EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY

EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY Work-life balance reviews

Excellent facilities. Efficient understanding management. Excellent salary but you work hard for it. Lots of paperwork. Feel appreciated and supported by team.
Pros
Facilities, teamwork, management, salary
Cons
Engaged students and support if small staff cohort. Engaging with students on challenging issues It may not be the first choice as a location but a good career choice.
Working here allowed me to be flexible and work around my timetable. An average work day allowed me to interact with a large number of people, offering help and guidance.
I enjoyed my time there, it was an amazing experience. I leanred a great many things about computers and the new technology that will be coming to the public.
Great working atmosphere with spacious environments to study and work. Help is available easily and friendly staff at hand at all times. Excellent feedback to help guide me with constructive criticism when required.
Everyone in the lab is lovely and willing to help if any help is needed. Working hours vary depending on how much is needed to be done within the day or week. Flexi hours are available if you are a permeate staff.
Guided parents and students to where they have to registered to start the new academic year. Helped them move in at their allocated dorms. Job was only for 2 days (8 hours work a day) and it was fun as you could relax with your mates and make new friends
good place to work and the living arrangements are good. Night life on campus is exciting and its placed in a good town centre. A lot of historic value.
Working at Edge Hill University is good considering other workplaces. It has an amazing environment with lots of nature in campus, the colleagues were always helpful, really good shifts to work and quite flexible
loads of roles you can take up within the department available. salaries are minimal. training is good. advancement is not necessarily available but depends on the job you take.
Pros
good opportunities
Cons
not enough money
Working at Edge Hill is very enjoyable because everyone is very friendly and willing to help each-other. It is an environment where skills can be developed and knowledge can be gained quickly from professionals.
Pros
Flexible work life
Amazing opportunities i.e. Camp America and having the awesome chance to work for Liverpool Vision as part of my course. Great tutors and wonderful facilities for students.
Every day is a different day bringing with it various challenges never before encountered. Staff are all friendly and there is a great vibe throughout the campus
Staff, lectures and the university as a hole is excellent. All staff I came across were really outgoing and helpful but were honest do if thing didn't look good they would tell you how things were. Lectures done a brilliant job at teaching even when the cohort that I studied with was quiet and reluctant to get involved they never stopped trying to motivate them to try and to do better (me being one of the few that did get involved). Brilliant culture and diverse, with lots of different people and events on all the time.
it was always a good shift as everyone got along and everyone always had a laugh, what made it more fun for me was every shift was different, this helped me become more confident at work and out of work.
3 year undergraduate degree in History, specialising in the persecution of social minorities. As my last position was that of student i feel there is little i could add about the work/life balance, culture, or true work experience of the university, but i've been forced to fill this in.
Pros
Student
Cons
Great university, Would definitely recommend to go there for other students thinking of coming here Great night life and teaching is excellent
I have enjoyed my time at the University and would recommend it to anyone else considering a PGCE. I have learned the qualities of outstanding teaching along with leading extra curricular activities. My fellow students were very supportive. The hardest part of the course was maintaining a work/life balance. The most enjoyable part of the course was the feeling I got whenever I helped a pupil who was truly excited to learn something new.