Education Development Trust

Education Development Trust Employee Reviews

Training was good. I liked the job but I was very unlucky with my line manager. Dealing with her was a Jekyll and Hyde experience. At one point I thought she was a racist psychopath. I terminated my contract to protect my mental health. Too many useless meetings to attend.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Too many female staff in one department leading to malicious gossip, back-stabbing, jealousy, false information. etc
Really stressful, due to management incompetence and complacency and then getting you to clear up their mess. They like to promote themselves as a nice, professional organisation but I have never worked in such a stressful culture caused by inefficient management with totally unrealistic targets. In first month during induction we were threatened with redundancy if we didn’t hit our targets. Also you get no response from your emails unless you matter (connected with management)
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Ridiculous salary for all we do, incompetent management
Great people who work hard to transform many peoples lives, great flexibility within all the roles. Big issue with lack of trust and openness within senior management
As an employee of the education development trust I was well supported within my role. Managers were trustworthy and supportive. Listening to and supporting individuals with any personal issues and running everything smoothly and professionally.
It was a delight to to work for The Education Development Trust. They provided good on the job training, ongoing care and support. I felt REALLY well supported and looked after there.
This school was an Independent School which catered for primary aged children. It was a nice place to work and I like it there. Staff were lovely and children well behaved and keen to learn.
The atmosphere here is relaxed and there is no pressure or stress in this company. People are approachable and friendly here. Management have time for staff when there is a problem. It is a mixed culture in this office, people are from various different backgrounds and no one is judgemental. I started on a short term contract and now 1.5 years and I am still here.
An organisation filled with the potential to be groundbreaking. Staff do need to work hard and progression is not overly available but with a change to some structures it would become a dream place to work. Managers will often let people down but there are others that seem to always pick up the slack and truly lead its people. There are some fantastic people and it is evident that the face fitting is very important.
Pros
Skills gained to use elsewhere
Cons
No opportunities and poor middle management
Love working here - the people are engaging and exciting - at the front of their profession. The opportunity to work on global scale projects is a massive bonus and flexible working places trust in employees
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Basic pay scale
I provide consultancy to the charity on a flexible as needed basis on matters of governance providing advice to the corporate secretariat team and the legal adviser
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No parking
I worked for 6 months at Education Development Trust. All the management team are fully on board with the aims of the charity and unusually sit out with the rest of the team which has a positive impact on the work environment. Don't think for a moment that this charity rests on its laurels - it is clearly focused on the future with big plans for achieving its wide aims.