ELLIOTT

Working at ELLIOTT: 18 Reviews

relaxed but professional

Most days I staff the downtown location by myself. I answer the phone and wait on customers that come in. I do light maintenance, sort mail and take payments as necessary. I assist at services at my location on days that I work.

Pros

quite atmosphere

Insane overtime

Worked a minimum of 54 hour weeks every week for my entire year there. Hound you like a dog for doing anything outside of break. A lot of micromanagement and very strict on uniform and punctuality. A lot of write ups for very small things. Getting blamed for things that other people messed up.

Pros

Holiday Bonuses though not very large amounts

Cons

Expensive Insurance, short breaks, micromanagement

No Room for growth

Anyone that wants to grow, whether they have previous experience or not, won't be given the chance, unless someone dies, or quits. Turnover is incredibly high.

Pros

Good entry point for a college student

Cons

Be more open to different technologies. Microsoft is not a God

Large mom and pop organization

A good company with good people and good intentions. However, the company can be cumbersome to navigate as its different departments do not necessarily work well together. As Elliott is tied to the oil and gas market, expect severe business cycles of booming work and then no work. While Elliott does its best to retain people, it cannot fight the lack of work forever.

Pros

Laid back atmosphere

Cons

Cliquey, poor training

Unfocused

While pay, benefits, atmosphere is good, leadership direction and goals are unfocused. There is no leadership team, so no common goals for the employees to strive for. A small company that will stay small, not necessarily for the better.

Pros

Generous compensation

Cons

Little leadership, no core goals, departments silos of information.

Great Company to work for.

Great Job. Every day presented you with something new. Never stopped learning. Great Management. Great co-workers. Keeping up with new changes in the industry. People you work with and the new people (Clients) you met.

Pros

Treated as a member of a big family

Cons

Don't have any

Always Good to Excellent

For 44 Years I had steady and meaningful employment. I was very happy working there and my efforts were well recognized.

All Jobs

Very fast environment! All of work on the computer. I get along great with my co-workers. you have to cause they are your second family. There is no hard part of the job, it is pretty start forward. The most I enjoy about the job is the co-workers & how we get along as a team.

Pros

Geting the work done

Cons

Negative in the work enviroment

Challenging and rewarding employment

Enjoyed my career, above average salary and benefits, very rewarding work assembling and testing turbines and compressors for the petrochemical industry. Very diverse workforce with a worldwide company in the manufacture and service of rotating equipment

Love it, best job ever, should start working there sooner, the benefits are great holidays, this is a Union position, learning more everyday, plenty of room for advancement,retirement pension, a lot of little perks here and there.

Pros

Treat employees well

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ELLIOTT?

Great people, family oriented small company

Typical day would be either quoting a new job, initial assessment of a new in house job, or following a job through the process and giving status updates. I learned a lot about building materials and turbine technology. I also got to work closely with the sales side of the job, by quoting the total cost of the job and making sure our profit margins were met for every job, lost of planning and record keeping. Management would let you run with your jobs, and only intervened when needed. The most enjoyable part was seeing a job from cradle to grave go through the shop.

Pros

family oriented work place

Caring for three girls

Responsible for the care and coordination of three young girls ages 5, 7 and 10. I learned how to coordinate all the girls activities and how to share my time evenly between the three girls. The hardest part of the job was disciplining the children. The most enjoyable part of the job was playing games and spending time with the children.

Pros

Free gas

Cons

No breaks

Productive and fun work place

Customer Service, Pre-Need and At-Need sales, family follow up. Loved working with the families and helping them during the most difficult time in their life. Making a difference.

Great people, great company

The people are great. The workload is heavy but a great fast-paced environment. No flexibility for working from home. Benefits are pretty good though.

Great people

Great people. Everyone was fun to work with. We have a great time and make work fun. I learned quite a bit about different processes such as payroll, reporting, budgeting, etc. After a while the job became a little stale. Almost every week was the same as the week before.

Pros

people

Great People to work for small company very personal

Great place to work fun people and family envoirment. Able to advance and learn new things Great family core Values

CPA firms

Great group to work for. Professional atmosphere. Administered benefits, Flexible spending, orientations, interviewing file maintenance compliance reporting.

A hundred year old company

very old culture in the engineering products of the compamy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ELLIOTT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • ELLIOTT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?