Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd

Working at Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd: 8 Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews

Good Company

Good Company to work for if you live in Edinburgh and don’t travel far from home and don’t want the going rate for the work you do the competition currently pay more

Pros

Good shift pattern

Cons

Stressful commute home due to some shift finish times

Really enjoy working for ECL. Supervisors and managers are approachable and fair, the job itself isnt taxing in any way. Good rota for work life balance, decent buses and good routes.Colleagues are a good bunch too so always plenty of banter and support if you need itProbably the best driving job I've had. I'd recommend working here.

Pros

Good rota, approachable managers, jobs easy, decent pay

Insights into Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility

Decent company to work for. Management good in general..like all jobs good days and bad days

Decent company overall but lots of hours overall. Hard to get a balance between work life and home life. I found the management very willing to listen to your input

Pros

Job security

Cons

Lots of hours

Place seems to be sinking

This company seems to be sinking, the management couldn’t organise a P**s up in a brewery. They’re not paying full expenses for tours done and all but one of the supervisors/management seem useless. Drivers have been told there are gonna be short term lay-offs yet they’re still hiring........ the company looks like it’s sinking.

Official response from Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd

2 March 2020
These comments are not factual and we have a fantastic staff retention rate. The fact that you are an ex employee makes it sound all the more bitter. We invest a lot of money in recruitment to look for good experienced drivers to add to our team and it makes no sense to engage in further employment if the company is sinking?

Work to Be the best you can do

Found working with ECL to be a fantastic thing to add to my life skills and cv. Some great people I worked with and would like to work with again. Good team and a privilege to work with sometimes.

Brilliant company

Great place to work one of the few jobs iv had where I don't dread the morning routine...always a good laugh amongst the drivers with plenty banter and good humoured pranks, the office staff aren't perfect but who is, been and gone and came back as I found the grass isnt always greener. Plenty of variety of work including day tours self guided, Express coach work, service work and private hire. Some roles have rota so you know what your doing well in advance some dont and require flexibility, but drivers are made aware of this before commencing employment and have the chance to go down a route which suits there personal life.

Pros

Fun friendly colleagues, variety of work, good social events

Cons

Fleet is a bit shabby, work alot of weekend

Could be a lot better

Was once a very good job. Nowadays management will lie to you, promise you the earth and not follow through. A massive shake up is currently underway and drivers are leaving rapidly of their own accord. Salary is based on a 5 day week however you will be made to work 6 days and will only be paid the overtime for this if you fight for it. Also you could be working anywhere up to 21 hours per day meaning your salary could be well below minimum wage. Other than that, fantastic job......

Pros

Will give anyone a chance

Cons

Too many to list.

fun workplace and very friendly

it would consist of a long, restless day of travelling, it was very enjoying though as i would get to meet new people on board the busses and create a bond with them

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd with

Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd Reviews by Job Title

Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd reviews by location

Learn about Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd in popular locations

• Edinburgh Coach Lines Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?