Edinburgh Woollen Mill

Edinburgh Woollen Mill Culture reviews

Clear

Good team to work with

Enjoyed working in a small team and had a good relationship with the staff. Liked the customers and especially the tourist . Also was not expected to work very late nights.

I felt at home within the company. A great team on individuals who came together to become a well oiled team. A positive environment for both customers and staff. A great support system from higher in the company always made you feel well taken care if when you had ant issues.

Pros

Great team if people, paid tea breaks

Cons

Long shifts on occasion

Great until we closed

Really enjoyed working in our store's team, it felt like a family. Although head office was incredibly target driven. We found out our store was closing down the day before, were told we would be deployed to other stores but were made redundant almost immediately.

Pros

Staff discount, great team

Cons

Head office very target driven, little communication from head office during administration

Lovely colleagues fun place to work, Christmas time very busy and interesting , staff lovely brilliant place to work. I would have stayed permanently but job zero hours contract unfortunately

Great workplace.

A nice, chilled environment to work in, slow paced, great service also, very thorough with customers, management is great. The whole workplace work as a team, great atmosphere.

Pros

The staff

Cons

Small store

Relaxed and friendly atmosphere

The Carlisle head office is a great place to work, very friendly atmosphere throughout the whole building which incorporates various departments. The canteen onsite is incredible.

a good company I would consider applying to again

a pleasant company to work for goals & targets were achievable job offered lots of variety excellent uniform choice and allowance, support for ideas and help when needed with an excellent working staff ratio.I enjoyed my time with this company.

Great staff

I really enjoyed working here when I did. The staff were always lovely and the work place was always very relaxed. Work load was up and down, some days would be busier than others.

Friendly environment, productive

Overall I really enjoyed working there, the staff and managment are so lovely and I was so sad to leave! A typical day involves customer service and floor standards throughout the day, ensuring you're always welcoming customers and driving the CARE survey. The hardest part of the job is probably delivery.

The Edinburgh Woollen Mil

You gain a lot of experience and when you are new everyone is so friendly and helpful, and makes sure you understand before you move onto the next part of the role.

Jobs at Edinburgh Woollen Mill

See more jobs

Fun, Hardworking, Friendly

One of my favorite places of work, all the staff treated me like I was there forever, very good at training me up and teaching me all the ins and outs. Amazing staff and managing team! Loved all of our customers as well, very rare to get anyone rude.

Interesting

It was a great experience, fun to learn so much about Scottish culture, incredible because i got to meet people from everywhere across the globe, learnt a lot bout customer service and prepared me to dealwith a lot of difficult situations in the work place.

Good

I love my Job been here for 8 years my manager is great and the team all click it’s a winner winner day to day its great you get to meet different people

Pros

Good flexibility

Not good experience

place itself is good to work, everything depends on the management. in my case management was really bad. literally using sales assistants to work as supervisors, without a proper training and pay rise is not fair, threatening at the same time that you could be fired. after working 9 months, store manager decided to fire me, as I called sickness too many times (?) and did not execute tasks I have been given, and some other just funny excuses. the management approach to workers is just bad, saw other co-worker crying after one of their 'interview'. was promised to get paid for another few shifts after letting me go but never happened, what is worse, I was not paid for past month and promised few weeks.

Pros

discounts

Cons

management, approach to workers, culture, exploitation

Lots of responsibility

Lots of responsibilities given to staff, ie key holder, train other staff, work out targets and percentages and upsell but zero rewards. I worked for minimum wage even on bank holidays and Sundays.

Fast paced and busy

Busy and varied work. Often under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. You get back what you give, if you work you achieve. Staff are for the greater part, knowledgeable, efficient, extremely dedicated and hard working. A wealth of core knowledge amongst the staff.

Fantastic Colleagues

Fab place to work, wonderful customers and even better colleagues, fun and challenging I really enjoyed working here, never woke up and had that dread feeling whilst working here, Top Employer in my opinion! I worked for them twice.

Great Place to Work

Training when first Start. Trained by a manager of another store. Learned all about customer service KPIs and Management leadership Appreciating staff. The hardest part of the job was leaving The most enjoyable part was Great Support Chance to Grow with the Company. Perks Pension Holidays

fun place to work

every day is different enjioyable place to work, a lot of benefits working within retail or animal welfare or catering, three areas to choose from very exciting place

Pros

nice people to work with

Cons

very cold in winter

enjoyable place to work

my role was sales assistant, i enjoyed talking to customers and helping them. my co workers were very friendly and helpful. i guess the hardest part of this job was being on my feet most of the day.

Pros

discount

Cons

on my feet all day

I enjoyed working for this company, respected employees and felt valued, praised when did well.

Management always welcome me at start of shift, on reaching my place of work I check KPI's and targets to be reached for me personally and for my team, I get on very well with co-workers and we helped each other out whenever possible in between customers. I like to keep my areas clean, tidy and accessible at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the customers and helping them put an outfit together maybe for a special occasion or for a present for family or a friend. I learnt that I am good with people and am conscientious about retail. I gain a great deal of satisfaction from helping people.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Travelling long distances

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edinburgh Woollen Mill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement