Elysium Healthcare
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Elysium Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Elysium Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I have worked here for nearly 5 months and I absolutely love working here. Staff are fab - nurses are fab - everyone gets stuck in and it's a real team effort .The only real issue here is the wage - it's just not enough for what we actually have to do on a day to day basis - the company gives us treats on some occasions, but I really think the wages could be better.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Rubbish pay
I have received a good induction and continued support. All my staff clearly care about their service users and there is a positive culture where staff will raise concerns and know that things are dealt with.
Pros
positive culture
Cons
Shift work
My usually starts with being greeted by the clients, who are always pleased to see you, followed by activities that keep you busy all day.The house is home from home and all the staff team get on well with each other.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
not found one yet
I have worked for Elysium since 2017. They took over our previous company which I had been apart of since 2012. Comparing both companies Elysium by far provide staff with a lot more benefits and perks. The main one is the amount of annual leave staff receive when starting with Elysium and continue to receive with time of service. Elysium have provided me opportunities to further my career as well. We have a good work team and have a lot of fun along with supporting our clients to a high standard. Every day is different and although can be challenging at times I know there is always staff available to help support me and others when needed. It can be tough at times but that is to be expected when different scenarios like COVID arise which are out of peoples control. However the way it has been dealt with Elysium have put their staff first and has kept them as safe as possible in my opinion, they have also kept us well informed of different changes to practices that needed implementing straight away. One thing that has stood out for me is how eager Elysium are to retain staff by the way of listening to staff and actioning what is being said along with supporting our clients. For example when we went into lockdown Elysium quickly took action and purchased pods for the gardens of care homes so families can still visit when government guidelines aloud this also kept clients safe in the home.
Pros
Elysium listen to staff, Pay is good for the industry, lots of benefits including several weeks annual leave, Continual professional development, Staff support
Cons
Can be challenging mentally
I've really enjoyed working for Elysium - great training opportunities along with a wellbeing team who go the extra mile for staff.Really understanding and focused management team.
Pros
free lunches, wellbeing team, good MDT.
Really feel that the patients are at the centre of the company values staff are looked after too and there are lots of opportunities for development and a creative approach to learning
Pros
team good. supportive culture
Cons
pace is fast - i like this but it doesnt suit everyone
Many inconsistencies. Too many favouritism. Many lazy People and no accountability. Lack of consistency. Lack of facilities for staff. Not good salary for the high responsibility. Lack of proper practical learning.
Pros
Possibility of Over time.
Cons
Long hours . Poor salary. Not a.great job culture
No support from higher management, higher Management have favorites and sod the rest , salary is not sufficient especially for a loan person, staff there are mostly nice but to affaird to speak there minds and feel drained and underappreciated, very stressful and is not organized place to work . Constant agency staff that are different ones every day , some don't no what they are doing lack of brain injuries and training, understaffing. Dont waste your time in putting effort and hard work into a company that doesn't appreciate you . SNM
Pros
Food
Cons
Everything else
Pros
Food
Cons
Everything else
Regret having to work in this organisation. As some people there play God on the staff .Wages not paid and despite complaining continuously, it seems to be of no importance
Pros
Not for night staff
Cons
Most of the time no breaks
Passionate and skilled staff burned out within months by hostile blame culture, total denial of obvious staffing and acuity issues, little regard for staff welfare and unapproachable, unsupportive management. If you value your mental and physical health, avoid this place.
Pros
Good nurses trying their best
Cons
Culture, management, unpaid overtime, missed breaks, hostile non clinical staff, no support
I worked both as a bank HCA and as permanent employee. Bank was perfect for flexibility and even as a permanent my manager was brilliant and allowed me to fix my own shifts when possible. Just for this I would rate the job a 10/10. Work life balance is great. If you want more money, just pick up more shifts. The work itself is what you make of it. It’s hard graft. You do have to sometimes look after patient’s physical needs. It depends on the ward you work on. Be prepared that as well as learning a lot about mental health you’ll also learn a bunch about taking care of people and diffusing situations. You’ll also sit around a lot waiting for patients to wake up while taking notes. It’s not all hard graft.If you have any interest in a psychology career, I found working here invaluable. Especially working on the PICU, you learn so much.It was hard work. There were stressful days. You have to look after yourself. I’ve been scratched, had my hair pulled, seen people spat at and punched. It can be emotionally upsetting. In my experience there has always been help round the corner. It happens, so it’s important to keep on top of what you learn, check your alarms and be respectful and mindful of people you work with because patients can lash out. I mean so might you if you are scared or frustrated. I enjoyed my time here. You work with some really amazing people. Some people on the teams I worked with were truly caring. It was an honour to work with them and deeply satisfying to go home at the end of the day. Most satisfying was working in the PICU and seeing patients get better - more...
Pros
Flexible working, Brilliant work life balance, Free training, Free lunch if you have time to eat it, Great people, Don’t take work home with you, lots to learn, Valuable experience
Cons
Night shifts, Can be on your feet for 12.5 hours, Stressful days when not enough staff, Can get hurt, emotionally demanding
Not a nice place to work management are not serious and don’t listen to staff complain or suggestions and will cancel staff shift and give it to agencies if the staff complained about poor working practice
Pros
Non
Cons
Staff most often don’t have break and are not paid
Understaffed majority of time and can be a very dangerous environment. Absolutely no job satisfaction. Management couldn’t care less about staff on the floor. All the good staff that should have been recognised for there super work and support they gave have left one by one, so mainly filed with agency who don’t know what they’re doing half the time. No progression unless your face fits and get critizised for having an opinion. Soul destroying and in my opinion avoid! ! By far the worst company I have ever worked for
Pros
Any job is what you make of it, this company has an open door to all staff and if you want to succeed and work hard you can, Good management structure where senior management actually do care about all staff.
Pros
Inclusive and supportive attitude from CEO down
Cons
Staff with poor attitudes can fly under the radar
A real shame for the service users and the hardworking staff but management are ridiculous. The staff turnover is unreal yet they still don’t leave that office !
Pros
Food - cook is a lovely woman
Cons
Management and rota
Horrible company to work for, expect you to be assaulted at work, couldn’t care less about their patients or staff, just getting the contracts In to make more money.
I began working as a bank recovery worker last year, and from signing my contract onwards, Elysium made everything incredibly easy.Shadow shifts were just that, rather than being thrown in with service users like at other companies.You still learn on your feet, but have backing from more experienced staff the whole time.
Pros
I have been with Elysium for nearly two years. There is a great culture within the company & at the hospital I work with employees at the fore front. From my experience, they really care about and look after their Staff and Service Users especially during the last year. There is a strong emphasis on L&D and Wellbeing, with regular wellbeing initiatives. CPD and career progression is encouraged. Free meals on duty are a bonus. Lots of benefits including birthday leave. Would definitely recommend!
Pros
Cpd, Wellbeing
Cons
Sad that there loosing so many great staff, but the company is toxic, staff treated unfairly and no progression unless your face fits! Dangerous environment and usually short staffed. Money deducted for breaks whether you take them or not. And can’t usually be facilitated, especially during the night shifts. Most of the support staff are great to work with, others think there above anyone else and talk down to other staff and make new staff feel unwelcome, company needs a shake up
Pros
Cons
No job satisfaction, long hours
Management has took a turn for the worse.The site is always recruiting staff because no one wants to stay in a gossipy, unwelcoming environment!Everyone nice has been forced to leave so I will be looking to leave also.The patients are lovely but some managers are under qualified and rude making it hard to enjoy the job. I would not recommend badby park to future employees unless you want to be in a career with no progression, staff gossiping about each other and the managers or the lack of care for other employees especially during covid.
Pros
Free lunch (although it’s the same everyday)
Cons
Too many to name
  1. Employee reviews