Eljays44

Working at Eljays44: 7 Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews

Okay job

The job itself was fine, so was the interview but the office working environment can be uncomfortable. They pick and choose which staff members they value based on who’s their friends.

Unorganised, Manger wasn’t nice. People were.

The company environment is lovely. The people I met also were some amazing people, but if the manager doesn’t like you don’t be surprised if you only last a week, the people working there our either there for 3 years or 3 months. In my short time there I saw people coming and going on a weekly basis. They will work you hard and give you no advice or help on how your doing. They will watch from afar and criticise instead of help, they are so unorganised it’s not surprising.The interview took a month and I was there 3 times for 5 minutes long at most.To sum up my experience. It was a heartbreaking experience to have everything painted to be a dream and for them to just give up on you like your not capable .

Pros

•The people •The area •The work style

Cons

•Manager •work load • Stress • Zero job security

Insights into Eljays44

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Okay, if management like you

An okay place to work for, if the management like you that is. The culture at the job is very cliquey, and if you don’t fit in with that you will know it. The staff members themselves individually are okay to talk to, but it felt like being in school, and it created a hostile environment. The management make promises they can’t keep, and job security is basically nonexistent. You can be told you’ll be moved to another department and then fired within a week. The only benefit was the 1.30 finishes on a Friday. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone who doesn’t like being managed out and doesn’t like a workplace that describes themselves as a “family”.

Pros

1.30 finishes

Cons

Cliquey culture, toxic management

A really great place to work

Eljays44 is a great place to work, the whole team get along really well and you feel a part of the team from the get go. There is always a good buzz in the office and lots going on. The products we produce are top quality and a pleasure to be part of. Finishing at 1.30 on a Friday is a great bonus!

Pros

1.30 finish on a Friday, bonus structure

Cons

Parking

Terrible

Where to start... If you ain't part of the clique then you know about it - managers care about nobody other than themselves, directors never accessible, I've never had one request listened to in quarterly reviews, favouritism from ALL higher staff members, directors bring screaming kids into the office. they make a company U-turn and sack a few people every few months once they've used you for whatthey need. Cannot wait to stop working here and find a role that doesn't send me home depressed every day. Worst structure in any role I've ever experienced. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!

relaxed, fun and decent benefits

The office is a fun and relaxed environment and we all get on well. There are team lunches once a month which is nice and we get updates on the business in that as well. It's a 35 hour week and we all finish early on Fridays which is a nice perk too.

A fun, progressive and rewarding place to work

Eljays44 is a fun place to work, most of the team are split across two offices which means communication is good and everyone can interact with each other easily. It can get noisy at times but this is to be expected with a shared office. Given the size of the business you may be asked to help out in different areas and take on different duties to help colleagues out. On the flip side of this you have the opportunity to learn more and progress quickly, the only thing which could be seen as a negative is that due to the size of the business there are some restrictions on routes to progress but the company supports development with all employees. Staff are also given the chance to attend different events over the year.

Pros

35 hour working week, work-life balance, bonus opportunities, full transparency and feedback on company progress, free lunch every month and various company activities.

Cons

No designated parking spaces

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eljays44. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement