EE

EE Employee Reviews

Targets far too high, expect you to move mountains to meet your targets. Don’t trust their staff/loyalty doesn’t go far in that place. RM’s (Regional Managers) walk around thinking they are Marc Allera.
Pros
Phone discount
Cons
Don’t think they will all fit.
Questioned when using the toilet constantly. Promised vouchers that never came, Twice! As a MASSIVE business they break employment policies constantly
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Everything else
At first I loved the job, the note you work here the worse it gets and sends your mental health down hill. It's great basic salary but comission is ridiculous. Yes it's sales so they go up but when they jump up massive amounts is ridiculous. When the targets go up and commission pay goes down at the same time it's a kick till the somach. They say they offer flexible working if needed, you take hours to think of s plan and application for them to just now say no. Nothing is written down and 100% definite for you to refer to, you just need to trust who is telling you what. No work/life balance at all. The company pride themselves on the charities they support which is now Mind, yet do nothing to actually help their own staff through it.
Pros
Make great friends, salary
Cons
Long hours, lies, contradict what they say, no support with mental health
They tell you not to worry about targets but after more than 6 months you are bombarded. And told you are fully trained now. I wouldn’t recommend them to work for your measures in how long you are in a call for, complaints raised, recommending that’s products for customers to make extra money. Also measures how long you are though to another department before transferring a customer, if you are used to working in call centres go for it if not give it a wide birth it’s can cause a lot of mental distress they do promote well being but once you have been though that they expect you to be totally fine
Pros
Wage is ok
Cons
The job as a whole is not worth the money for what you have to do
Started in September and due to circumstances i had to be on the sick due to depression. They gave me 2 disciplinary meetings and sacked me yesterday.The work itself is tedious! And management is childish at best! The targets they set you are pathetically hard to achieve also.This company also took a full month of SSP (sick pay) off me also and i have now been 8 weeks with zero pay at all!These are pure cowboys!STAY AWAY FROM THIS AWFUL COMPANY!
Pros
Going home after your shift!
Cons
Everything!
Not good for mental health , micro management support available is poor, and even feel guilty going to the toilet. Customers can be rude and aggressive and we have to listen non the less
Pros
Salary
Cons
Targets, not good enough
I worked here for a year and it was the worst year of my life, management was absolutely horrible, targets are absolutely shocking, pay isn't bad as long as you get a decent commission.Simply just don't apply for this company they keep you for about 1-2 years and then try and get rid of you.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Everything else!
Loved working here had targets to hit yes, but was a chill environment where everyone worked together. The rewards was good and pay good, 75% off for yourself 30% friends and family.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Probably weekends aha
Met some amazing people, pay is good, but the only thing I really gained in this role was depression, anxiety and STRESS. I was told to leave by my 'line manager' on the day of handing in my 4 week notice period, or he wouldn't accept it. Constant monitoring, right down to going to the toilet. Calls back to back most days, extremely stressful when 9 times out of 10 there is no one around to help you if you need it! I worked here for two years because the pay and benefits were good, no other reason and looking back it made me pretty ill (and I have thick skin!) I wouldn't go back to working there, even if they were paying ÂŁ1m and giving away free holidays. Blows my mind that this place was voted the best company to work for if you have mental health illnesses!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Management
EE used to be an amazing place to work but then BT bought them and everything has consistently gone downhill since then.BT are such a big company that the people making the decisions are so high up they can't see whats happening at ground level
Horrrible place to work. Constant shift changes no balance. Managers thinking they are the best thing since sliced bread. Constant pressure on targets, monitored toilet breaks and questioned about them. Do not work there
I started when I was a teenager at this job and was there for a year. The call centre aspect of it was fine - if you’ve worked in call centres before it isn’t easy and you do get difficult calls that is a part of the package. What drastically effected me was the work life balance & the attitude towards that. There was some really amazing aspects to EE but the heaviness this job had on me just wasn’t worth it.It is a dream killer. People who get comfortable with the wage and get a very false identity from this job. You can progress in this job to Lead roles, 80% of people gain this horrendous attitude to other advisors because this job consumes you so much people start to see it as their whole life. You will be fed by Ops managers so that you live and breath EE, despite the toxic management attitudes and unhealthy working habits. Under limited circumstances are there any flexibility in work shifts. They have flexi-time which you have to earn and is almost impossible to use due to how many people use. The thing is this job isn’t so bad if you want those things. But if you are young, wanting to find your feet in the working place, and gain some skills please don’t go. The pressures of the working hours and the extreme corporate attitude really isn’t good for young people. I was scared to go into work in case I forgot to do something on a call, terrified I was going to be penalised for it. I had a special date in my diary and made management aware of it for 3 months and due to the logistics and a certain amount of advisors logged out that day I was refused and threatened with - more...
Pros
Colleagues are fun and friendly, cheap phone contract
Cons
No work life balance, stressful for young people
Avoid simple as. You only progress if you your in the know otherwise you don't progress. Under paid for the role you actually have to do. No support system and they certainly don't deal well with mental health. Dont do it
Pros
Bonus which theh make harder and harder
Cons
Long hours, steessful enviroment, not enough pay, they ask too much of you, over sell
No support once you're out of Grad bay, constantly changing goal posts. Being left when needing answers whilst a customer is on the line . Being told to try and get customers to purchase add lines despite them struggling to pay bills
Pros
Good pay but not worth the stress
Cons
Long hours, lack of support
I worked for EE for 3 years, I handed in my notice and left the same day. They offered me to leave the same day. Working for EE was great to begin with but then you soon find if your face does not fit you will never get anywhere. If you are unluckily enough to work for the technical department then you will be expected to do the job of 5 departs and only get paid for one. Technical, Billing, Unlocking, Sales and pay as you go. You are expected to handling a call with under 10 minutes while promoting and check all of the above. I was told by a Team leader conversation has to be meaningful and for purpose, do not fall into the trap of having person conversations that can go on. Many people have left due to mental health working for EE and even one on my team. For a company that is meant to support the Charity mind they are very bad at what they preach.
Pros
Free parking, lovely security guards, ok wage
Cons
Team leaders are awful, ops manager is absolutely pathetic, demand is unrealistic and unreasonable, The job is not worth the stress or effect it can have on your mental health, If I could give any advice dont apply
EE is a great company to work for if you want a good wage! They offer a great bonus if you hit your targets. However, on this note targets are set very high. Communication is very poor and sometimes would get updates mid way through a shift or a busy day without much explaining an typically through and email you read whilst on calls to customers, always problems with systems too. If you have a strong mentality and can handle stress all day eveyday on calls this job is for you, if not then I wouldn’t advise. All in all an okay place to work.
Pros
Pay, People, Staff Benefits
Cons
Poor communication
Remote training from home was awful. You were given training systems which were "mockups" of the real thing. The training systems gave no information and the trainers always said "yeah it doesn't work in the training systems but will do in the real systems" So barely any training was given. You were simply just made to learn it on your first real day on the phones. Because you wasn't trained you were a little slow to begin with and this was made more stressful when duty ops were always on your back. Colleagues are the best part of the job however managers and any management are stressful and abusive. Even with mental health issues the management follow the "policy" like a bible. No social health skills to help your own team just whatever it says in the book. I also never received a single payslip since when I first joined. When I questioned it I was just told to figure it out myself.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Long hours, Management, Abusive customers, Payslips.
This store was a franchise store so be careful where you apply. EE as a company was fine to work for but when sold to franchises its like working for phones 4U very cut throat sell sell sell or don't get paid
Pros
Free phone
Cons
No comission if didn't hit target
Work life balance was great and although the money was good I found that no matter how hard you tried and how well you hit targets etc there was always something that was never good enough. Also, when I eventually left (worked my noticed) on my last day I had to walk myself out while management sat down and just watched me walking out - no one wished me well, or thanked me for all my hard work - absolutely nothing was done or said.
Pros
Commission payments
Cons
Strict timing, unreachable targets, nothing’s good enough, micro management
I have been in the role of CSR for over ten years and the company has gone downhill since it became EE. When I started at Orange, there was a family feeling within the business.. now it's just a numbers game. You can perform well but there is always another stick to beat you with. I would leave but in the current climate finding work is even more difficult, I dread starting my work day, not because of the customers but because I am bugged every hour or so for sales figures. (I am supposedly customer service), its back to back calls and the main target for bonus is unattainable a lot of customers call back in for something unrelated to their original call.
Pros
Not a bad wage
Cons
Management pressure, customer services is now sales and favouritism.
EE are one of the best places I have worked they depand alot but reward you well, working in the collections department it can be very stressful but the management put on reward and incentives to try and over come this. The only bad thing is I don't feel like there is much room to grow and devolpe as there are only limited job openings for different roles.
Pros
Rewards and benefits
Cons
Hard to grow and move up the ladder
  1. Employee reviews