elder

Working at elder: Latest elder Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews

companyworkinggreatworkclientliveplacementpay

Transparent and smooth

Still very new, but like the management interaction. Would like to see more weekend work availability and shorter term placements.I am yet to be accepted for placement but this is down to the distance. The company do reach out to me personally to assist and I find this very encouraging.I have high hopes with Elder as I gave enjoyed experience from beginning.

Fun and hard work

Elder is a great company to work for great pay and based on self employed basic. You're in charge of choosing what location and you'll have to do your own tax return

Pros

Free accommodation, Free internet

Cons

Live away from home, hard work

Insights into elder

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things

Elder is a top notch care company with exceptional staff, attention to detail, compassion for service users, listenning ear & support for carers.

Elder: Embodiment, lifesaving devoted enthusiastic & resourceful. Working with elder helps me in planning my calender as the flexibility is encouragong and helpful.The peace of mind, support , listenning ear all constitutes my rationale for working with elder! An Awesome company!

Pros

Salary and the bonuses....

Cons

Interaction with the family members and health personnel.

Elder Self-Employed Live-In Care Work

Elder is a great company to work with because you are self-employed and work when you want to!The salary is one of the best i have seen for a live-in care company, the staff and management are helpful most of the time, you can get 24/7 confidential help with your mental health, you get the elder app in which you can look for clients based on your skills and experiences (the app has adjustable settings that you can tweek to look/work with clients that you feel confident with)Their down fall is their communication, which is not the best most of the time and the phone line in which you call Elder on also is not great and I usually have to keep asking them to repeat themselves because the line connection is so bad. Overall Elder is one of the best care companies i have come across.

I’m so happy to be part of Elder.

My recruiter was so great since the very beginning. She was very friendly during the interview and responsive to all my queries and didn’t let me down. I’m so happy to be part of Elder.I didn’t have to wait long to get my first placement which is good and the placement is very nice - I get on with the client well and the families are lovely and friendly. They’re also very supportive

Pros

I didn’t have to wait long to get my first placement

16 December 2021
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences, it’s lovely to hear that you’ve had such a positive experience with Elder. It's particularly great to know that you have already been on your first placement and our matching process is showing how successful it is!We hope you continue to thrive with us, and remember, if you need any additional support, our team is happy to help.

Smooth and efficient process

From my first contact with Elder everything was very straightforward and quite easy to register. On 3rd Nov 2021, I was in touch with a wonderful lady who carefully helped me through different stages of getting things done, from uploading info, sorting out a video & helping get refresher certificates done.At every stage, she was on hand to make all this happen while putting me at ease which can for some be either stressful or time consuming or both! She continues to be supportive & helpful and is a real asset to Elder. Started 01.12.21

16 December 2021
Thank you for your kind comments, and we think our recruitment team is great too! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your Elder experience, and wish you all the best for the future.

Productive and secure

Working at elder help me balance my work life and personal in different ways and it self employed where you choose when, where and want time i want. I am still a new employee at Elder, so I do not know alot about the disadvantage and advantages Of work. When started at Elder looking for a placement that will be beneficial for me was hard but the person who hired me guided me what I did not know, as for me that was one of the benefits there.

16 December 2021
It’s a pleasure to read such positive comments, thank you for sharing them with us. We hope you continue to find your time here just as enjoyable and rewarding.

Love it

Elder is a great company to work for. Being self employed and getting weekly pay is an incredible bonus. The staff are lovely and nothing is too much for them. If you have a issue they sort it out straight away.

16 December 2021

Very good and nice place to work at

I really enjoyed working with elder because the staffs and the management are so so helpful friendly. There's always jobs Available and most if the clients are very friendly and nice

Pros

You eat free at the cost of the clients

Cons

24 hourly

Me, client and Client’s relatives are benifitting Well.

Always Like working at elder. Job application and interview easy. Able to select suitable client. Able take enough rest. Approachable,Technical and Supportive Team. Good payment.

Pros

Non

Cons

A multicultural and supportive team with a life-changing mission

A multicultural and supportive team with a life-changing mission - to reinvent what it means to age.Rightly so, carers are at the forefront of the company. At the HQ everyone is very approachable and willing to give a hand when in need. Elder has a fairly flat organisation with a transparent career path, bonuses and fair pay.It's a great option for those that want to work in a mission-driven company that actually improves people's lives.

Very professional

Elder is very professional and all their staff are very friendly, whatever questions you ask them they always answer in very professional manner, and they give room to ask any questions.

Work with a purpose

Elder has a wonderful atmosphere with fantastic people. It's great to go to work every day with a sense of purpose. We're trying our best to improve what it's like to both be a carer and receive care and it's exciting to work somewhere that puts people and values first!

Fun, energetic place to work, really making a difference in people's lives

Working for Elder is challenging and rewarding at the same time. It is somewhere I feel I learn everyday and I feel truly proud to be a part of. Not many people can say they have a positive impact on peoples lives with the work that they do. Elder supports its employee with mental health support and other perks, it feels like they live up to the business of care, by genuinely caring.

Pros

Free food, mental health support from Spill, fun talented team

Cons

Usual start up growing pains, challenging marketplace at times

Great company, culture and values

I love working at Elder, the work is challenging yet rewarding and I always feel supported in what I do. They are always looking to move forwards and improve and that is really exciting to be a part of!

Pros

Great team!

Cons

None that I know of!

Elder is a great place to work. They really care about all of their office staff and the carers that work with Elder, and have great benefits. It's very collaborative and everyone is super friendly. The job can be hard sometimes, but it's totally worth it.

Pros

Great benefits and perks, really friendly environment

Cons

Sometimes the job is hard, and can be long hours, but worth it

Collaborative, exciting, and engaging

Working at Elder has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life so far and I am so thankful to be starting my career with them. I am so supported and inspired by all of my colleagues, and am always encouraged to continue to grow and develop. I am able to be challenged while knowing I have my manager and team on my side, and that is such a wonderful position to be in early on in my career. Elder also has one of the richest company cultures I've ever heard of and am lucky to have made some really great friends along the way.

Pros

Team socials, great centrally located office

Mixed feelings

First placement intence ,full on ,felt more like I had taken on a cleaning position, client was great ,any problems families supportive.Positive outcome client wanted to keep me on there,but I was just covering.I've read all reviews and can agree with alot of comments made ,the clients requirements ( incorrect)Placement pricing (incorrect)Percentage taken won't disclose ,Job replacement waited months Do disagree with no support Taking a break no pay ( disagree)I bought my own uniform, certain standards should be put in place I bought a name badge I have a issue with food budget Before placement hours working should be discussed NO 12 hr shift should be worked unless paid for on a hourly rate system paid for by family If client being taken out that is not part of carers break time .

Pros

Cons

Keep hours in check

Could do better..lol

Have worked on a self employed basis for Elder for a good while now. The up side is..YOU decide where/ when you work. And, you do get to see some nice places. Cannot fault the wages dept..Always paid on time and accurate. Down side, iv often arrived at a placement which,was not as described. Previous carer left place a mess/ disorganised...Acvounts Dept ran by a lot of 20/ 30 something yr olds..whos life/ communication skills are lacking! And, Iv just got sacked for not accepting a placement where the other carer had Covid!! ..NO, proper sanitizing procedure in place..But, being s/e ..ur not covered by employment law..oh, well....worse places to work tho...

Pros

Nice houses/ Save on energy bills at home.

Cons

VERY isolating job

A fun/happy working place

Elder platform is an introductory platform of which those of us on the platform are already EXPERIENCED carers. We were told during the induction that, we should check on the placement if whatever the client wrote is correct concerning the care and if not , we should let Elder know. And if we want it or not, we should keep Elder informed. So, if l go and I like it, l stay on and if not, l inform Elder. And it has worked for me.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Liv-in care workers

Very Supportive Management

I have been working for Elder as a Self Employed Live in Carer now since Nov last year and my experience has been good. I like the fact that you can choose a placement that fits the criteria you are looking for ie Distance of placements, Type of care package and you are matched accordingly. The Management Team are very supportive and continually make sure you are happy and any issues resolved. Pay is weekly too which is a bonus. Great place to work! 👍😁

Pros

Work that suits you

Cons

Have to pay your own Tax and NI

Ask a question about working or interviewing at elder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare elder with

Learn about elder in popular locations

• elder
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?