Electricity North West

Electricity North West Management reviews

Pros: Great work life balance, mostly pressure/stress free. Management allow you to manage own workload. Flexible working options Great pension and benefits Growing industry with current and exciting challenges Cons: Poor IT Stale work environment at some offices Limited social interactions with colleagues outside of work Slow to innovate and some out-dated practices
I hated working here. Very disappointed as it was supposed to be my dream job. It became obvious after a short time that corruption is embedded into the work culture. Many, many times we did an hours work and spent the rest of the time having a brew but if, shock horror, you don't like that you won't be popular. My team's motto, " you're not fighting if you're marching". Pathetic. I resigned!.
Progressive , supportive . Good company to work for . communication sometimes could lead a lot ot be desired there are lot of good people working for ENWL happy
Pros
good management, good development
Cons
To many bosses in the office generally not doing alot it was us the Arborist that ran the vegetation management ourselves,making important calls to customers and dealing with problems daily,money wasn't great and had to fight every year for a payrise generally not a good company to work for,also you get punished if you get ill which happened as we worked outside
Treated like battery hens with call out pizza disguised as ‘welfare’ when in-fact it’s an incentive to stay late when THEY NEED YOU for their KPI’s to be met during storm conditions. In addition to lukewarm pizza, the time and half offered is a real tug for the old purse strings with the hourly rate being so rubbish compared to other companies. Most employees in the contact centre are fairly nice, I’d say some are lovely but the few cockerels who spend the majority of their time discussing office politics during their extended smoking breaks actually pollute the place with their cocker-doodle-doing. It doesn’t matter how many eggs a hen lays, if their face doesn’t fit then it’ll be stopped from progressing until pushed out of the cage. The amount of gossip that fly’s around the place is contaminated and can be very personal. Salmonella at its worst on occasions. Some (not all) of the big cockerel’s who roost at the top of the office, otherwise known as ‘the management’, have been seen to look down on the hens and add to the bacteria that spreads with the contamination. Be warned and be wary! There’s no work life balance, no flexi and no support towards dependants. So, if you have chicks or old hens to care for, you’ll struggle without taking annual leave (unless there’s a weather storm and they need you; then its different farm yard. Then they’ll almost open the cages and allow you to be free-range so they get enough eggs to deliver on their stats). My advice is this, unless you’re a pedigree hen and get offered a job it won’t be a career, contrary to what you're - more...
Worked there for nearly two years, got me involved in quite a few interesting projects and there was alot of opportunity to earn decent money with double and sometimes triple time for your overtime. Some downsides to progression being largely family related but overall a decent management team and good morales to pay and sickness ect. Would recommend to any and all.
This is a good place to work, good people and good management. This is a busy job, with lots to do but the culture is such that everyone helps each other. I would recommend working here.
Out of date for the modern workplace. Difficult to have drive when the foreground is very flat. There is a culture of protecting information that should be readily accessible to all as required.
I worked there and the job was interesting the staff were all nice but I fell foul of a manager who disregarded the health and safety of all staff ..phone system quality shocking ACOUSTIC SHOCK ,, caused stress ... Manager asked me to walk outside and promptly asked me did I really need the job .. Decibel level on phone at times was approx 90db ... BE AWARE
Pros
Good job, friendly staff
Cons
Health and safety ignored and bi polar management
A typical day starts with reviewing all received emails and prioritizing them in order of importance before replying. I acquired new skills such as basic SAP usage. Electricity North West is a well managed company whose management teams graduated from the lower ranks of the company therefore have vast knowledge day to day dealings with their customers. There is a teamwork work place culture. The hardest part of the job is pursuing late payers. I enjoyed resolving issues customers may have and working within a very friendly and helpful team.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee, you can start early or late
Cons
Traffic delays to and fro
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Electricity North West?
Steady flow of work. Managers not aware of what really happens on site. Set in there ways don't move with the times, it was not what I thought it would be.
Pros
Well paid for what you do
Cons
Poor management
•Responsible for driving forward & delivering the capital delivery model through introducing & implementing new business initiatives & processes. •Working alongside Senior Business Partners & Operational management team to support the production of the annual capital company business plan. •Maintaining close stakeholder relationship in managing & reviewing forecast accruals & outputs through regular monthly meetings. •Provide analysis & evaluation reports to Senior Business Partners on a monthly basis •Assisting business units in their budgeting and planning process.
The role was varied and deadlines were to be met. I found it enjoyable learning so much about the company, procedures and the management were fantastic. All the staff were friendly, helpful and fun which added to the overall experience of working there. Unfortunately my contract ended but I'd be back like a shot if a vacancy arose in the future!
Pros
canteen