EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY

EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY Culture reviews

Excellent facilities. Efficient understanding management. Excellent salary but you work hard for it. Lots of paperwork. Feel appreciated and supported by team.
Pros
Facilities, teamwork, management, salary
Cons
Very cooperative people and management. They value your efforts. There is strong sense of teamwork. Colleagues are very encouraging and supportive. Communication and support helps you to develop further.
Pros
Realistic approach to get things done.
Cons
I had to travel from Birmingham
Great working atmosphere with spacious environments to study and work. Help is available easily and friendly staff at hand at all times. Excellent feedback to help guide me with constructive criticism when required.
If your face does not fit and you have an ounce of intelligence then the middle management and people you work with frown on initiative. Managers are quick to adopt any good ideas you have and put forward as their own . A set of older staff who have built a culture to suite their working practices and lock out new staff who evoke honesty and integrity .Staff the hardest to work with as most of them have no interest in providing a quality service to the students.
fantastic pay, flexible hours, great team. Different jobs available from packing, to admin, to open days and set ups. Some off campus Jon’s available too
Typical day involved interacting with students about placements they need to complete in order to pass their degree. This could be via email, phone or face-to-face communication. Updating of databases; processing and tracking invoices; Arranging meetings and audits; locating and sourcing new placement opportunities, were all day-to-day tasks. The workplace culture was very good with most people being very friendly and welcoming. A lot of fun is had but a lot of work and hard work is done also. Hardest part of the job was working with slow systems that could be frustrating. With the most enjoyable part of the job being the people you worked with everyday.
Pros
Many events to attend
Cons
Great Campus and just lovely people. I loved working there. The amenities are excellent, the grounds are stunning with a great social vibe as well as great academia. The worst thing Over did was leave.
Pros
Great surroundings and great culture
Cons
A bullying culture is part of everyday life for lecturers at this university. Management are fully aware of this and turn a blind eye. Where I worked, the best interests of the students came last in the HoD's list of priorities. Junior staff were persistently used as scapegoats for the incompetence of management. A very unhealthy place to work. The only positives were the students, who were incredibly committed, driven and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great students/Nice campus
Cons
Bullying Culture
Amazing opportunities i.e. Camp America and having the awesome chance to work for Liverpool Vision as part of my course. Great tutors and wonderful facilities for students.
Loved my role here. Love the university and the people and staff are amazing. This is such an exciting place to work as there are still the old parts which are so interesting to walk around and then it is very modern in places. They have lots of features. My best job working here.
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Far away from carpark to wher I was based
Every day is a different day bringing with it various challenges never before encountered. Staff are all friendly and there is a great vibe throughout the campus
Staff, lectures and the university as a hole is excellent. All staff I came across were really outgoing and helpful but were honest do if thing didn't look good they would tell you how things were. Lectures done a brilliant job at teaching even when the cohort that I studied with was quiet and reluctant to get involved they never stopped trying to motivate them to try and to do better (me being one of the few that did get involved). Brilliant culture and diverse, with lots of different people and events on all the time.
The people I worked with are great people who are always welcoming. Nice environment to work in, and is a caring workplace. Being a part of a university work environment helping out with the events that take place, has helped me with my confidence.
Pros
great environment, nice people, great pay
Staff were very nice across many departments, payed well and efficiently. Have returned there for work for a number of years as a casual staff member.
A very busy day normally, especially given the demands of some teacher trainees. I learned that I am, at heart, an educator and I relish working with students. The management and leadership could have been more open about the future plans for the area in which I work. Workplace culture depends on whom you observe during the year. Hardest part of my job was the lack of communication from senior levels, the most enjoyable is the day to day contact with students.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Parking.
3 year undergraduate degree in History, specialising in the persecution of social minorities. As my last position was that of student i feel there is little i could add about the work/life balance, culture, or true work experience of the university, but i've been forced to fill this in.
Pros
Student
Cons
I really enjoyed working for Edge Hill as they were very understanding of my studies! It was also a great place to work as the staff were so friendly and lots of training was provided to allow me to work well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
It is a healthy working environment where people are enthusiastic about what they do, strivinf for excellence in the teams which they are in. I would recommend the university to anyone.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Managing time with degree
A typical day at work is interesting as you never have a day that is the same. everybody is friendly and nothing is to difficult for anybody
Pros
everybody knows everybody in a friendly way
I have enjoyed my time at the University and would recommend it to anyone else considering a PGCE. I have learned the qualities of outstanding teaching along with leading extra curricular activities. My fellow students were very supportive. The hardest part of the course was maintaining a work/life balance. The most enjoyable part of the course was the feeling I got whenever I helped a pupil who was truly excited to learn something new.
The organisation has been evolving over the years from a college for higher education to becoming the university of choice over the years. This year the organisation has been awarded 'University of the Year' by The Times Higher Education. Within my role, apart from the outputs that I need to deliver, there are adequate opportunities for staff development especially for academic progression. The organisation's approach to business strategies and enterprise activities can be further enhanced but overall working experience is excellent.
Pros
Learning organisation culture
Cons
Limited business development infrastructure