EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY

EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY Management reviews

Excellent facilities. Efficient understanding management. Excellent salary but you work hard for it. Lots of paperwork. Feel appreciated and supported by team.
Pros
Facilities, teamwork, management, salary
Cons
Very cooperative people and management. They value your efforts. There is strong sense of teamwork. Colleagues are very encouraging and supportive. Communication and support helps you to develop further.
Pros
Realistic approach to get things done.
Cons
I had to travel from Birmingham
If your face does not fit and you have an ounce of intelligence then the middle management and people you work with frown on initiative. Managers are quick to adopt any good ideas you have and put forward as their own . A set of older staff who have built a culture to suite their working practices and lock out new staff who evoke honesty and integrity .Staff the hardest to work with as most of them have no interest in providing a quality service to the students.
Lovely place and people - a nice place to work. that is annoying in its bureaucracy. The most senior managers dont have real leadership skills or experience and the lower managers who know what needs to get done have too many layers to go through so lose the will against it all. Great place for a short stay. Good place if you are senior enough to have some semblance of decision making ability.
A bullying culture is part of everyday life for lecturers at this university. Management are fully aware of this and turn a blind eye. Where I worked, the best interests of the students came last in the HoD's list of priorities. Junior staff were persistently used as scapegoats for the incompetence of management. A very unhealthy place to work. The only positives were the students, who were incredibly committed, driven and a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great students/Nice campus
Cons
Bullying Culture
A very busy day normally, especially given the demands of some teacher trainees. I learned that I am, at heart, an educator and I relish working with students. The management and leadership could have been more open about the future plans for the area in which I work. Workplace culture depends on whom you observe during the year. Hardest part of my job was the lack of communication from senior levels, the most enjoyable is the day to day contact with students.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Parking.
As a PGCE student I completed a year long course to become a Business Education Specialist. Day to day tasks involved: • Development of strong working relationships in a variety of unique learning environments. • Developing key time management skills to complete long term and short term curriculum planning. • Planning, recording and evaluating my own progress in accordance with PGCE requirements on a daily and termly basis. • Completing essay based components of MSc in Education whilst completing the PGCE course. • Performing research into various aspects of intervention, and how processes could be improved within learning environments. • Acting as key speaker to large audiences. • Monitoring pupil progress through Microsoft Excel databases, identifying trends and anomalies. • To plan, teach and evaluate lessons in Business Education, ICT and Economics to GCSE and A-Level students.
nice place to work, quite annoying at times when the other women gossip but
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY?