EDF Energy Limited

Found 478 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,871 reviews

Good company

Featured review

EDF Energy Limited selected this as a representative review
EDF offers great benefits and salary. There is job uncertainty at the moment and a lot of changes within the business however overall I do feel that it is a good company to work for and I would recommend.

Really enjoyed working for EDF

Only reason I left was because I had to relocate I would have stayed with the company if they had a job where I moved to, one down side is there pay isn't as good as other companies

Pros

Excellent training and help provided

Cons

Paid is low not as good as other companies

Insights into EDF Energy Limited

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Interesting work, great colleagues

Hinkley Point C fast paced but controlled environment. Some changes in management and commercial pressures adding challenges but excellent place to work.

Dynamic and ever changing job

Business keeps evolving and changing their work style in order to achieve their business goals so it's a challenging job, staff is good people are always there to support you in any kind of situation professional or personal.

Fair place to work

Friendly and wellPaid, Management tend to not stay visable and communication can be poor or not forthcoming.Progression is good should you want it and promotion internally is common place

Awful place to work

Wanting more and more work to be done. With little pay, no support from management and felt pushed out. Had mental health problems and although had counselling they just expect that to work magic and make it disappear.

Stressful place to work

Awful place to work Management terribleSystems didn’t workPressure from day oneInadequate training Underpaid High expectations with limited training.

No respect from management

No respect from managementWilfully disregard by management and line managers Management make it up as they go along and do not admit when they get it wrong

Horrific place to work!

After a few weeks training you are put on the phones and chucked out n the deep end. Systems were very unstable and often did not work. Constant complaints from customers and extreme pressure make a toxic environment. Huge turnover of staff as job is horrible.

Stressful, overwhelming but great staff

A stressful job role with high expectations and not enough time to complete tasks. Although the staff are great so that helps.. pay is definitely not enough when you are covering all departments

Became very strict and stressful

At the beginning, it was a nice place where to work.but after, while we were still learning, they changed completely the way how we were supposed to do the job. Super stressed and feel harassed by the management with tons of email while you are at the phone with customers.

Pros

Floorwalkers very friendly

Cons

Not enough the salary for the amount of job done

Challenging / Stressful Workplace

Pro’s. Learn a lot about the energy industry and what it entails. Gives you customer service experience . Good pay better than most companies. Permanent Job Security . Inbound call centre. No sales targets Con’s. A lot of work load as they expect you to deal with everything rather than just dealing with one pacific department. . Expect you to achieve unrealistic targets . They pretend to care about your mental health to tick their boxes.

Complex role,not given support that was promised.

I was so excited to join EDF,promised a lot of support and coaching, promised 11 weeks training, that was cut down then just thrown straight onto the calls dealing with absolutely everything. Very difficult to learn too many things at once,too stressful. Most coaches lazy and don't want to help,just want job title and salary. One minute told its early days, you'll be fine,next you're getting pulled why somethings not correct. It's a shame as I had high hopes,but not worth my mental health.

Large corporation with nice people

There are many nice people and development opportunities but some teams are working very long hours - no work life balance. Planning of work can be improved.

Very difficult

I think they put too much workload on their staff. We needed to have time to learn things and not all at once. The employees there are great! They're so friendly, kind and caring but its a shame there is just so much expected of them.

Stressful job

I joined EDF Hove in November 2021 as a customer service advisor, in training they sold us a lie. Training itself was not any use in real life as we spent most of the day watching power point slides and didn't actually do any training like (meter reversal, bill reversal, re billing etc). In training promised to have support throughout probation but they quickly removed face to face support and replaced it with email. Now, when you have queries you have to email “support team” and they come back to you with an answer that makes you more confused than you were to start with. Half of the time answer they email you it makes no sense and they assume you know all the “industry jargons”. Out of my entire group I was only one left and now Im done with EDF too. They took away breaks and whole day you only get 36min. You are expected to meet unrealistic KPI targets, sell boiler care and do the work without proper support. Sometimes I would get help from coaches when they had time but most of the times you couldn’t approach anyone and pretty much you were on your own!!!!! System they use is not user friendly either, they train you in one operating system and (in real life scenarios most of the time it dose not work) and you have to use really dated system which is hard to navigate. This is worst company I worked for and I had few bad jobs before this one. I didn’t like them as my energy provider and I didn't like them as my employer. Coaches were super friendly and supportive, when they wanted to help us, order would come from above management not help us. They wanted to -

Pros

Free tea coffee

Cons

Unprofessional environment

Challenging

Very challenging. You need to work fast and accurate. Know about every aspect of the business. Have empathy and listening skill. Able to work and make discussions on your own . Target driven .

Big divide between EDF staff and Contractors/ Agency

I was expected to do the same job as EDF staff but as an agency worker, far less money, half the holiday entitlement, no on call money. No sick pay. EDF staff are treated like gods and can do no wrong. There was no way I could better myself as no other opportunity

Pros

Monday to Friday

Cons

Agency workers treated differently to EDF

Treated awful. Hard job no support.

I have been a new starter in hove that has just started in the last few weeks. In training we was promised 6 months of no KPI's, full floor walking support for 6 months and a half hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks within 2/3 weeks of being on the phones the floor walking support was taken from us. Every time we have a question we have to set a task for someone to call us back within 24 hours and then call the customer back, on top of this our targets have heavily been given to us. We are expected to hit the targets of someone who knows the job for 10 years and also find the time to call all these customers back with the questions. We are not allowed to approach anyone in the office and ask questions now. I have never been treated so badly by any company i have worked for. On top of this the moral is SO LOW and we have been told they are taking our 15 minute tea breaks away and we only have a 36 minute break all day! I have had hardly any coaching since i started.

Pros

the coaches are nice

Cons

stressful, targeted

Great managers and team

Great place to work and really good pay . Opportunity to progress in various roles . Great hours . The people you work with are helpful and good crack .

Pros

Free tea and coffee

Cons

They can be harsh with failed managers

The workplace was a little cramped and we moved offices with a geographical relocation half way through the project. They also changed managers almost overnight because the old one wasn't effective enough

Pros

I liked my colleagues

Cons

Long hours and the deadlines meant skimping on the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDF Energy Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement