EFS

EFS Employee Reviews

Great company, treated fairly!

Working for EFS is one of the best jobs I've had, I earn good money for my family and that's mainly what it's about. The staff seem to treat everyone fair and I get on with them all. I don't have any complaints, they are a good company to work for.

Enjoy working at EFS

I'm a new driver, and cannot fault anything here so far. The workload isn't too much, but is enough to be kept busy. The communication is always good with the traffic office. All the other drivers seem friendly and the warehouse staff very helpful. The induction process was very useful and I feel supported in my day to day role.

Wages are very good and no complaints

I started with EFS about 4/5 week ago and so far all is great. The day to day job is going well so far, much better than where I previously worked. I like that the traffic office aren't always on my back, they let you get on with the job and contact me only when needed. So far so good

Great Team and Company!

I've been a Class 1 Day Driver at EFS since September 2020. We are worked hard, but it is a great team to be part of it is totally worth it. I enjoy driving and being kept busy so the job is perfect. The communication is excellent with the planners and I never have any complaints.

Absolute scumbags.

Absolute lies. The big man takes away bonuses whenever he sees fit without any warning. The promised pay structure is a joke and the trucks are runs down pieces of s..t. steer well clear there are way better options out there.

Pros

None.

Cons

Too many to list.

5 August 2021
Hi our average age of vehicle is 18-24months old.If you would like more detail;s on pay structure please see our current add.Mark Jones MDEFS Global

Class 2 day driver (former employee

I worked at East as a day driver always double stacked pallets to get the work out and the boss was arrogant and thought new everything hours aren't as much as they advertise and if a pallet goes over and needs to be restacked you lose a days bonus money isn't great for the responsibility im glad I went oh and watch out for the can you do a van delivery it usually ends up being a later night

Pros

Eaay run

Cons

Hours and management

Very good. left alone to work on contract .

Picking up/ dropping trailer's loading and unloading/ making deliveries . Keeping to the rules/ working as a team/helping others when your able to/ management is flexible and understands drivers issues / everyone usually gets on and helps each other. Always enjoy driving and seeing my wages every week/ pushing heavy pallets with pump truck/ best bit of my job role is stress free day/ good comments from customers.

Great

Great to work for. good opportunities. good hours. uniform provided . good training provisions. typical day is unpacking containers, loading into warehouse, logging in stock, Packing containers, distributing to clients and keeping stock control

Very good. left alone to work on contract .

Regular contract Very good all round and back up. Good working relations with management Left alone to get on with job. Backup garage gives you peace of mind. Left to just get on with it.

Pressured and rushed

Expect to be rushed about and have management ringing up and screaming at you down the phone whilst trying to drive over complete non-issues. No names mentioned but a certain member of management thinks she owns the company and two-faced and completely unprofesional. They will also expect you to break the law in order to get the job done ("it's okay to go over your hours every now and again" was said regularly). Also take the salary with a pinch of salt. You'll only get the advertised salary if you absolutely max out your hours on a daily basis. Finally, about 70% of the work is for Poundstretcher, which is all tail-lift work with VERY unstable pallets that have a tendancy to topple as you're lowering them ... so be sure that no-one is stood at the back of the truck or you're likely to kill someone.

Hgv driver

Been a brilliant company so far to drive for they generally leave you alone if your doing your work I do tramping have a t.v in the cab which makes life easier while being away. The lads who give the jobs out are always curteous which makes a change. The trucks are being changed bit by bit I have an old daf but didn't expect anything new at the start 10 yrs this is the best company I've worked for.

28 October 2019
Thank you for reviewing EFS Global on indeed, it's great to hear such positive feedback.Kind Regards,Mark Jones

A great learning experience.

I've enjoyed my time with EFS Global as I've gained experience in several new areas and will hopefully keep progressing in my role, learning further new skills. The other staff members and work atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to work.

Nice place to work with nice people

Typical day at work is always busy but a great balance of everything, Everything I know about working on accounts I have learnt with EFS Global. Everybody is very nice and very relaxed, can have a laugh with people!

Never had any problems, great place to work & gain experience

Typical day would include bank reconciling, making supplier payments, replying to accounts related emails & answering the telephone & other accounts related work. I have learnt a lot since working at EFS progressing from an apprentice job role to Accounts assistant job role which includes harder jobs.

3 June 2019
Thank you for leaving your review on Indeed, great to hear you have learnt a lot since starting with EFS and it's great to hear feedback on your career progression so far with EFS Global.Kind Regards,Mark JonesMD

Good Place To Work

Since starting in 2015 I've changed job role slightly from what I started doing but this has been a positive and has increased my job enjoyment, i'm proud to not only say that I work at EFS Global but that my designs are on the EFS vehicles, most of our colleagues are friendly and easy to get on with and create a fun environment to work in, most get stuck in and lend a helping hand when needed. Our MD is very hands on, supportive both with business issues and personal issues and is seen getting stuck in at work each and every day which for a company the size of EFS Global is not often a common place.

Pros

Md, Management

29 May 2019
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review EFS Global on indeed and thank you for your kind words.Best Regards,Mark JonesMD

EFS is a great place to work, the atmosphere is good and everyone is happy to help each other when needed

My experiences at EFS have been very positive. From starting the job 6 years ago not knowing what a pallet was, I have gone on to organise the movement of tens of thousands of tonnes and millions of pounds worth of cargo all over the world. Transport is generally quite a stressful industry to work in, but EFS have strong and approachable management who are happy to help with any issues and provide guidance and support along the way. For the mos tpart, the office staff all get on brilliantly and it's a fun and friendly atmosphere to work in. our MD is a very hands, and his generosity and patience have without a doubt contributed to the fact that I'm very happy working at EFS.

29 May 2019
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review EFS Global.Best regards,Mark JonesMD

Good experiance

Good company to work for, in cab amenities are nice change (TV/DVD Player, Microwave....) you can get plenty of work if required, management is good and friendly, other staff are pleasant.

Pros

managment

22 May 2019
Thank you for reviewing EFS Global on Indeed, it's always good to hear that our upgrades to vehicles are pleasing to our drivers.Kind Regards,Mark Jones.

Fantastic company with chance to advance your career

Everyday is different as I cover different roles withing the company, I started working in security Saturdays, now i'm full time after EFS put me through my class 2 and trained me in office admin work.

Pros

training, development, management

21 May 2019
Thank you for reviewing EFS Global on Indeed, lovely hearing that you are happy with your career at EFS Global.Mark Jones

EFS is a safe and secure employer who aim to be fair with their employees

My overall experience with EFS has been good, Mark Jones is very approachable and always willing to listen, the job can at times be hard and there can be long hours but generally i am happy working for EFS, The truck improvements this year (ie TV & Microwave) have made working away from home easier

21 May 2019
Thank you for your review on Indeed of EFS Global, it's great to hear about happy staff and glad that the roll out of in cab conveniences are making life on the road easier, see you around the depot.Kind regards,Mark Jones

Dynamic evolving proactive

I don't have a typical day which is why I enjoy it. Since starting at EFS all them years ago I have gained various qualifications in the technical aspect of my job, however altogether what I have learnt is too great a list to shift list . I've grown from being an immature young man in to the leader of a team and someone people can rely on to get things done. It's easy to criticize a management infrastructure and the people in it however the management team works very well together always lacking communication between different departments and depots. Coming to work doesn't feel that way most of the time more of a family feel to the place. I enjoy the sporadic nature of my job role and the challenges that are set out for me . Completing said challenges and managing staff, completing work to the best of my ability whilst being under serious pressure. The best bit of my job role is educating other members of staff and seeing them use that knowledge base to good effect.

15 May 2019
Thank you for your review and your 17 years of development, hard work, dedication and service with EFS Global.Kind Regards,Mark Jones MD

Fun and Steady Away

Keep positive, keep smiling and keep trucking. A good relationship with management. The hardest part of my job would be to drive a automatic vehicle. Overall experiences is good.

Thank you for your review of EFS Global on Indeed.Happy trucking!Mark Jones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EFS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare EFS with

• EFS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?