Elior
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Elior Employee Reviews

Featured review
Elior selected this as a representative review
An exciting place to work. Managers are very friendly and approachable. Colleagues are always there to support you when you need help. It's a fun and comforting environment and you're always excited for your next shift.
Pros
You're allowed to eat leftovers, staff are always friendly, always paid on time
Cons
Not allowed dizzy drinks, can have lots to take to store and it can be a long trek, not many shifts, customers can be hectic
Official response from Elior
18 March 2019
Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Kind regards The Recruitment Team
Never worked for a company that wants and expects you to do 4 peoples jobs for one persons pay, when asked for more staff to do the required amount of work the response is always the budget will not cover it? When the lack of staff reflects on the service provided this is no way to run a business, never made sense to me why another member of staff could not be employed but they would pay the same amount as a wage in overtime that would pay that staff members wage? Site support ? Well its a bad job when you have to show the site support how to do their job that they admit to having gone on a training course to learn? All in all a shocking company to work for!
Pros
Cons
Too much pressure.
Pay was wrong a lot!! Over worked barely got to choose when to take holidays and was often cheated out of holiday entitlement by manager. Complaints never took seriously. I loved the environment and people I served but team wasn’t very helpful very stressful very down grading and manager had a terrible approach to awful family circumstances kept ringing me to come back to work during a devastating time for myself.
Pros
Cons
Not appreciated
Exchange quay is a small village style office site with on site shop, post office, bar and restaurant. Everyone on-site gets involved in events the site holds for special occasions eg: pictures with reindeer, Christmas Choir and mulled wine. Great community spirit great place to work
Pros
Great people to work with
It’s very much your a expandable to this company , no communication to staff when it’s needed. Trying to get through and get a response from head office and payroll is a joke
Absolutely shocking company, they do not care about their staff what so ever - only profits. Wages are never correct so spend hours on phone to payroll, work your backside off and then they kick you to the curb even though i could have been furloughed. Then shock horror my final pay is a week short which ive now got to fight for. Disgusting!!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Problem with always changing management. But its ok place to work. Had 4h brake in-between shift that was inconvenience. But it was normal.Interesting job experience
Pros
Uniform, good money
Cons
Weird hours, management
I worked for the company for a few months and would still be there but the customer contract came to an end. If I had been able to stay I already had a promotion that had been confirmed and the training was in place to support me.
Pros
Lovely company
Cons
Absolutely dreadful company to work for, work like a donkey and paid minimum wage. The more you do the more they want. Too many managers in political war with each other. Managment allowed holiday and sick time but workers not. 33 hour contract but expected to do more every week. Empty promises made me leave and then they withheld holiday pay. Definitely wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Cons
Long antisocial hours.
Was chucked into the deep end with no training at all even though I was promised some. Pay was awful and was always a different every month even though I worked the same hours every month! When asked for help and training got ignored. Expects you to do everything in such little time with no help. Long working days with hardly enough time for a break or lunch. List could go on and on!! Advise to stay away from this company they don't care about their staff at all!
Pros
Only thing that was good about it was the staff i worked with
Cons
Everything!
action packed full days with great staff lots of scope for changing menus to suit customers needsgiven plenty time to clean food area to a excellent standard
Pros
free lunch and hot drinks
Cons
probably not enough hours in the day
Had a great team with a lovely manageress who cared about us and our families. Fast paced but fun environment, excellent in house training and Online training
Pros
Free lunch
working at Elior i had a great time and at times it was stressful but it was also a fun and relaxed place to work on a good day i was cooking every day that i was there but not one person brought the food i was spending more on buying the food then making on a day to day basis as all they were buying was toast or chips
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Worked at a football stadium that Elior catered for while I was at college. The overall atmosphere was professional while laid back enough to build friendships and feel like a solid team. If you show willing and reliability it won’t take long gain new responsibilities. Always felt appreciated while I worked there.
good pay and management. it’s a fast pace environment which i enjoy. nice people to work with and serve. the tolls are easy to use and the food is easy to serve and get to
Cons
customers often complain
Poor management, lack experience and the personal / people skills to manage staff productively. Worked as chef with a qualification to match and due to their pay structure I was being paid exactly the same as an unqualified General assistant despite doing triple the work load at normal times. An absolute disgrace ! Under paid .. regularly have to cover other workers through sickness and short staffing For long period up to months and expected to do it alongside your own role with out any recognition financial Or even a verbal thank you !
Pros
Kitchen teams work well and get the job done
Cons
Management, job security, pay & no recognition or feeling valued
I thought the company were great to work for , I loved my job and getting to know new customers , I also liked going from store to store and covering when they had no manager overall a great experience.
Good leadership Displayed by managers & supervisors. Considerate/flexible / compassionate when required/ Teamwork is the key at Elior for great customer service.
Pros
Positive /team environment.
Cons
None.
Fast paced company to work for This is brilliant if you’re looking to work in a fast and challenging environment! Teams are nice to work within and they help to build confidence
I worked for ellior for 5 years + The clients were fantastic As for management well different matter. All they were interested in was gp. No time for staff management used to walk in not even acknowledged you were there. No praise to you for all your hard work. More paper work than cooking.
Pros
Lovely place to work
Cons
My two stints with Elior covers 7 years plus, i really like this company, but it is a genuine, you get out what you put in. I was site manager and my team and I were always fully supported by senior management, we were able to do our job with what we needed and we never had problems with pay or holidays. I rate this company highly and will look for opportunities to return if a post becomes available in my area. work hard for them, get looked after, no such thing as a free ride. I recommend this company...
Pros
good support, work life balance
Cons
Contract retension unfortunatly
  1. Employee reviews