Electricity North West

Electricity North West Culture reviews

Excellent company to work for if you want to progress with your career. If permanent member of staff you are encouraged to develop your own skills and this is aided by enrollments for recognized courses.
I hated working here. Very disappointed as it was supposed to be my dream job. It became obvious after a short time that corruption is embedded into the work culture. Many, many times we did an hours work and spent the rest of the time having a brew but if, shock horror, you don't like that you won't be popular. My team's motto, " you're not fighting if you're marching". Pathetic. I resigned!.
Treated like battery hens with call out pizza disguised as ‘welfare’ when in-fact it’s an incentive to stay late when THEY NEED YOU for their KPI’s to be met during storm conditions. In addition to lukewarm pizza, the time and half offered is a real tug for the old purse strings with the hourly rate being so rubbish compared to other companies. Most employees in the contact centre are fairly nice, I’d say some are lovely but the few cockerels who spend the majority of their time discussing office politics during their extended smoking breaks actually pollute the place with their cocker-doodle-doing. It doesn’t matter how many eggs a hen lays, if their face doesn’t fit then it’ll be stopped from progressing until pushed out of the cage. The amount of gossip that fly’s around the place is contaminated and can be very personal. Salmonella at its worst on occasions. Some (not all) of the big cockerel’s who roost at the top of the office, otherwise known as ‘the management’, have been seen to look down on the hens and add to the bacteria that spreads with the contamination. Be warned and be wary! There’s no work life balance, no flexi and no support towards dependants. So, if you have chicks or old hens to care for, you’ll struggle without taking annual leave (unless there’s a weather storm and they need you; then its different farm yard. Then they’ll almost open the cages and allow you to be free-range so they get enough eggs to deliver on their stats). My advice is this, unless you’re a pedigree hen and get offered a job it won’t be a career, contrary to what you're - more...
This is a good place to work, good people and good management. This is a busy job, with lots to do but the culture is such that everyone helps each other. I would recommend working here.
Out of date for the modern workplace. Difficult to have drive when the foreground is very flat. There is a culture of protecting information that should be readily accessible to all as required.
A typical day starts with reviewing all received emails and prioritizing them in order of importance before replying. I acquired new skills such as basic SAP usage. Electricity North West is a well managed company whose management teams graduated from the lower ranks of the company therefore have vast knowledge day to day dealings with their customers. There is a teamwork work place culture. The hardest part of the job is pursuing late payers. I enjoyed resolving issues customers may have and working within a very friendly and helpful team.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee, you can start early or late
Cons
Traffic delays to and fro
Good working environment that has very good and helpful staff that are always willing to help. Great family feeling within the working office.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Work set up
The role was varied and deadlines were to be met. I found it enjoyable learning so much about the company, procedures and the management were fantastic. All the staff were friendly, helpful and fun which added to the overall experience of working there. Unfortunately my contract ended but I'd be back like a shot if a vacancy arose in the future!
Pros
canteen