EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY

EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY Job security & advancement reviews

Engaged students and support if small staff cohort. Engaging with students on challenging issues It may not be the first choice as a location but a good career choice.
Working here allowed me to be flexible and work around my timetable. An average work day allowed me to interact with a large number of people, offering help and guidance.
I enjoyed my time there, it was an amazing experience. I leanred a great many things about computers and the new technology that will be coming to the public.
I really enjoyed doing my BA course here. I made friends for life and I found the relationship between professors and students to be an excellent balance between professional and casual. Not to mention they truly were experts in their fields. Very well recruited team for my course indeed (Creative Writing)
Great casual work contract, suits me and is great pay. Given opportunity to meet new people, develop new skills within the university, overall excellent experiences
My experience of working/interviewing at Edge Hill is that you have to have just graduated (the younger the better it seems), or you already work there.... They have also now made the interview process so difficult and lengthy that only god knows what it is they're looking for. Certainly not experience and qualifications: someone to go to the pub after work with i'm guessing.....
Working as a student guide, I had many opportunities to choose my own working hours and I could work as little or as much as I wanted to. It was great pay and there was a variety of jobs I could choose from, as well as paid training.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not guaranteed work
good place to work and the living arrangements are good. Night life on campus is exciting and its placed in a good town centre. A lot of historic value.
loads of roles you can take up within the department available. salaries are minimal. training is good. advancement is not necessarily available but depends on the job you take.
Pros
good opportunities
Cons
not enough money
My degree was an exciting and enlightening experience during which I gained in-depth knowledge and skills to prepare me for the workplace. I learned about data-analysis, critical thinking, teamwork, research techniques and technological skills.
Working at Edge Hill is very enjoyable because everyone is very friendly and willing to help each-other. It is an environment where skills can be developed and knowledge can be gained quickly from professionals.
Pros
Flexible work life
Fantastic place to learn and work. My experience at Edge Hill University - both as a student and an employee - were nothing short of life-changing. The building offers a fun and engaging social scene with top notch facilities that will educate even the most foolish of students.
Amazing opportunities i.e. Camp America and having the awesome chance to work for Liverpool Vision as part of my course. Great tutors and wonderful facilities for students.
3 year undergraduate degree in History, specialising in the persecution of social minorities. As my last position was that of student i feel there is little i could add about the work/life balance, culture, or true work experience of the university, but i've been forced to fill this in.
Pros
Student
Cons
I really enjoyed working for Edge Hill as they were very understanding of my studies! It was also a great place to work as the staff were so friendly and lots of training was provided to allow me to work well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
Enjoyed teaching students about new things and allowing them to progress. This allowed for me to learn new things about myself and progress my own skills.
Pros
Learned new things about myself
Cons
New students can be a bother
The work can vary in hours but always allows you to use your personal communication skills to the best of your abilities, giving the public the best experience of the university.
Pros
Free lunches