Element Materials Technology

Element Materials Technology Employee Reviews for Technician

As I have been working for Exova, we have just been taken over by Element recently. I personally have enjoyed my time here as a whole so far. Colleagues are friendly and welcoming, managers are easy to talk to. Any problems I have ever had in the work place have been solved. Salary could be better - although there is room to progress and earn more, there are many other similar job roles at other companies with higher starting salaries. Like many other workplaces there are the occasional problems, good days and bad days, but nothing that has affected my time at work massively. I can't speak for other areas of Element, but I would recommend my branch in Stevenage to work at.
Unless you are related by blood or marriage to a current member of staff, don't waste your time at Element.Favouritism is rife.Painfully poor management. Although there's the exception of a couple of professional managers. The senior staff, line managers and HR management alike, are unfortunately some of the worst I have had the misfortune to work with. A misogynistic manager makes for an unpleasant working environment for all. The difference between salaries for staff with the same job title and the same experience is disgustingly unfair. For a UKAS accredited lab, the corners they cut just to save a bit of money is shocking. You could work yourself into the ground (as many do) for this company and nobody would bat an eyelid as you are simply just a number. They have an incredibly high staff turnover and don't seem to be making any progress in rectifying this. Poor wageExtremely poor managementPoor moral Poor professionalismGood if you need the experience to move on to a better job, as seems to be the way.
Pros
Weekends/Pay day
Cons
Management/Salary/Attitude to staff/Working environment
Element took over the company I worked for. They abolished our yearly bonus, froze our pay and gave the technicians a much heavier workload. Needless to say I left and went to a company where I was better appreciated.
Pros
None i could find
Cons
Low pay for industry
Terrible management, too many chiefs that do little work and not enough actual workers, minimum wage. No renumeration, low staff morale. No recognition of effort. On call, low staff morale.
Pros
Staff parking
Cons
Wouldn't recommend
Worked their for a few months, nothing wrong with how I worked, got praise afew times...then...all of a sudden, meetings were put in place with Management and HR - got given LOADS of reasons none of which added up, then, BAM! contract terminated.
Pros
decent hours for me
Cons
getting the boot, management