Elysium Healthcare

Elysium Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Elysium Healthcare selected this as a representative review
I have worked here for nearly 5 months and I absolutely love working here. Staff are fab - nurses are fab - everyone gets stuck in and it's a real team effort .The only real issue here is the wage - it's just not enough for what we actually have to do on a day to day basis - the company gives us treats on some occasions, but I really think the wages could be better.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Rubbish pay
I've worked for elysium for a long time and I can say I love my job. The team is really caring. You never know how the day will be and at times it can be challenging but rewarding. The manager & regional lead are approachable and help us when we need it. Some staff let the team down with their sickness and don't think about how it affects the people we look after.
Pros
Free lunches. Pay
Cons
Every day is different. There is good development opportunities and a great catalogue of training. The job at times can be challenging because of the people we look after, but all the staff are really caring and do their best to give these individuals a real quality of life. The manager and regional lead are helpful & supportive and have personally always supported me. Morale at times can get low, but this is common in the care and covid hasn't helped as people feel exhausted.
Pros
Free meals & great company benefits
Cons
All roles within my service can be challenging, difficult and at times stressful, but knowing the difference it makes in people's lives makes it all worthwhile.The team are friendly and welcoming since I started, and all the management team are supportive, present and visible. All the residents know who the manager is, as she is always helping out on the unit, and has helped me a lot since I started the job!Plus every other weekend off and loads of staff benefits including discounts on shopping websites!!
Pros
Free parking on site and meals. Staff benefits website
Cons
Very stressful place to work. No structure at all. You will come out of the two weeks training, and feel life you learned a lot, only to find out everything in the ward works different than what you learned. You wont know what you supposed to do in certain situations, or how to act, how to support patients properly. You will face stressful and traumatising incidences which you will have no support after, and you will carry on with the day as there is nothing you can do, and usually low number of staff or people avoiding work and hiding in the kitchen or office. Management is horrible. To get something done will take ages. Some nurses are very nice and supportive. Few healthcare assistance are really supportive and do their best to support patients. But behind the doors you will hear gossip about patients or HCAs making fun of them which is not nice. You are very likely to face racism but shouldnt take that very personal. Some HCAs are very close with patients, crossing the professional boundaries. Also when you turn back from holiday leave, you probably wont be on the list and will be sent back to home (at 7:30 in the morning cause thats when the shift starts), even if you are full time HCA. Bank shift staff may be sent home early or at the beginning of their shift if there are enough staff, but obviously no pay for that couple hours that they spend coming to work. These examples reflects the lack of structure. Patients sometimes get stressed because of this organisational issue, such as if their leave is written wrong etc.
Pros
Free lunches, on-site parking, overtime
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no support, disorganised
Terrible mental health amongst the long term staff. Alot of the good staff team are leaving through stress. Concerns ignored by management and the regional lead. Staff turnover is very high and no-one above the regional lead is looking into why. Profit before people. dangerously short staffed is the new normal. Ive seen staff refuced to tears on many occasions. Belittled over genuine concerns and laughed at.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
To many to mention
I have already learned some BSL as All Saints are a bespoke and specialist Hospital for Deaf Adult MenFelt at home as soon as I started working here. Management are very friendly, patients are lovely. Nice working environment.
Pros
Free Parking and Free Lunches
Cons
N/a
Elysium takes a more relaxed approach than other healthcare provides. The focus is on the care of our patients but the people working in the services are appreciated, too.
Pros
Friendliness
Don't adhere to what they advertise, rubbish management poorly ran regional manager has no people skills and hardly speaks to staff when in at all 75 % of staff now have deterating mental health problems with no support service is not fully delivered and we are like a holding pen for people where no other placement can be found
Pros
Cons
Totally lying company
I am relatively new to my position here and everyone has made me feel very welcome. The pandemic has been a difficult time for many but the management team here are extremely supportive of both the people in our Services and all the staff too .I feel privileged to be part of the Elysium family and am looking forward to making a significant contribution to the future success.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
I have received a good induction and continued support. All my staff clearly care about their service users and there is a positive culture where staff will raise concerns and know that things are dealt with.
Pros
positive culture
Cons
Shift work
My usually starts with being greeted by the clients, who are always pleased to see you, followed by activities that keep you busy all day.The house is home from home and all the staff team get on well with each other.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
not found one yet
I have worked for Elysium since 2017. They took over our previous company which I had been apart of since 2012. Comparing both companies Elysium by far provide staff with a lot more benefits and perks. The main one is the amount of annual leave staff receive when starting with Elysium and continue to receive with time of service. Elysium have provided me opportunities to further my career as well. We have a good work team and have a lot of fun along with supporting our clients to a high standard. Every day is different and although can be challenging at times I know there is always staff available to help support me and others when needed. It can be tough at times but that is to be expected when different scenarios like COVID arise which are out of peoples control. However the way it has been dealt with Elysium have put their staff first and has kept them as safe as possible in my opinion, they have also kept us well informed of different changes to practices that needed implementing straight away. One thing that has stood out for me is how eager Elysium are to retain staff by the way of listening to staff and actioning what is being said along with supporting our clients. For example when we went into lockdown Elysium quickly took action and purchased pods for the gardens of care homes so families can still visit when government guidelines aloud this also kept clients safe in the home.
Pros
Elysium listen to staff, Pay is good for the industry, lots of benefits including several weeks annual leave, Continual professional development, Staff support
Cons
Can be challenging mentally
I've really enjoyed working for Elysium - great training opportunities along with a wellbeing team who go the extra mile for staff.Really understanding and focused management team.
Pros
free lunches, wellbeing team, good MDT.
Really feel that the patients are at the centre of the company values staff are looked after too and there are lots of opportunities for development and a creative approach to learning
Pros
team good. supportive culture
Cons
pace is fast - i like this but it doesnt suit everyone
Many inconsistencies. Too many favouritism. Many lazy People and no accountability. Lack of consistency. Lack of facilities for staff. Not good salary for the high responsibility. Lack of proper practical learning.
Pros
Possibility of Over time.
Cons
Long hours . Poor salary. Not a.great job culture
No support from higher management, higher Management have favorites and sod the rest , salary is not sufficient especially for a loan person, staff there are mostly nice but to affaird to speak there minds and feel drained and underappreciated, very stressful and is not organized place to work . Constant agency staff that are different ones every day , some don't no what they are doing lack of brain injuries and training, understaffing. Dont waste your time in putting effort and hard work into a company that doesn't appreciate you . SNM
Pros
Food
Cons
Everything else
Pros
Food
Cons
Everything else
Regret having to work in this organisation. As some people there play God on the staff .Wages not paid and despite complaining continuously, it seems to be of no importance
Pros
Not for night staff
Cons
Most of the time no breaks
Passionate and skilled staff burned out within months by hostile blame culture, total denial of obvious staffing and acuity issues, little regard for staff welfare and unapproachable, unsupportive management. If you value your mental and physical health, avoid this place.
Pros
Good nurses trying their best
Cons
Culture, management, unpaid overtime, missed breaks, hostile non clinical staff, no support
I worked both as a bank HCA and as permanent employee. Bank was perfect for flexibility and even as a permanent my manager was brilliant and allowed me to fix my own shifts when possible. Just for this I would rate the job a 10/10. Work life balance is great. If you want more money, just pick up more shifts. The work itself is what you make of it. It’s hard graft. You do have to sometimes look after patient’s physical needs. It depends on the ward you work on. Be prepared that as well as learning a lot about mental health you’ll also learn a bunch about taking care of people and diffusing situations. You’ll also sit around a lot waiting for patients to wake up while taking notes. It’s not all hard graft.If you have any interest in a psychology career, I found working here invaluable. Especially working on the PICU, you learn so much.It was hard work. There were stressful days. You have to look after yourself. I’ve been scratched, had my hair pulled, seen people spat at and punched. It can be emotionally upsetting. In my experience there has always been help round the corner. It happens, so it’s important to keep on top of what you learn, check your alarms and be respectful and mindful of people you work with because patients can lash out. I mean so might you if you are scared or frustrated. I enjoyed my time here. You work with some really amazing people. Some people on the teams I worked with were truly caring. It was an honour to work with them and deeply satisfying to go home at the end of the day. Most satisfying was working in the PICU and seeing patients get better - more...
Pros
Flexible working, Brilliant work life balance, Free training, Free lunch if you have time to eat it, Great people, Don’t take work home with you, lots to learn, Valuable experience
Cons
Night shifts, Can be on your feet for 12.5 hours, Stressful days when not enough staff, Can get hurt, emotionally demanding
  1. Employee reviews