What did I know about company? Happy to traffic stop for sales?
Why should I get the job?
I had 2 interviews and 1 store approval. I worked in a department store that had an Elemis concession but also did facial treatments.
1st interview was with account manager (general questions) (lasted 30 mins total)
- what previous beauty/spa experience do you have?
- what hourly wage are you expecting?
- what hours/days can you work? Are you flexible to the role?
- have you heard of Elemis and do you know much about the products/used them before?
This interview mostly focused in the treatment room where you perform a 15 min facial so they can feel your touch
2nd interview was with the regional manager (more intense) (lasted around 60-90 mins)
- what do you know about Elemis?
- what's your favourite Elemis product and why? (Make sure you look and sound passionate about it)
- what relevant experience do you have within beauty/retail?
- have you ever had sales targets to achieve? What were they and how did you achieve them?
- tell me about a time you had a difficult customer, what did you do?
- if the counter is quiet and there's not many customers, what would you do?
- tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service
- what would you do if a customer had came in with an Elemis product asking for a refund?
- what routine would you recommend to me if I came in asking if I had oily acne prone skin but currently do not have a skin care routine? What would you do and say?
- what would you do if a customer came up to the counter? How would you interact with them?
- how would you promote a facial to a customer that's never had one before?
- how would you get customers over to the counter if it was quiet in store?
- now I want you to sell me a product (it doesn't have to be Elemis, any product. They just want to see your selling abilities)
I'm sure there was more questions but I can't quite remember but she did ask about how I would travel to work and who I live with.
Eating the store manager and just having a short chat with them. The only thing she asked me was if I knew anything about the store I would be working in which had nothing to do with Elemis
Experience in retail / sales industry
Commitment organised great customer service
What do you know about the brand
are you a beauty therapist
how many years experience do you have
have you worked in retail before