EF Education First

EF Education First Employee Reviews

EF Education First treat their teachers well generally, I've heard lots of good stories and there is a lovely Facebook group where everyone supports each other. Working hours are flexible and it is an easy system to learn and lessons are well planned out. Pay is poor, in my opinion, considering the qualification we need and what we do.
Pros
Flexible hours, great support system
Cons
Low pay
great staff / team. Different cultures coming together. Hard workers who enjoyed the company. Flexible working hours, but long for others in tge EF establishment.
Pros
flexible hours
Welcoming, helpful and friendly company who want you to succeed. They pay a little bit less than some other companies, but they hire you as employed which is great, and they are extremely helpful when you are new to teaching. I am only sorry that I had to leave suddenly as I was offered a full time job and potential career elsewhere, or I would still be there.
Pros
very nice people
Cons
takes a long time to build an income
I had the best experience working at EF as they are always caring about you and your happiness in within the environment of work. The job was always intense but at the same time relaxed as the team mates are the best.
I'd spent a year working for EF when they cancelled my contract with four days notice and no explanation. We all deserve better companies than this...
I have been part of a multi-lingual, conscientious, motivated team. Every day presented different challenges involving using all my communication, management, creative, empathetic skills. I really enjoyed the challenge.
La parte più difficile è quella di riuscire a mantenere un basso livello di stress avendo poco tempo libero a disposizione per rilassarsi. La parte più piacevole è l'internazionalità dell'ambiente lavorativo, il doversi misurare con i ragazzi da una parte e lo staff dall'altra, dinamica interessante e senza dubbio molto stimolante.
Had my first teaching gig in EF Oxford over a summer. Great school to start out with. Fast pace environment and learned well on my feet. Cost of living in Oxford is high for part time but full time was available. Would like to return some day.
6 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback and we look forward welcoming you back to EF one day! Best regards
they won't promote you unless you are Swedish, very poor culture in terms of employee perks and training. Promotions are non-existent and they would never take care of individuals if the business goes wrong. I would not recommend it at all
6 April 2020
Thank you for your comments. EF does not tolerate harassment of any kind in the workplace. If you feel that you have been a victim of harassment, please contact our compliance team at compliance@ef.com so that a fair and thorough investigation can take place. Best regards
Working for Education First was enjoyable, especially at St Pancreas. It wasn’t often too difficult but I would have preferred working with others sometimes and not alone as I was new to it.
24 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with EF. Wish you all the best for 2020!
Worked at EF for more than seven years and it was an amazing place to build my career. If you want to be immersed in a multicultural environment, if you are flexible and passionate about languages & travel and if you share the mission of opening the world through education then you are sure to find this company a great one!
24 March 2020
Thank you very much for your feedback. First of all, thank you for your 7+ year commitment to EF. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the international environment and working towards our mission. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Working at EF opened so many doors for me and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to make that first career step. BUT My weekday started at 8:15 sharp and finished at 17:00. I then went home, planned lessons for the next day then had an hour to relax. This wouldn’t be too bad if teachers weren’t forced to also work 9am until 9:30pm on one weekend day. I only had one day off a week. The students were amazing, but this was a ridiculous lot of work when combing with lesson plans and marking.
No one day is the same at EF summer jobs. You have to people manage, communicate and organise because you're responsible for 1000s of kids. It can be challenging and the hours are long, but you learn a lot and it's good experience.
24 January 2020
Thank you for your feedback and thank you for your contribution to EF. It's true that no day is the same, one of the reasons many people really love their jobs here. We believe in ownership and our amazing staff around the world is what makes EF such an interesting company to work for. WIsh you all the best for 2020!
Regular work. Good if you need something to fill the gap if you don't work full time. Pay is not fantastic but it helps. There is an opportunity to meet lots of different people from all around the world. Most clients are polite. Group lessons and private lessons are easy to manage.
Pros
Can work anytime of the day, contact through email, training is good, you get 50p extra for every lesson you do that is given a good rating.
Cons
Pay is not great for the amount of work you have to do, the afterclass reports are long, especially when it comes to the private lessons. Pay goes up by 50p every 6 months.
Koko ajan kiinni työssä, joka sisälsi opetuksen ohella vapaa-ajan ohjaajana olemisen, retket, asuntojen vaihdot ja oppilaiden lääkärissä käyttämiset.
Pros
Mahdollisuus olla Oxfordissa.
Cons
Oppilaiden ja minun opettajan asunto liian kaukana keskustasta.
Management do illegal narcotics in the office, not the environment I want to work in Very time consuming work, most staff are friendly, contracts are rolling 2 week contracts, no notice given
8 January 2020
There are undoubtedly good moments within this job. You will meet brilliant people and children, many of whom are international, and you will feel part of the team. I have made good friends for life from this job. However, I believe there are a number of negatives which you would want to consider before applying for this role. The pay you receive in this role does not reflect the high quantity of hours you will have to work, and the difficulties you are likely to also face in the role. Effectively, even during your small amount of time of, you will most likely still have to deal with incidents that occur and spend a lot of your time planning for the following days events. Overall, I am glad I did the job for the experience, as it showed me that I am more than capable of handling stressful situations, however it is certainly not a job for everyone, and if you would like a summer where you get plenty of time to do what you want to do, or long hours, responsibility and planning are not for you, then I would suggest you look for a different role.
Great fun for international exposure, lots of skills learnt e.g. patience, confidence when speaking to large groups of people and met great co-workers who were encouraging and helpful.
10 January 2020
Thank you for this feedback and your work at EF! Great to hear that you enjoyed coming to work, and being exposed to the international environment we operate in. Our people and culture are something we are very proud of and what really makes us different. Wish you all the best for 2020.
As AL I had the kids for half of the day while the teachers the other, so each week day I'd work in either the morning and evening, or afternoon and evening. You're allocated either Saturday or Sunday off but have to work the full day on the other. Can be quite stressful dealing with money and making sure all of the kids end up in the right places and all manage to get onto buses etc. Overall a very fun place to work and the first three days are the WORST because its so busy and you're new to it all, but after that its plain sailing.
5 December 2019
Thank you for your feedback and the hard work you put in making sure our students got to experience the summer of their life. I hope 2019 brings more amazing opportunities your way!
Taking care of young students is a challenge everyday but each day worths the job!! I improved my skills in management and problem solving. I made a great impression to my students ! Great job ever!!
5 December 2019
Thank you for this feedback and your commitment taking care of our students. At EF, putting trust in our staff is key and we give every employee lots of responsibility from early in their EF career. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
It was my first experience of working for an online company as well as teaching. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with EF. The staff were helpful when problems arose and the children were a delight to teach.
5 December 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I hope 2019 brings more amazing opportunities your way!
  1. Employee reviews