EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY

EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Excellent facilities. Efficient understanding management. Excellent salary but you work hard for it. Lots of paperwork. Feel appreciated and supported by team.
Pros
Facilities, teamwork, management, salary
Cons
Engaged students and support if small staff cohort. Engaging with students on challenging issues It may not be the first choice as a location but a good career choice.
Very cooperative people and management. They value your efforts. There is strong sense of teamwork. Colleagues are very encouraging and supportive. Communication and support helps you to develop further.
Pros
Realistic approach to get things done.
Cons
I had to travel from Birmingham
Working here allowed me to be flexible and work around my timetable. An average work day allowed me to interact with a large number of people, offering help and guidance.
As a student advocate I was able to work around my studies. Was very convenient and got appropriate training for the work I was doing. Would recommend any student this job, to support their studies.
Temporary Job only but was given plenty of Database Administration work to bring the University Database 'InPlace' up to date as there had been a transition from another database.
I enjoyed my time there, it was an amazing experience. I leanred a great many things about computers and the new technology that will be coming to the public.
I really enjoyed doing my BA course here. I made friends for life and I found the relationship between professors and students to be an excellent balance between professional and casual. Not to mention they truly were experts in their fields. Very well recruited team for my course indeed (Creative Writing)
Great working atmosphere with spacious environments to study and work. Help is available easily and friendly staff at hand at all times. Excellent feedback to help guide me with constructive criticism when required.
If your face does not fit and you have an ounce of intelligence then the middle management and people you work with frown on initiative. Managers are quick to adopt any good ideas you have and put forward as their own . A set of older staff who have built a culture to suite their working practices and lock out new staff who evoke honesty and integrity .Staff the hardest to work with as most of them have no interest in providing a quality service to the students.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY?
Everyone in the lab is lovely and willing to help if any help is needed. Working hours vary depending on how much is needed to be done within the day or week. Flexi hours are available if you are a permeate staff.
Great casual work contract, suits me and is great pay. Given opportunity to meet new people, develop new skills within the university, overall excellent experiences
My experience of working/interviewing at Edge Hill is that you have to have just graduated (the younger the better it seems), or you already work there.... They have also now made the interview process so difficult and lengthy that only god knows what it is they're looking for. Certainly not experience and qualifications: someone to go to the pub after work with i'm guessing.....
great place to work or study. relaxed atmosphere with a community feel. fantastic onsite facilities. on site parking and cheap food within the hub. shops on site also. excellent library.
fantastic pay, flexible hours, great team. Different jobs available from packing, to admin, to open days and set ups. Some off campus Jon’s available too
Guided parents and students to where they have to registered to start the new academic year. Helped them move in at their allocated dorms. Job was only for 2 days (8 hours work a day) and it was fun as you could relax with your mates and make new friends
Hours were flexible and were catered to our time-tables. The workplace was relaxed and had a 24 hour library available for all students to use when needed.
Pros
flexible study time
Cons
often dis-organised lectures
Typical day involved interacting with students about placements they need to complete in order to pass their degree. This could be via email, phone or face-to-face communication. Updating of databases; processing and tracking invoices; Arranging meetings and audits; locating and sourcing new placement opportunities, were all day-to-day tasks. The workplace culture was very good with most people being very friendly and welcoming. A lot of fun is had but a lot of work and hard work is done also. Hardest part of the job was working with slow systems that could be frustrating. With the most enjoyable part of the job being the people you worked with everyday.
Pros
Many events to attend
Cons
Working as a student guide, I had many opportunities to choose my own working hours and I could work as little or as much as I wanted to. It was great pay and there was a variety of jobs I could choose from, as well as paid training.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not guaranteed work
Great Campus and just lovely people. I loved working there. The amenities are excellent, the grounds are stunning with a great social vibe as well as great academia. The worst thing Over did was leave.
Pros
Great surroundings and great culture
Cons
Company is well managed and the people are good to work for the pay is realy good a realy good bunch of work colleges I wud highly recommend anyone to work hear
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Not many hours