Elddis Transport

Elddis Transport: 22 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews

A good job.

I'd still be working there but other companies offering slightly better incentives like yearly bonus schemes and fuel bonus. Office are respectful and reasonable in their expectations.

Pros

All parking paid and no pressure to run to max hours.

Good job

Good job but worked like a horse! If you want the hours, they’re definitely there! There’s always someone on the end of the phone if you need help (apart from Sundays!!!)

Insights into Elddis Transport

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment

Better from the outside looking in

ELDDIS (CONSETT) had a great reputation once upon a time, but thing's have changed drastically in the last few years, working there was a happy and enjoyable place, but the present management have put a stop to all that, now it's a joyless, miserable, back stabby black hole of misery, their public perception is more important now, than the happiness of their workforce, which I find very sad, Siddle would be horrified to see what his beloved haulage company has become.

Pros

Vehicles are modern and well kept, in Consett that is can't say the same for Worksop or Haywood.

Cons

Toxic environment

Very stressful and long, long hours

I worked here for around 18 months and it's very long hours, you'll do 60 hours + a week.I was based out of Prudhoe and the stress, hassle, aggravation, rubbish and just general heartache you put up with is terrible.Trailers are very rarely loaded which means when you come in for your shift you spend a minimum of an hour and a half finding a trailer, tipping it (not your job by the way) then loading it, strapping it and finally you can then get going.My record was 4 hours, after being in the yard for 4 hours I was expected to take my load to Scotland (I'm a day man).Management couldn't really give a toss (hence why nothing has changed in the 18 months I've been there) and so far (2021) 36 drivers have jumped ship.Okay to get some experience after you've passed your test but I would have gone crazy had I stayed there any longer.If you don't mind a lot of messing around as well as very long hours then fire away but I wouldn't recommend it.

Pros

Fairly new trucks

Cons

Very long hours with a lot of messing around

Spoke to like a bottom of the barrel skivvy

Treat like dirt spoke to in the same manner. Management don't care and totally unapproachable. Shifts all over the place hourly rate is terrible if you work overtime you get less pH than normal rate. Ask a question get told it is what it is.

Pros

Cons

Long hours for an overtime rate less than normal rate

Unhelpful management and staff

Very unhelpful management and staff no proper training given, shown how to do a job for all of 5 mins and left to it all by yourself then getting grief off management and other members of staff for taking too long on the job that you've been shown how to do for all of 5 mins. Still in this time receiving no help to get back on track and still getting abuse off other members of staff.

Pros

Cons

No proper training or any help from management or team leaders.

Great Family run business

I worked for Elddis Transport in Consett for 9 months in mid 90's , and found the company to be a great place to work. Like most things in life you put in the effort the rewards will follow. They fleet was immaculate the traffic office was fair in giving your job sheets and realistic in drops collect could and would be done. All in all a great place to work.

Pros

Good Place to work

Cons

None in my experience

busy

very busy, good if you like long hours and driving wagons,if planned routes were better managed then absolute great job, but to get jobs done you need to work out your own route because of timed deliveries. great bunch of drivers all willing to help you on your way

New guy/girl gets Bullied

If your the new person, you get the distance work, as it’s paid salary so its job and knock by the mile and paid per drop, you get sent to Birmingham everyday doing 4-5 drops getting back at 4-5pm whilst all the old drivers get the local work and are home for 2 and have 10-15 drops I was forced out cos I refused to be bullied

Pros

Secure parking

Cons

The fat bald manager thinks he’s hard but he’s just a BUM

Best in the North East

Good family run firm, where you are treat with respect, not just a number on a payroll. Excellent kit, well maintained vehicles and trailers. As much uniform as required. Easy clean work

Elddis

Good company Family run All round benefits Having worked as being a driver to the transport office I have achieved many experiences and also progressed more in my career

Poor management,

Management let’s the place go under and doesn’t listen to the needs of it’s employees, that aside good bunch of hard working teams under them which some go through the net and leave,

Factory shunting work, factory culture.

12 hour shifts. Working with an eclectic mix of people. Generally a great job when things go right. Left due to needing to reduce working hours. Hardest part of job ? Getting up early! Most enjoyable part of job? When things go right, eg plenty trailers and no hassle!

Pros

Local so lunch break at home!

Cons

I’ve worked long hours most of my life and decided it was time for a change.

very busy

Life on the Road

Get to see the whole country and interact with various amounts of customers. You get to view all of your jobs on a tablet so you can plan your breaks.

Bad company to work for

Back stabbing management to eager to blame the driver for mistakes Bad pay structure you have to be Albert Einstein to work it out They claim to be a family oriented company but if a driver has a problem at home they are not interested

Cons

Very busy traffic office. The day always passed quickly.

From the start to the end of your shift it was always busy so team work and good communication were a necessity. The hardest part was ensuring tight schedules were met but the sense of achievement when these were met was well worth it.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Sometimes quite stressful

Professionally ran haulage company

Great company although as a day driver i often started at 2.30am which to me was night shift,certain planners were very abrupt but the majority were fine and tried to help if they could.On the whole this is as good as any Haulage company you could get to work for.

Pros

excellent trucksand standards

Cons

long unsociable hours

Driving articulated lorrys today.

seen a lot of changes over the years to this industry some for the good and some for the bad the job can be very demanding and often clashes with drivers regulations it is difficult to compromise as costs are heavy when things are not done right .The roads are busier than ever and no one has a minute to spare frustration can often be a challange.

Fast paced environment

I spent most of my time here working on trailers as part of a work experience program at my school fixing and replacing trailer curtains

Bluechip company

Day to day Prudhoe to Flint north wales , tipping and loading at same company.

Cons

Very early starts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elddis Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Elddis Transport with

• Elddis Transport
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?