I enjoyed my role working among some lovely people but felt undervalued as an employee by the management who were happy to let you know you were replaceable. A high turnover of staff created a business with low morale, inefficiencies, and long term customer relationships issues. Some companies I would go back to, this one I wouldn't.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Long hours above the norm for the industry.
As much as I enjoy the warranty roll due to poor management to staff are all disheartened and the atmosphere is poor. There is a poor culture that needs replacing.