Elder logo
Elder

Elder Employee Reviews

Mixed feelings

First placement intence ,full on ,felt more like I had taken on a cleaning position, client was great ,any problems families supportive.Positive outcome client wanted to keep me on there,but I was just covering.I've read all reviews and can agree with alot of comments made ,the clients requirements ( incorrect)Placement pricing (incorrect)Percentage taken won't disclose ,Job replacement waited months Do disagree with no support Taking a break no pay ( disagree)I bought my own uniform, certain standards should be put in place I bought a name badge I have a issue with food budget Before placement hours working should be discussed NO 12 hr shift should be worked unless paid for on a hourly rate system paid for by family If client being taken out that is not part of carers break time .

Pros

Cons

Keep hours in check

Very professional

Elder is very professional and all their staff are very friendly, whatever questions you ask them they always answer in very professional manner, and they give room to ask any questions.

Work with a purpose

Elder has a wonderful atmosphere with fantastic people. It's great to go to work every day with a sense of purpose. We're trying our best to improve what it's like to both be a carer and receive care and it's exciting to work somewhere that puts people and values first!

Fun, energetic place to work, really making a difference in people's lives

Working for Elder is challenging and rewarding at the same time. It is somewhere I feel I learn everyday and I feel truly proud to be a part of. Not many people can say they have a positive impact on peoples lives with the work that they do. Elder supports its employee with mental health support and other perks, it feels like they live up to the business of care, by genuinely caring.

Pros

Free food, mental health support from Spill, fun talented team

Cons

Usual start up growing pains, challenging marketplace at times

Great company, culture and values

I love working at Elder, the work is challenging yet rewarding and I always feel supported in what I do. They are always looking to move forwards and improve and that is really exciting to be a part of!

Pros

Great team!

Cons

None that I know of!

Collaborative, exciting, and engaging

Working at Elder has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life so far and I am so thankful to be starting my career with them. I am so supported and inspired by all of my colleagues, and am always encouraged to continue to grow and develop. I am able to be challenged while knowing I have my manager and team on my side, and that is such a wonderful position to be in early on in my career. Elder also has one of the richest company cultures I've ever heard of and am lucky to have made some really great friends along the way.

Pros

Team socials, great centrally located office

Could do better..lol

Have worked on a self employed basis for Elder for a good while now. The up side is..YOU decide where/ when you work. And, you do get to see some nice places. Cannot fault the wages dept..Always paid on time and accurate. Down side, iv often arrived at a placement which,was not as described. Previous carer left place a mess/ disorganised...Acvounts Dept ran by a lot of 20/ 30 something yr olds..whos life/ communication skills are lacking! And, Iv just got sacked for not accepting a placement where the other carer had Covid!! ..NO, proper sanitizing procedure in place..But, being s/e ..ur not covered by employment law..oh, well....worse places to work tho...

Pros

Nice houses/ Save on energy bills at home.

Cons

VERY isolating job

A fun/happy working place

Elder platform is an introductory platform of which those of us on the platform are already EXPERIENCED carers. We were told during the induction that, we should check on the placement if whatever the client wrote is correct concerning the care and if not , we should let Elder know. And if we want it or not, we should keep Elder informed. So, if l go and I like it, l stay on and if not, l inform Elder. And it has worked for me.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Liv-in care workers

Very Supportive Management

I have been working for Elder as a Self Employed Live in Carer now since Nov last year and my experience has been good. I like the fact that you can choose a placement that fits the criteria you are looking for ie Distance of placements, Type of care package and you are matched accordingly. The Management Team are very supportive and continually make sure you are happy and any issues resolved. Pay is weekly too which is a bonus. Great place to work! 👍😁

Pros

Work that suits you

Cons

Have to pay your own Tax and NI

Bellow minimum wage

I have been working with a dementia patient from early morning to later in the evening sometimes waking up in between the night and sometimes no sleep at all. There should be consideration when you have to work for more than 12 hours a day 7 days a week. It isn’t even fair but the company never seem to put it into consideration support we offer at night which no one count. A disgrace to say the least

Jobs at Elder

See more jobs

Dreadful company

Elder are an introduction agency. This means that they make no assessment of prospective clients. The information that they give to carers is often inaccurate or misleading. You can arrive at a placement and find that the client is not as described. The account managers are inexperienced and have little knowledge of care. If you are finding a placement difficult it is hard to find support. I would not recommend them if you want live in care work. Look elsewhere

Live in

Your self employed with this company but before my accident they were considering becoming paye employers. Work isn't always easy to come by and can get cancelled at short notice pay is very low but great if you still live at home with your parents.

It's very time to CQC to review ELDER

Absolutely don't recommend this organizational to other careers or patience , no comment it's case for commissioner to start to have a look at this organization at people whom they employee

Treat Employees disgustingly

Worked as a caregiver here, the account managers think they are special and speak to you like you are scum at the bottom of their shoes! Being a caregiver itself is rewarding but you can choose other companies that show more respect than they do. I suggest they get some training on how to speak to people.

good place to work

It is the only company which manages to find me as much work as I want, and I feel I am truly the one who decides where and when I want to work, like being my own boss. Also the staff is young and understanding, they value the carers, plus they are easy going, very responsive I am a live in carer, looking after a lovely couple in Devon, The chemistry is great, hence why I have been there since January 2018. It is like being in your own family. I get good support from the management team.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

travel expenses are no longer reimbursed

Unhelpful

They had terrible management skills. Not very polite to employee's or clients. Very slow. Not understanding in difficult situations. Don't check up on their staff or clients to see how they are.

awful to work for

never tell you everything about a client and you go on placement and the job is a lot harder because the company don't divulge this information just so they can get anyone to any placement instead of making sure the carer can do the job or the client is suitably matched

Pros

free food and board on placement

Cons

long hours, and they pay you a week in arrears, every 1st week you work, even when you go on your break, soon as you go back they pay your 1st week in arreares again.

Interesting Experience

Live in carer for a person suffering with acute depression. Involved supporting person with daily tasks while trying to promote independence. Positive attitude was needed at all times to enable the person to get better. Negotiation was all so a big part of this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement