Elite EMS
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Elite EMS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews

it was okay

it was okay it was a job and payed some bills there was a issue with the finance manager while i worked there meaning people was not always paid on time

Cons

late pay long hours

Avoid this company

No support, horrible management, payroll tries to underpay staff every month, vehicles not maintained properly. We don’t get enough uniforms, what we get is low quality.

Insights into Elite EMS

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Poor employer, no support

Constant late wages No support from traumatic incidents Not interested when a issue or complaint is raised All round poor company to work for and you are only a bum on a seat for them. First time you say no they’ll drop you. Take money for training but don’t support students effectively! I can go on…

Pros

Good equipment

Cons

Support, wages wrong or late, poor communication

Not for the weak

Started off exciting and interesting and have travelled all over the country. However was not given proper training and quickly became very toxic environment to be in. Had issues with wages every month, expected to work 4/5 12 hour shifts in a row WITHOUT a crew mate who could drive and was given a hard time when I had to take time off for a family emergency. New staff in and out every day. £1500 minimum waiver fine if you damage truck whilst driving - even if not your fault. Unprofessional managers who harass staff. Complete bullies.

Supportive Management

Management Team are very supportive Paid every month with no issues Good vehicles and equipment Scheduling team will find you a shift if you would like an extra one

Pros

Good vehicles and equipment

Hostile Management

I can not warn you enough to avoid this employer I was employed as a ACA sent out with a brand new crew mate baring in mind I was new too. We were given very basic first aid and told to call 999 if something went wrong (it did) got a disciplinary for calling 999 as looks bad on the company. Disciplinary practice was shocking wasn’t given warning at all wasn’t allowed a witness couldn’t call union rep or nothing. Management will always look to blame you is something goes wrong. Not even to mention the £2000 waiver if you damage a vehicle or someone hits YOU. Would avoid like the plague and go for another private provider or back to trust. Will tell you you’ve earned certain course and not give you the certificate to prove it. Not to mention your start time is what time you start in your area so if you start at 07:00 you’ve got to get to bad and then drive to area if your an ACA so 2 hours unpaid each way!!! ridiculous

Pros

Cons

Management, £2000 excess waiver, job security and the list is endless

Only thing that I don’t like is that if you want to progress further you have to pay for your own training even though they do all the training from there training centre and it’s not cheap need at least £6000

Pros

Great management and well organised

Cons

Have to pay for your own training In order to progress

Strong and stable

Elite ems are a great company to work for reasonable rates of pay and good trucks quality up to date equipment. Over all good management every company has some issues but over all elite was a lovely place to work as they grew. At first was much more personal but as they grew with other depo’s for me management has become stretched or a certain manager became complacent and lazy and personnel have become just a number and a bum on a seat but as I say over all a very good company one that I’m sad to say I’ve had to leave but my time with elite will never be forgotten and will be considered a good employment.

Pros

Many

Cons

Not as many

Terrible company

One of the worst run companies I have worked for. Shocking management, break the law left right and centre. Nothing more to say. Luck to you if you choose to work there

Pros

Not a great company to work in

Lack of communication between ground staff and management. Not enough shifts for all staff. Not adhering to the working time directive. Morale is at rock bottom.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Elite EMS?

Terrible

Constant late wages. Arguments over hours worked. Terrible management that prevents the simplest of requests. Overtime can not be paid. Promotions are given to friends and family rather than trained staff

Management bullies

Management are bullies from start to finish. They should never be employed, criminal record for fraud and also several worked for most trusts before and sacked for bullying. Yet their lies are believed. Never had pay slip from them and worked months and pay was sometimes delayed. Treat staff appalling , may have all new vehicle s but if got no staff then what's the point

Pros

Cons

List too big

Worst place ever

Every month there’s issues with wages, management from junior to senior bunch of kids with a bullying and harassment mentality. No welfare support or care, trust will support you more than company management. When they find someone who have no scare of them they will find a way to kick you out even knowing you’re bank staff/sell employed they try to impose company policies to which they don’t follow as company, they don’t follow any employment laws creating their own policies at their demand and convenient only to them.

Pros

Workforce that goes out everyday amazing guys and girls ( not management force tho )

Cons

Everything you can think of about a bullying company

Less than National Minimum Wage ?

This company instructs some staff to be at work for an hour before your “paid time” starts. This means that when you take into account the hours you work and the pay you get your wage falls below the national minimum wage. Either that or you have worked an hour with no pay. Overall the management of staff was poor.

Pros

None in my opinion

Cons

Poor pay and management in my opinion

Poor environment

Management poor and not approachable. Always blame staff even when not at fault. Try to make you pay £2000 excess for accidents even when they haven’t claimed from insurance. Don’t pay on time. Question timesheets and refuse to pay but don’t tell you about any problems even if it was 5 minutes difference. Management don’t abide by employment laws when attempting to discipline staff.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, poor working conditions, bullying culture

Decent pay but rubbish management

Just like any other company , they’re only interested in giving staff a hard time when things don’t go there way. Fine you a min of £2000 for damage to vehicles no matter how big. They bend the rules about the number of hours you can work. Only a 30 min break for 12hr shift, no tea breaks. Managers send round robin emails to slag all the staff off but never come out from behind the desks to tell staff face to face. Only get involved to blame someone. Vehicles always have faults which never get repaired properly despite numerous reporting efforts on vdi sheets. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Pros

None really

Cons

Long hours, poor & non existent management

Good company

The manager is friendly and approachable. He is always keen to provide a friendly atmosphere within the company and amongst staff. Companies also provides up to date training where nesscary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elite EMS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement