Eleanor Nursing and Social Care

• Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Really enjoy working with Eleanor

Eleanor is a nice place to work with. The manager is very nice , the administration staff. They provide training, holiday paid and provide everything for Carers.

Great experience- Portsmouth Branch

I worked at The Portsmouth branch during Covid as i was furloughed. Although i did not have much experience, the recruitment team were reassuring and training was provided before i started. I found the whole Portsmouth team to be supportive and everyone mucked in, including office staff and management. Considering the climate at the time everyone kept each other’s spirits high and Covid measurements were maintained all the way through. It was a nice change of atmosphere and i wish the team and clients all the best.

Pros

Supportive welcoming team

Cons

Parking in Portsmouth

23 November 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience, we will pass this on to the team in Portsmouth.

Productive and very flexible!

Eleanor Healthcare are a fantastic company to work for! They are very flexible and always willing to go the extra mile for staff. The team are very friendly and approachable, I would highly recommend Eleanor Healthcare for employment!

Pros

Fantastic company

3 November 2021
Thank you for your comment, great to hear you are having a good experience with Eleanor.

Stressful

The management doesn’t care about the welfare of their staff. They always put their mistakes on the staff in order to cover their faults . So uncoordinated are very quick to blame staffs and put staff on suspension.

Poor

Poor management and poorly run . Over worked carers pushed to breaking point. Didn’t care for carers mental health. Everything was about growing hours and the branch .

Cons

Great place to work, management are really understanding if your availability changes at short notice. Management happy for you to have a chat if any troubles.

Pros

Good pay rate, lovely clients, management

Cons

Some days could be long

23 November 2021
Thank you for your kind comments, we will be sure to let the Branch team know.

Outstanding company to work for

I have recently started my role as manager for the Cannock branch. I have been made to feel very welcome and have been offered all the support I need. The care staff are highly valued and good rates of pay.Would definitely recommend Eleanor Care.

Pros

Supportive Team, Good Values, Good Rates of Pay.

9 October 2021
Thank you for your review, it is very rewarding to hear that you feel supported.

Friendly, welcoming experience.

I have recently started in a recruitment role within Eleanor care, they reached out to me quickly and were easy and welcoming to talk too, after a nice discussion within the same day (on my schedule) I appeared on a zoom interview with the recruitment manager who has reached out to me via phone and a recruitment consultant. The zoom interview was upbeat and friendly and made me feel relaxed and enthusiastic about the company and what I could achieve there. I quickly received an offer of employment. Even though I had multiple offers from other companies who actually changed there offers in an attempt to away me to their company. However purely due to the kind nature, the way they made me feel comfortable and their attitude to professional development had already won me over and I accepted the offer. I started this week and I’m looking forward to the journey ahead!

9 October 2021
Thank you for those kind words, we look forward to supporting you to reach your development goals !

Horrible company to work for. Stay away!!!!!

They expect you to do everything and don't appreciate it. Wouldn't recommend this company to my worse enemy. Hard work working here,they are very unorganised.

Pros

None to list

Cons

Managerment r spiteful. Don't provide references. No structure

Workplace culture

The job is very demanding and as someone that’s overweight I struggle to get around. Performing basic tasks like making up beds and making the patient has a clean presentable place to eat is allot for me. Amal who is my manager can’t even coordinate. The majority of the careers are always leaving. For myself I plan to go Jamaica and once I arrive back find a new job especially if it becomes mandatory to take the vaccine. Simone

Cons

Long hours, disrespectful manager and not very understanding.

Work over load

They push to much work onto their carers a lot of the time without asking Expect too much from carers that they don’t do themselves Have no travel time between clients that it is needed Change of rota daily/hourly Don’t get a regular rota Don’t listen to complaints from carers or clients

Pros

Cons

Extremely tiring

Great Support Structure.

I have worked for Eleanor Nursing and Social Care now as part of the operations team for only a few months - and already I know I have made the right choice for my career progression. I have worked within the industry for over 13 years, and this is the first organisation I have worked for that has a multi-level support structure throughout the business. I certainly feel this is a benefit of working for an independently owned national company; every level of management is invested in each individual employee. I work underneath an Operations Director who has a clear vision for driving innovation, change, and progression within the industry as a whole. And, at the same time is caring, compassionate and knows about every individual within his national team - helping towards their wellbeing and their independent successful career. The care industry will always have the same cons - some staff have some long hours, some staff feel they work a lot of days, and with the added pressures of Covid-19; of course the industry is hard. But that is the industry we work in - what I think makes this company, is although you have may have the long days - you have that management team around you every step of the way, and you will always feel safe in what you do.

Pros

Great support structure around you for all aspects of your role, Management that ACTUALLY care, Friendly and approachable colleagues, Exciting environment to be involved in future changes

Cons

None established to date.

Such a caring team to work for.

Iv worked for this company for 16 months now and I can honestly say iv loved every minute of it. The management are fantastic and very supportive. It's such a rewarding job. From the minute I had my interview right up untill now they've always made me feel comfortable and very much part of a work family.

Amazing company

Before working for Eleanor I had never done care - I had never felt so welcome and the training was outstanding. The management and office staff are very understanding and try to help you the best they can.

Pros

Helping people and seeing them smile

Cons

Great supportive management and opportunities to grow

I have come a long way with Eleanor! My contribution to the service has always been recognised and appreciated by the management. A great platform to practice your leadership skills. The management is very supportive.

Pros

Flexibility, Monthly performance incentives, Yearly performance Bonus, Opportunity for personal development

14 July 2021
Thank you for your comments, it is always pleasing to hear about someones positive journey,

Great company, you can go as far as you want

There are ambitious growth plans in place. Join and grow your career. Everyday is different. The down fall is that work pressures are high. The more you get paid, the more is expected from you. Great place if you are mentally tough, if you a people person and if you have compassion. This is not for you if you want a 9 to 5 job and want to just crawl your way through life. CEO is an amazing person. You must meet him.

Pros

Growth opportunities for go getters, job for life, small enough so that you matter. Most people seem to be really committed to making a difference.

Cons

High expectations, Lots of work, Constant change

14 July 2021
Thank you for your kind feedback, encouraging to hear such positivity!

Love working for this company

I have only been with the Company nearly a month the office staff cant do enough for you they are so understanding and very approachable and will help you with anything,the clients and staff are all lovely.They are so flexible with what hours you can do.im so pleased I have joined the company they also give you a chance to progress if you want to.

Pros

Lovely staff and clients

Cons

Non

14 July 2021
Thank you for your comments and hard work, and congratulations on your recent "Good" rating by CQC !

Good company to work

I have worked for the company for 9 years, I work in Poole Branch as a co - ordinator and work with a great team of people, I love my job and what I do,

Pros

Support of your colleagues

18 March 2021
Thank you for your kind feedback, we will ensure the team are made aware.

I started work for this company befor christmas

Absolutley love my job, office staff are fantastic and easy to talk to with any problems I have. Lovely clients and colleagues. So pleased I made this choice. Very flexible hours that suits my family life and extra hours if needed

Pros

Rota to suit home life very flexible

Cons

Cant think of any

18 March 2021
Thank you for your kind words, it is very pleasing to hear of such a positive experience in what we all know is a challenging area of work.

Avoid

Worst company I have ever worked for. Inept abusive management, neglectful staff and a company who clearly put income before clients. If you care then avoid this company. They have no concern for staff or residents.

Pros

Cons

Inept management, Stressful, no support, long hours, abusive staff

It’s ok

The job itself is good. The pay is bad. I will be out of my house for 30 hours a week and will only be paid for around 20 hours. The management don’t help, although a few staff are really helpful- the rest are b/tchy and bad. It’s a good starter job, and they’re fine in the beginning. Just don’t pick up any extra hours (if they ask you to) because they will walk all over you and take advantage.

18 March 2021
I am sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us. If there is anything, in particular, you would like me us to look into, please let us know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eleanor Nursing and Social Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement