EDF Energy Limited logo
EDF Energy Limited

EDF Energy Limited Employee Reviews

Found 330 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,456 reviews

Safe job prospects excellent working environment

Featured review

EDF Energy Limited selected this as a representative review
All I can say is I miss my job. It never felt like work because of the structure of your role there. Always someone to support you management structure brilliant. All they asked of you was to do your job well and be professional at all times. Sickness is monitored very thoroughly and I believe with good reason so EDF company is never exploited ensuring this does not impact on financing then management having colleagues cover shiftsEDF are also sponsors for paralympics.

Pros

End of year bonuses excellent promotional prizes

Cons

2 weekly 8 oclock finishes every other Saturday on

Well paid

I worked at EDF for 15 years moving from the Exeter office relocated to the Plymouth office, sadly the Plymouth office has closed and I have settled in Plymouth and don’t want to commute so have decided to leave, if it wasn’t for this I would still be working for them. The pay was excellent and due to the nature of the work I did (back office) I had mon to fri 8-4 hours. Great place to work and progress if you are motivated and want to move up the ladder.

The pits!

I worked at doxford for over 10 years. Awful place to be. Job advancement if your not in the click/romantically involved with/went to school with your so called superior. Supervisors and managers try their very best to avoid talking to your angry customer. Always lots of unhappy staff and arrogant managers. If you value your mental health avoid this place completely. It would be safe to say that certain people in management at this place are bone idle disgusting human beings with over inflated egos.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Awful place to work

A back stabbing thankless environment

Customer Service management don't care 2 hoots about you as an individual. They don't know or really care what you actually do in your job, or your actual abilities, unless that lack of their knowledge impacts on them or shows them up. If you're in their pally clique or wear your baseball cap backwards you'll do okay as a CSM or CRM. Work colleagues on your own level are great and the camaraderie can be excellent and a marvellous morale booster, but the constant struggles with quantity over quality with ignorant, bullying, management kind of grind you down. Colleagues from parts of the business other than Customer Services or Metering are amazed at the different management style they enjoy, so if you're an engineer or nukie you'll be okay.

Pros

Your colleagues

Cons

Management ignorance and downright falsehoods

Efficient and educative

Questioning attitude and learning from your mistakes were central to the working environment. Working as a team was highly encouraged. Having outside work activities were part of our team.

Pros

Sports was encouraged a lot

Great company, good benefits

A foreword thinking company that actually care about there staff and staff wellbeing. Strict health and safety rules. Great communication and HR process

Pros

Caring employer

Cons

Can’t think of any problems

Great people

The people at EDF make the company good to work for however the uncertainty and clear direction for the Customers part of the business is constantly in flux, making security in your role precarious

Productive and friendly workplace

I worked for EDF for three years. It is best job I’ve had to date; managers are very supportive and keen to ensure staff have a healthy work/life balance. Plenty of opportunities for progression and lifelong friendships are made within the company. Excellent benefits too.

Pros

Onsite restaurant and gym

disregard for field staff

I have a lot to say but will say the minimum. very exciting at the beginning. once on the field they expect you to do 4 duals regardless of how much time each job takes. Managers keep pressuring for job to be done. even though EDF claims to be safety orientated but this is not what they make you do. Maybe i was unfortunate to have an area manager who just wanted meters on the wall. no job security. anything happens they throw the engineer under the bus. Pay is highly dependent on bonus which again means meters on the walls. I have left after more than 2 years whilst i thought this would be the job i keep. Left and much happier where i am. get paid more and dont have to just put meters on the wall- here IT IS about safety. unprofessional managers and area managers. sometimes disregard for safety just to get the job done.

Pros

Training

Cons

pressure / unsafe advice / stressing field staff / no job security

Ive enjoyed my time at the powerstation

The power station is in decomition and so I have been made redundant I enjoyed the time I have worked there but am now looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

Pros

Colegues6

Cons

Pay

Jobs at EDF Energy Limited

See more jobs

Fast paced

If you work well under pressure this job will be perfect for you. It’s a fast paced environment but always lots going on and logs to learn. Lots of in-house jobs.

Loved the actual job when it was seaboard but went downhill with EDF

The most stressful place I have ever worked. Loved my actual job. Did well but it was never good enough. I know several people who went off sick with stress because of the way they were treated. Pushed to the limit. A lot of people left for lower paid jobs just to get away from the stress. Me included. They wanted to get staff numbers down without making redundancies and pass more work to contracted out companies who paid zero hours no benefits to their staff. Only positive was the money and benefits. But it’s not worth your mental health which eventually effects your physical health and home life. P.s I was once asked by my manager. When do you read your emails? During work I said on average about 20-30 a day. Well don’t he said read them before or after work. Mmmm I thought...What do you think?

Pros

Wages benefits

Cons

Stress..

Simple work but bad management

Work was simple enough to understand but the company hire everyone as temps, and promotions are seconded. The staff are nice enough, but you get the odd idiot. Some managers are too strict in terms of personal issues and wellbeing

Pros

Good location

Cons

School-like culture, Bad contracts

Toxic Environment

The sickness procedure has always been punitive, but just recently the bottom line has altered, meaning that pressure is piled onto the call centre staff. I Ăľ for them for 17 years, I was trying fit my glorious round self, into a clearly square hole.

Pros

good salary & benefits

Cons

toxic atmosphere & goalposts being moved constantly

Productive and Challenging place

It is a great company to work for longterm. Handled end to end system integration testing. Supported UAT and SIT. Test Environment management. EXperienced in manual and automation testing. Handled production support systems.

Produtive and Competitive enviroment

The company on a whole is great, many great teams exist within, sadly I worked in the area that was all work with no play but we made the best of it, the management are understanding with personal circumstances and help as much as often, some teams have room to grow some do not.

Pros

relaxed enviroment for personal circumstance

Cons

lack of recognition

Stressful and rewarding

I worked on the trading floor in London. These environments are not fun. You have a job to do and you have clear targets and there are reasonable resources there to achieve them. For the most part it was enjoyable. Like many large firms though, they struggle to adapt and adopt new technologies. The information systems are antiquated and not easily accessible. As a trader you should be able to access information quickly and have skills updated regularly but this was poor. I expect it is the same in many large firms. The catch is, you are there to generate an income and your performance is monitored daily, which we all understood; but when we needed better information/data it took forever to deliver. This is why so many small suppliers have been successful, they are more dynamic and get go. Understand that EDF run nuclear power stations so cannot fly by the seat of their pants, but in order to compete effectively in trading environment the nuclear and trading cultures should be totally separate.

Pros

Security

Cons

Command and control culture

Good job but hard work required

Expected to keep up to company standards on work sometimes given more jobs than day allowed. Start at 8.00am and finish at 5.00pm. This meant sometimes starting from home at 7.15am as work time started at time you got to first job. Some of the tech you were given was unreliable mainly the smartpad which did not record times accurately and lost signal repeatedly. this also did not hold charge all day even though you tried to charge it on travelling times between jobs,

Great company, very challenging role

Can provide more details to potential employers if required. Was employed for almost 16 years by this company, however now require a more flexible shift pattern to allow me to look after my daughter. No longer employed by this company.

Dont do it.

Management treat you really bad...always on your case...unfairly treated ..get the blame for things out of your control only good if your face fits.To many backstabbers ...

ok

edf energy is a ok place to work. A typical day at work is to complete between 3-4 duel fuel appointments everyday. i have learneda lot from management as i have been an acting manager, while my and other managers have been sick or on holiday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDF Energy Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement