Elysium Healthcare

Elysium Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom361 reviews

Spring Wood Lodge

Featured review

Elysium Healthcare selected this as a representative review
Fantastic place to work. Collaborative environment. Faced paced and demanding but rewarding. Management are fantastic, expect the highest standards of work, but are always available to encourage and offer support. Many reward schemes/iniatives and wellbeing programmes ongoing.

Pros

On shift food, good induction, monthly raffles, service and training rewards, wellbeing programmes with confidential support and carelines, promotional opportunities, lots of employee benefits, good holiday allowance

Cons

Supportive environment for bank staff

I have worked bank shifts at Elysium for just over 2 years. In that time I have found the staff to be supportive and have enjoyed the experience.Having had no healthcare background I found the initial training to be informative and true to the role that I have been placed in.There are opportunities for enhancement should people wish to try for it.

Pros

Supportive culture from peers

After working here at Wellesley for over 4 years and having progressed within the company. I have seen many things change. When I first came in it was a brand new hospital with lots of things to learn, but now it is really starting to take shape. There is always room for improvement within any service but here at Wellesley it is a good team that work collaboratively together to support the service users to the best of their ability. So if you are considering working here then why not apply and see for yourself whether it is right for you :)

A job with a purpose

Working for Elysium is an incredible, fast-paced job that never lets you get bored. The communication with managers here at the company has been supportive and enjoyable from day one as I found myself learning more about my role every single workday while also being given opportunities to grow into someone even better than before. The best part of our job is knowing that what we do every day can improve the lives and well-being for other people in need.

Great work place

Great place to work even though it is stressful, everyday is something new. No problems only that breaks are really long and get boring sat there

Management don’t care about you, because you are just a number to them if you’re not permanent staff.

Good place to work if you want to get into the nursing and have a lot of compassion. However hours are very long, which means can very draining both emotionally and physically.

Pros

Good work experience

Cons

Long hours, lack of care from management

Ok if you cant get anything better

Ok if you cant get anything better, the staff you work with on daily basis support you thats if your face fits and if not you have no chance. Long days. they dont ask you to do something they tell and if you answer back they soon get rid

Nothing was good

Wouldn't recommend. Toxic. Avoid at all costs. Management put you in dangouse environments. Because they can. Its easy for them to do so because all nice and snug in an office. When your not getting beat up. I've had more help off stranger in the street.

Management try their best

Management try their best with you but higher up they bring service users which are not suited for the particular service. You have to deal with it. Free meals each day and on site parking but apart from that nothing much going on

Inconsistencies.

Permanently short staffed, puts pressure on staff. Staff allowed to get away with lateness and consistent absence.

Pros

Supportive colleagues

Cons

Inconsistent

I really enjoyed my job at Elysium as a mental health support worker and the ward teams were great and supportive of one another during shifts which sometimes could be stressful.

Fast paced and worth while

Even though at times this job can be challenging and there is a culture of Upstairs (management) and downstairs (care staff) the staff the company has are very supportive to one and another and we always strive to do the best we can. Stressful at times because a lot can happen during shifts, free meals x 2 times a day and the training is good but it doesn't cover everything.

Pros

Free Lunches FLEXIBILITY Training

Cons

Lots of agency staff Not enough staff on shifts

Good place to work with good staff

Good place to work with good staff that are committed and friendly. Lots of benefits for staff and the company’s ethos is on retention which shows with the monthly prize draws and incentives being received regularly.

Stressful

I wouldn’t recommend working for this company. Always short staffed and no help from management. The only benefit is the shift patternsNot the best pay and no night enhancements

Elysium Eastbourne

I can honestly say I love my time at Ranworth. The team are amazing and go out of their way to support those who live in the home. The clients are happy and it is a lovely environment to work in. The management team and seniors are really supportive and have gone above and beyond especially through the pandemic to ensure that clients and staff are safe and feel supported in our roles. There are regular draws through the company and you can win anything from a £20 gift card to holiday gift cards. Which also helps the team feel valued along with the support from those you work with.

Pros

Free meals, supportive team, friendly and welcoming

Horrible place to work

Bad management and bad experience Staff shortages Management does not spend on staffing Bullying and victimising culture by management I would not recommend anyone to work there

Staff teams are great ...but a stressful environment

Initially I loved working here. It can be rewarding work supporting people with a long term and enduring mental illness. Building good relationships is key. The ward can be very busy and also challenging. The best thing about the hospital were the staff teams, and the patients. There are many good people who work here, and it could be a good laugh too! But, it is very stressful and got alot more so with Covid. The pay isn't great at all, but the holiday entitlement was very generous. If you can be a calm and organised worker, you will be okay.I just got burnt out in the end and left because of that and my own issues. The ward managers were all pretty approachable and supportive......upper management less so in my opinion. Care work is hard work, always!I learnt alot and am grateful for the experience it gave me, and some of the wonderful people I met. To some extent they became "family".

Pros

People, holidays, training free meals

Cons

Long hours and challenging work

Worst decision of my life

Working at Wellesley hospital was the worst decision I ever made in my entire life, staff are so overworked they burn out. When you speak openly about your mental health and your struggles management tell you to not say anything and it’s best to keep that quiet considering it’s a mental health hospital. Staff are expected to work on minimal numbers so it’s unsafe, when you get assaulted the blame is placed on you as an individual. Progression and promotions given to whoever’s face fits and not those who deserve the recognition. I would avoid at all costs, the pay is not worth your mental health

Pinhoe view

I would not recommend at all! The management was terrible . Looked after their own- any complaint against long time staff would come back to bite you. I felt spoken down, spoken to like a patient even though I was a staff member and addressed with 0 regard for my feelings or voice.Overworked staff on the wards, lots of burnout un-heard employees. One of the worst places I have ever worked.

Awful

Poorly managedJust a really negative environment Wouldn’t recommend unless you want to spend your whole day mothering 14 year olds with autismAlso not great pay

Awful

Awful company to work for wouldnt recommend nothing happens here apart from patients sleeping all day the managers are corrupt. Stay away at all costs

Pros

Cons

Too many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elysium Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Elysium Healthcare with

• Elysium Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?