EFM Fleet Services Ltd

EFM Fleet Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Decent but fast paced

I worked there for like couple of months and it’s a very fast environment especially in the morning! Staff are amazing and friendly as long as you do your job and the management and team leaders are very supportive and very good banter, just don’t get carried away and be on time for shift! Like I said it’s a very fast pace environment with 6am start and the perks was 4 days in 4 days off, salary was decent, sadly I had to leave the place as my sister was unwell and lost her due to covid-19 hence I had to leave the place, otherwise nice place to work, team leaders are great, sometimes jobs will be passed around. Overall OK!

Pros

4 days on 4 days off, free tea/coffee, good colleagues

Cons

1 30 mins break, Long hours, sometimes jobs are passed around, no vending machine, weekend work

Awful company to work for do not recommend.

Do not work for this company very unfairly treated also they willl charge you £750 for your first week’s training.Long working hours which you get no appreciation for either.

Horrendous

This company can not manage there work load and expect you to give every second you have to them. If you dont then you are made feel like a outsider. They spend no money on equipment and keep it for themself.The initial training is very poor and giving by someone who is not a qualified to do the job and only got the role by brown nosing his way there. They can not provide training or courses to keep to you up to date on the Van's they ask to you to repair.You are expected to fix all Van's roadside/onsite (jobs that cant be done) if the job is unable to be done you are spoke down to by management or you and made feel hopeless.Majority of the office staff and management have zero mechanical skills or knowledge so makes your day very hard. They think every job is a 2 second job because they are clueless.The communication from office staff to yourself is very poor causing nothing but conflict or you being brought in for meetings for things that are not your fault. (Management issue)Overall pays the wages while you progress to something better. AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

Bullying blame culture

Bullying/blame culture from day one, management included. It's who you know not what you know. Other than the people who are in the palm of management, and the management themselves, the rest of the people are nice.

Pros

Cons

Most of the time u had to make sure u had yr own toilet roll in draw!

It was good didn’t like the night shift

I enjoyed working at efm and would happily work there again, I got on with everyone and working over time wasn’t forced it’s just something you do as a mechanic you should be used to finishing the job your on before going home. My only issue was I couldn’t handle working nights and due to not being able to sleep during the day I had an accident, they were more than fair with me and brought up issues when they happened and not doing like other places who save up a list of problems then hit you with them all at once. It’s a shame an accident lost me my job but I get it, I’d go back and work the day shift as I wanted the whole time I was there

Pros

Friendly staff good wage

Cons

Couldn’t switch to day shift before the accident

solid job

I have worked here for a number of years now and whilst we all have them days where we have had enough and cant wait to get home, you will get out of EFM what you put in. a very fast paced and challenging job that keeps your mind engaged with some great characters to keep a smile on your face.

Avoid

Terrible company to work for, full of false Hope's and promises. Poor equipment to work with and dont pay there suppliers!! AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

11 December 2019
Good Luck for the future - a good decision all around when you left after working a whole month for us as the issues that have come out of the woodwork since you departed meant you weren't right for a company who look after the maintenance of a major blue chip organisation. We have many happy and successful relationships with suppliers who have remained in our network since we started back in October 2015.

#GeatPlaceToWork

I worked for EFM Fleet services for 3 and a Half years and loved every minute I did leave but missed the team so now I've come back for more make your own mind up but Life is what you make it

Easily the worse place I have worked

There isn’t much good about working for this company. There are some decent people who work there who are yet to realise how bad a job they actually have and they will only realise this when they leave. The majority of management are useless and have only gained their positions through brown nosing, the minority of management (one person) who actually knows what they are talking about has never had the managerial training they require. You’re basically there to do as many hours as the company can squeeze out of you and if you don’t want to do overtime, you’re made to feel like an outsider. The office conversations are very unprofessional. I’m a person who likes to be able to have a laugh, but the conversation can quickly turn into racist and homophobic remarks being thrown out, this made me feel uncomfortable. Also, after looking at other similar jobs; it will quickly become apparent that you’re at the low end in regards to salary. If you’re contemplating working for this company, I suggest you use it as a very last resort and yet our. The saying “use it or lose it” comes into mind.

Pros

Eventually finishing your shift

Cons

Racism and homophobia

11 December 2019
Good luck for the future - I hope you are as productive for your next employer as you were for us. There has never been an allegation of racism or homophobia raised with management since start up in October 2015. We are an equal opportunities employer and pride ourselves on our none discriminatory recruitment process.

Consistent, Lots of Potential

I worked here for 3 Years, Started as a Breakdown Controller, Supervisor & then Team Leader (Frontline, Then VOR & Finished as Vor & Frontline) Pro's - Strong promoters of Internal progression - Open & Friendly Working Environment (Plenty of Comedians) - Plenty of Opportunities for Overtime - Array of Shift Patterns which are determined by the Role you take. - Friendly, Strong Working Environment as we all have responsibility for the same KPI's. Con's - Office is in need of some TLC (50% of this is caused by the colleagues) - In Some cases you do require "Thick Skin", especially with the banter. - High turnover of Staff - Recruitment could potentially be more thorough to worm out these offenders. - I feel some Issues could be avoided with more careful planning, However the Company is Still only 4 years Old so it is growing. All in all a fair, Consistent & Fast paced environment - It is what you make of it.

Fantastic company to work for

Great company to work for, great people and great vibes. Everyone from service advisors to business owners are down to earth and over helpful, always trying to take pressure of the roadside guys aswell as help them and customers of course. Such a close nit bunch of grafters who make you feel like part of a family. All the staff are headhunted and excel in their own field so the work flows like clockwork, most of the time. Recommend 100%

Horrendous

Such a bad bullying culture by management. If your face doesn't fit your work day is hard. Work is not equally balanced between the people who are doing the same job. You are lucky to have toilet paper.

Pros

Cons

Bullying

17 August 2019
There has never been an allegation of bullying or a grievance raised with management since start up in October 2015. This reviewer has apparently being temporary at all of their positions. EFM has never had any temporary appointments. Looking at this candidates CV it suggests a trouble causer going from company to company trying to get what they can out of the business before moving on. Toilet paper is always supplied and in the unlikely event that we do run out a trip to the shop will have the toilet paper availability replenished within minutes - I can’t believe I’m having to say that!

Terrible working conditions and procedures

Working for this company is like working at a scrap yard. They have lack of equipment and more oil on the floors than in the vans. Health and safety is also a big issue due to fork lift trucks being used to lift and Jack vans by members of staff with no license. People are pushed to use this equipment without training. Also the organisation of the management are poor and the job was full of broken promises.

17 August 2019
Thanks for the review - can you come and remove your scrap cars from the front of our premises please they’re making the place look unsightly? The rest of the above review can be decided by any potential candidates at the interview stage #pinchofsalt

Small Knit Family Environment

I’ve worked at EFM for just under 2 years, due to changes in my personal life, i am today leaving the business. EFM is a small but busy office, which keeps the team going, it’s a nice laid back environment, where there’s no pressure on sales or targets, but Customer service is key!.. I would recommend EFM as an employee, as I have always managed to work my Personal life around my work with no issues what so ever, the salary is great and competitive ! Espically when there’s no sales involved in the job it self.. Over all 10/10 for EFM If I ever need to I would come back and work here with out a doubt 😁 so if our interested give it ago! You won’t be disappointed! Thank you EFM!

Pros

Flexible lunches & breaks, 4 day weekends

Cons

None at all

Good to work for, learned a lot about the business and the role that i do. Management ok, but do delegate job's on a regular basis. Trying to get your own workload completed as you end up doing someone elses.

Negative and opressive culture

extremely negative atmosphere, management allow bullying culture to develop. extremely long hours learned contract management and processes most enjoyable part of the day, going home

Pros

Cons

Long hours, longevity of career, attitude of senior management

2 April 2018
In response to this negative review I feel I must comment on some of the points raised. EFM is a very busy office and so sometimes we are asked to work overtime (which is all paid) to help with the workload. If anyone doesn't want to work any more than their contracted hours they are not forced to do so - the hours are as long as you are happy to make them. EFM have never had an allegation of bullying within any part of the business brought to any member of managements attention as this would be dealt with as required to ensure we continue to be an equal opportunities employer that encourages a happy and friendly working environment for each and every member of staff. We all enjoy going home after we have had a busy and productive day at work! :-)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EFM Fleet Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.4Job security/advancement
  • EFM Fleet Services Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?