Elite Hotels

Elite Hotels Employee Reviews

United Kingdom105 reviews

dinnerfreelunchstaffshiftfoodlongteam

Nice people

Understaffed when I worked there. Everyone was very nice but the pay is low and very outdated systems lots of the management had worked there for 20+ years and wanted to do everything the old way.

Aprendes mucho

Aprendes inglés, pero mucha exigencia y muchas horas de trabajo

Insights into Elite Hotels

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Poor salary - very tiring

Beautiful place to work but management has to change and provide better salaries as you get really tired after each shift. Always something is missing because all departments share the same equipment even if the events from all departments are the same time. Very stressful for people who work. Lazy people always disappeared.

Pros

Free food on shift, flexible hours

Cons

Pay rate and management

Terrible place to work

Employees have no worth whatsoever. Staff come and go every week. There are far too many managers and they have a terrible reward Scheme that is worthless. The staff meals are terrible and gave me food poisoning 3 times.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, bad food, bad management.

Too understaffed

Extremely understaffed most of the time which was really stressful. Sometimes you’d be left on your own serving a whole room of guests. Had virtually no training. Most of the staff was friendly. Although managers would disappear for hours sometimes leaving all us untrained staff to manage the whole dining rooms by ourselves. Probably better to work here if you already have hospitality or waitressing experience. Sometimes you didn’t get a break, if you missed it that was that. Or they’d make you go on break at the start of your shift or the end which was basically pointless. Wasn’t that bad but I couldn’t stay here any longer.

Pros

Most of the staff was friendly, flexible working hours and days, nice scenery, free meals

Cons

Understaffed, barley any training, stressful, minimum wage, no breaks sometimes, want you to work lots of hours

Great job fun and all that . Wanna work there again tbh. Fun fun and fun. Best place ever. Couldn’t ask for more. Wish I could keep working there forever. Come on you know.

Pros

Free lunches

Not good

It's not a good company to work for at all wages was rubbish management was rubbish they don't listen to you only others that keep management inform secretly it's bad neaver any staff or they do want they want and just back stabb each other especially if they want your job staff will say and do anything to get you sacked not a good place to work for

Pros

Rubbish

Cons

Don't respect you

Awful

You will recieve minimal training and be expected to just 'do your job'. Management on the whole is awful and they dont care about their staff. I never usually leave reviews for anything but please if you can avoid it do not work here! If you ask questions you will normally be moaned at by other staff. The one bonus is that most of the general staff and very nice and you do make frienda easily.

Pros

Free lunch, general staff are mostly friendly

Cons

Everything else

Good but don’t stay longterm

Management is terrible and disrespectful. Staff are treated very poorly. Language used is highly disrespect and no help is given when needed. You basically have to learn what to do by yourself as the managers think it’s not their job to teach you. Breaks are given only when the managers feel like it, some shifts you’ll go without a rest. Work ethic is disgusting, hours are just appalling and too much for a human. No support given what so ever.

Pros

Pay

Poorly run, No structure, No training

My job role was meant to be a runner, but I was given 5/6 different roles on my first day and had a huge amount of pressure on me without even being trained!!I was expected to know everything and when I made a mistake of some sort I was told, "that looked unprofessional" and when asking for help I was once told to "be quiet" by a manager. The pay is minimum wage and for the amount of work and stress that you will take on, I think minimum wage is no where near enough. I know that some of the management are even changing jobs because it is so poorly run.Even my colleagues were unkind and unhelpful, not including some of course, however, there are many members of staff who made me want to leave even more.

Pros

free lunches and flexible hours

Cons

long hours, lack of structure, poor management, unhelpful colleagues, clueless staff, lazy staff dumping things on the new members

3 lost years

Bad employer in UK‘s most horrible city Luton.They would only pay minimum wage. Very high staff turnover. People don’t want to stay very well as working atmosphere is poor. Only local employees stay longer.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

All the rest

A business set to fail

What started as a fun, busy and enjoyable job turned into a hard slog for less pay, whilst working for a handful of managers who have no idea what they're doing.Granted - Covid threw an enormous spanner in the works, and hospitality took a massive hit as a result, but for Elite Hotels to make a bunch of workers redundant immediately - instead of furloughing staff at zero cost to the business - meant that the reopening of the hotel (after 2020's first lockdown) left the business incredibly short-staffed, and left customers frustrated at the lack of service.Employees had to do double the work, for reduced wages, during a heat wave, with most having their hours cut too - therefore a greater workload had to be fitted into a shorter time period.As a result many exhausted workers handed in their notices, leaving the business even more understaffed than ever before.A total shambles of management. Colleagues were distraught, depressed and shattered from July 2020 to the present day.Whilst some managers are excellent people, who genuinely care for their staff, some others are lazy, have no obvious skills, and are incapable of caring about the people the business relies on.Needless to say - staff morale is at rock bottom.When covid is no longer an issue it will take an absolute miracle to save the Elite Hotels franchise, and they only have themselves to blame for this situation.

Pros

Very few

Cons

Abysmal management, poor pay, low staff numbers

Stressful and Illogical work.

If you want to work at Tylney, I recommend getting a good pair of shoes because you're never going to stop running everywhere close to tears over the pressure.

Pros

Free meal per 8 hour shift.

Cons

Complicated and Illogical instructions, very disorganised and lack of communication between coworkers.

Avoid working here if you can !

beautiful estate and surroundings but the poor management ls a what let’s this place down. They show very little appreciation for their staff and when you do have a problem that needs to be dealt with it’s brushed under the carpet and forgotten about. There is so much favouritism going on at this place, it’s one rule for you and different for someone else. The lack of tools and equipment makes it even harder to do your job. If you value your mental health and well-being I would avoid this place.

Pros

Beautiful estate

Cons

poor management and low wages

Very slow paced

Very slow paced work environment. I was bullied by one of the other staff members which was very upsetting for me to have to go to work knowing I’d come home upset everyday. Apart from that one person, everyone was really nice and welcoming, I just had a bad experience

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Bad pay

Not amazing

This hotel is shocking the staff in the kitchen staff are avid drug users and they don't understand hygiene! the maintenance manager was amazing and the team however the rest of the hotel had it in for them as they seem to think maintenance wages where amazing but let me tell you there not,the hotel manager is driving the place into the ground, they do not value there staff full stop

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Working there

Not what it was advertised as

When I started there seemed to be a lot of conflict between all of the teams and no one took responsibility for anything. The job itself was advertised as something quite different and there wasn't a lot of support to get things right, it seemed as though management were always waiting to catch you out. They seemed very behind the times and work life balance was jaded by having to be earned rather than a given

Pros

Meals onsite

Cons

Staff upset and difficulties

Nice staff long hours

Well organised shifts but long hours and pay was poor. It made me a more confident person and enjoyed interacting with members of the public. I loved helping at weddings

Pros

free dinner

Cons

Excelente experiencia y personal muy agradable

Valoración positiva en general. Buen ambuente de trabajo pero muchas veces estresante. Hacia muchas veces turnos seguidis, sin apenas descanso. Muy buenas,amistades con mis clmpañeros.

Like a Family

Whatever the department you are in you are one big supportive family.There are some opportunities for advancement and training courses. Good for work experience too.

Just Don't

just dont even take a job here. - rude management - dont care about your well being - a lot of bitterness - poor and unhygienic work environment if you must work here dont take on a full time role - stay as a casual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elite Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Elite Hotels with

Learn about Elite Hotels in popular locations

• Elite Hotels
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?