EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY

EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY Pay & benefits reviews

Excellent facilities. Efficient understanding management. Excellent salary but you work hard for it. Lots of paperwork. Feel appreciated and supported by team.
Pros
Facilities, teamwork, management, salary
Cons
fantastic pay, flexible hours, great team. Different jobs available from packing, to admin, to open days and set ups. Some off campus Jon’s available too
Hours were flexible and were catered to our time-tables. The workplace was relaxed and had a 24 hour library available for all students to use when needed.
Pros
flexible study time
Cons
often dis-organised lectures
Working as a student guide, I had many opportunities to choose my own working hours and I could work as little or as much as I wanted to. It was great pay and there was a variety of jobs I could choose from, as well as paid training.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not guaranteed work
Most jobs are based around when you can work unless they are jobs that are needed for specific days or events such as welcome Sunday. The pay is good and is some extra cash in your pocket as a student.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
More hours wanted
I worked here for 10+ years and I can't speak highly enough of the staff who work here. The campus speaks for itself: beautiful grounds, and many places to eat and drink. There is an excellent staff development programme, as well as many wellbeing benefits.
Pros
Staff, atmosphere and campus
Cons
Role progression is sometimes a bit difficult
Having only worked here for a short amount of time I really enjoyed it. The hours they offer are good and can be anything from a 6am start. Good benefits with the job too
The work can vary in hours but always allows you to use your personal communication skills to the best of your abilities, giving the public the best experience of the university.
Pros
Free lunches