Edinburgh College

Edinburgh College Employee Reviews

Rewarding working with students

No 2 days the same. Chance to work with students just starting out on their chosen path to a career in Catering. Lots of things goig on all over the campus.

Great workplace

A typical day here was answering the helpdesk queries and updating users. I learned a lot about .Net programming and a great way to work in agile methodology. Management was very understanding of my circumstances and helped where they could. The workplace was great to learn to skills everyone was friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people in the office everyone was very welcoming.

Pros

Agile working environment

Cons

Training on different systems would have be good

Good

Nice facility enjoyed being there for the time I was there but had to leave for financial reasons as it wasn’t enough to live off of maybe in the future

Interesting work place

Excellent chance to progress with the college and a very talented staff. I was given the opportunity to complete my TQFE and to attend lots of CPD courses.

Pros

The staff I worked with

Cons

Management were not always listening to staff

Friendly people

Nice place to work. Good benefits and flezable work patterns. Meet lots of diffrent people and gain experiance from them. As a college there is oppertunities to develope

Pros

benifits

Cons

great team and good laugh but bad management

shift work but plenty of parking staff are great but since a few incidents the support from management is zero, the hardest part of the job for me was saying good bye to people i have worked with for 10 yrs and not a single hr or manger came to see me, the most enjoyable part is the staff and students that you meet

Pros

free parking and clothing

Cons

no management support

Productive for me & fun as well

The most enjoyable part was doing the work & the people. The hardest part is standing for so long. I learned how to setup cameras, positioning and troubleshooting. The management can vary from really good to ok. Getting all the information you need before the shoot and then sometimes it changes a lot on the day.

Pros

Free Lunch, breaks

Cons

Standing in one or two positions for a long time

Educational and fun

Very educational I learned a lot at college and made lots of friends. The hardest part of studying at Edinburgh college is probably deadlines and finding time to discuss with lecturers your progress and how to improve my work. I enjoyed placement the most out of this college experience working with and getting to know all the children.

Pros

Meeting new people, finding out what id like to do next

Cons

Lots of work

Productive and learn easily and well

In my time at Edinburgh college I learned a significant amount of work and skills and will take it into my life as I progress in jobs and working within the kitchen. It is a friendly environment, and also will and can be taken seriously.

Pros

Learning experiences

Efficient informative and supportive place to work

Very supportive and friendly environment. Self development is highly supported and encouraged. Working day is varied with never two days that same. Be able to work under pressure is an advantage as well as being flexible and open to new ideas. The workplace is friendly and supportive with a great people vibe. The hardest part of the job is the timescales that are attached to a large organisation can be frustrating however you are kept fully informed of the progress of any outstanding tasks or requests. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you not only work with but that use the service, you can always go home with the feeling that you have made a difference someones life by the contribution you gave.

Pros

Pension, annual leave, flexible working, support and development.

Cons

Timescales

Huge Changed

The initial workplace was very supportive and helpful, but given the financial cutbacks on staff levels and workload, it changed vastly over the years.

productive and fun workplace

i enjoy the people i study with, this creates a really relaxed environment. i think the lecturers are really approachable and friendly.

Was no bad

I had to leave because of a risk about me breaking my bones so easy, it was difficult time when I got told that. the staff wasn't too bad, but listen what I had to say

Pros

1 hour

Cons

good hours

Overall great experience

Attending Edinburgh College helped me to gain my Childcare qualification and also gave me the opportunity to experience work with the childcare industry. I enjoyed all my placements that I attended as part of my college course.

Pros

Having the opportunity to get the relevant childcare qualification

Good

Very good experience at Edinburgh College. During my internship with Edinburgh College, I maintained the College’s communication at every level, including reporting events, communicating with students and staff, inter-department communication and helping students to achieve publicity through managing the College’s social media. Organisational development, web design, content management and branding analysis were part of my role while working with Edinburgh College.

really helpful

regardless of your situation at work or at home thye are always willing to help and so so friendly. The learning curve here is good and get exposed to a lot of technologies.

Pros

flexibilty at and around work and learning curve

Cons

none for me

good work place

I learned a typical day in a garage workshop for 6 months during my college course there. I also took in a lot of experience while I was there

Pros

friendly staff, clean building

Cons

lacked communication with lecturers

Good volinteer placement

Was fun place for volinteer placement. Had freindly staff and was a very relaxing and positive place of wark in my volinteer placement.

job satisfaction

My greatest achievement work wise would be my successful change of career into teaching. This has infused personal growth through engaging new skills. My new role required me to study teaching theory and practises (for example the processes of assessment and the importance of self evaluation) and develop teaching strategies required in order to gain teaching proficiency and create a positive study environment.

Love the College live as it is always busy and an upbeat environment

The environment in the College I am based is very friendly and Colleagues are very supportive. The enjoyable part of the job is the variation of the day to day things I need to do. I love doing the spread sheets for Payroll and the budget sheets for the buying. I also like the Communication with Colleagues and Students.

Student

I have completed the first year of my 2 year Higher National Diploma course in Theatre Costume Interpretation with merit commendations for various parts of my work.As well as gaining technical skills required for my qualification, I have also developed my group working skills and gained confidence working in a professional environment with varied age groups. I feel that the college has supported me throughout my qualification and I have thoroughly enjoyed the course so far.

Pros

Modern campus, good equipment and studios.

Cons

distance from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edinburgh College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement