Egg Day Nursery

Egg Day Nursery Employee Reviews

I started working for Egg 2 years ago as a Senior Practitioner when I left my other nursery because the staff were gossipy and cliquey. Egg is not like that at all and it makes such a difference to work somewhere where everyone is supportive. My manager is great and I can always go to her for help. There is also someone who leads all the training and she helps me out with ideas for my room.I was promoted to a Room Leader last year and I am so excited to be able to lead my room and my team who are great. The parents are really supportive and friendly which makes a real difference.
I have worked for egg for many years across both sites, we have always been a fun and supportive team that feels more like a family! Working for egg has give me so many amazing year of fun and I have been able to work my way up though the company with a lot of support from colleges and management, nursery life can be stressful as this come with the job but working as a team is what gets you through and I have always found this at egg, I was very sad to be leaving but unfortunately I needed school hours as my son will soon be starting that adventure! After having my son and returning to work. Egg were brilliant and helped me to find a work and home life balance that worked for us, as a first time mum this made me feel so settled when returning,
Pros
A strong team and support to progress though the nursery
I worked at Egg for a number of years and it is by far the best workplace i have experienced. The staff and management are supportive and encouraging and you are always praised for your achievements. In the time that I worked for Egg I developed greatly in my career and was always given the opportunity to take the next step in my career and made to believe I was good enough to do so. Working at the nursery is like a home from environment and you really become like family with the people you work with.I would recommend this company and the people to anyone else looking for a job in childcare.
Pros
Staff benefits, treats, rewards.
Working at Egg Day Nursery has been an exciting opportunity for me. I started my position just before COVID and although I was worried for my position, I was kept consistently informed and it was lovely to see that the Directors and Group management were so determined to keep everyone's jobs secure. I've been really fortunate to be promoted during my short time with the Nursery, it was such a boost for my confidence and professional practice that my strengths were highlighted and I was pushed to take on more responsibility. Egg have a wonderful track record of promoting within so its really easy to see the progression you can make.
Pros
excellent progression
The nursery had very cliquey rooms, can be very tense and fairly difficult to communicate. Seems you can only get a promotion if you are friendly with management, also room leaders can sometimes be absent and will sit in the office for extended periods with little to no explanation. Ratios are consistently off, but it is only a problem for management when it's their decision. Not all bad, there are good days and bad days. But the bad days can be very stressful and tense.
Pros
Free food at meal times if there are left overs.
Cons
Long hours, even with 0 hours contracts if ratios aren't right you cannot leave.
Egg Day Nursery was a fantastic environment to have been in years ago, but directors and senior management now only care about filling a space for a child. Their lack of empathy/support towards staffs wellbeing is non existent. Staff are constantly on edge and their work load is extremely stressful. You never finish on time and can easy work 40+ hours a week.
Pros
Salery bonus and staff treats
Cons
Long hours, unsupportive management leaders and dress code.
Thoughtful well run business who prioritise staff wellbeing. Great opportunities to progress through the roles due to having two nurseries. Sense of belonging and being listened to. support given when needed at all times, especially due to this being a new role for me. Everyone has been very welcoming as well!
Pros
Prizes given as an incentive for doing well in Audits which works very well.
I really enjoyed working at the nursery. It can be really busy at times but everyone always pulls together and supports each other. The management team are very friendly and helped me out lots when I did my training. I really liked the yearly awards and party - it was great fun!
Pros
awards, events, training
Cons
can get really busy
I found working at egg extremely stressful, there was a constant overbearing attitude from directors that have very little to do with the nursery. Often left out of ratio which is never good either.
Pros
Management actually within the nursery are the best ever
Cons
Directors care more about the appearance of the nursery, being at capacity than staff wellbeing and child safety within ratios
Official response from Egg Day Nursery
14 August 2020
Dear former member of staff,I'm very sorry that you felt that your role was stressful, as directors we work hard with our management teams to provide the highest standards of childcare and we want to give the support to our teams to enable them to succeed. We've had many success stories of growing staff and promoting from within the nurseries. As you know we've just achieved our second Ofsted Outstanding grading which is an incredible achievement, one you should be really proud of and I'm sorry if the work that you and all our amazing staff put it towards achieving this goal, took it's toll. As directors we work hard to ensure high standards for all our nurseries which includes everything from the children's education & development, care, environment to the nursery being well resourced. All this takes a lot of hard work behind the scenes and across the nurseries and from what I observe is our fantastic staff engaged with children in a friendly welcoming environment, our recent Outstanding Ofsted reflects this, we simply would not have achieved this without the well-being, care and safety through ratios and many other safeguards being adhered to.I would never say that we are perfect, we never stop learning and striving to do our best, our staff our so important to us, so I would welcome the opportunity to sit down with you, so I may understand what has made you feel this way, please get in touch anthony@eggdaynursery.com
I really enjoyed working at Egg as a Nursery Nursery, it is by far the best nursery I have worked in. Mainly because the management are so supportive and are happy to talk to you. The owners are also available if you need to speak to them. I was given the opportunity whilst I worked there to move to a different age group which really helped with my development. I was going to start a level 5 qualification but had to move jobs as I relocated with my partner.
Pros
Supportive management, friendly staff, fun staff events
I worked at Egg as a nursery nurse and I can honestly say it is the best company I have worked for. The management team is really supportive and I was able to do lots of training. We also had really fun staff events.
Pros
Happy team, genuinely care about the children and their staff
Egg Day Nursery is a lovely company to work within. They have high standards of care for the children but allow staff to offer ideas to enable learning. The Directors are hands on and ensure the nursery is well resourced and are always happy to buy resources that are needed or need replacing.They follow Ofsted guidelines and ratios and are keen to empower their staff through NVQ training and further qualifications, working closely with life time training to support the staff to become the best practitioners they can be. The company looks to support staff progression and many of staff train and move through the company to room leaders and part of the management team.The nursery truly does have a fun, family feel to it. While being a full day nursery the staff do work 40 hours and the nursery is open all year round with the exception on bank holiday and Christmas, however there is always lots to do and plenty of fun to be had.
Pros
Progression to senior roles
Cons
Hours can be long but we work shifts and aim to keep to 40 max a week.
Egg Day Nursery I simply what is says on the tin 'an outstanding nursery'. It is a place where the children come first and the staff are incredibly well supported in order to reach the best outcomes for the children. Each management team have an open door policy and ensure that all members of staff are welcome at all times.At Egg Day Nursery, in-house promotions are a big part of the company's ethos and the management team actively supports each member of staff to reach their own potential in order to progress within the company. It is apparent that another ethos of Egg Day Nursery is team building! I have experienced many outings with the company a couple being, Ascot, Bowling, theatre shows etc - which is always a plus!Definitely a company to consider if you want to be part of a well supported and respected team of professionals who put the children at the centre of all we do!
Pros
Lots of staff outings!
A typical day at work would be playing with the children, doing activities with them, I learned how to work in a team , how to interact with children. Management up there is very good. i got on very well with my co-workers. I didn't find any problems with this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children.
Pros
Looking after the children, management very understanding.
Cons
As i was taken on as bank staff there was not enough hours.
it is a very nice place to work, nice people to work with. the most enjoyable part of the job was looking after the childern and playing with them
  1. Employee reviews