End Clothing

End Clothing Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews

staffhighbadmanagernicelongyearcare

Robotic work

The job is very robotic, same actions and processes over and over. The managers were really nice and people you could get along with. It's a good stepping stone to learn skills and get experience in the industry but that's about it. There were no signs of progression and you are just a number. The job could very well be remote based and it worked well during covid, however the company denied the retouch department any remote working, this would've at least made the poor salary somewhat worth while.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Long hours, pay doesn't match the work, could be remote work

20 October 2022
Many thanks for providing a response following your time with us at END. clothing. It's very positive to see you worked alongside some good colleagues and managers and that your role paved the way for progression, although disappointing this wasn't with ourselves. We are actively looking at how we can develop our existing people to provide opportunities within the business and this is an ongoing project. We continually review how our teams are able to work and recently implemented agile working for teams where they were able to fulfil their roles in a mixed environment with a focus on time at home as well as time in the office.

Good benefits, lots of stress

It’s not a social job by any definition, most of the employees within the warehouse are teenagers, who are very cliquey. The shifts are dull, they all feel the same, but realistically that’s what you sign up for, working in a warehouse.

22 July 2022
Thanks very much for providing your review following your time with us at END. Our recent focus has very much been around identifying varying shifts that will fit in with personal circumstances and make the role more appealing to a diverse candidate/employee selection. Employee voice is really important and the feedback provided around the shifts will support and inform future considerations to improve engagement and morale.

Insights into End Clothing

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Horrible place save yourself from working there

Worst place to ever work. If your looking for a job that pays well then it’s the wrong place for that. Left due to management they don’t care about your mental health and apparently you don’t follow protocol when you followed every single bit of it. Don’t work there

26 May 2022
Many thanks for providing your review of END. Mental health and wellbeing of our people is taken very seriously at END. We continuously look for improved methods of support including Mental Health First Aiders and ongoing campaigns that both raise awareness and encourage our employees to come forward so we offer the relevant support. As part of our benefits review our salary levels have been increased within the last month and are due to rise again. We continue to look for improvements so any feedback is always welcome.

Think hard before jumping in

Great workforce absolute garbage patronising management most wouldn't get a job at a proper company, who praise each other when targets are reached but can't say thanks to the workers. No plan no communication no interest in welfare of staff, although they try to make u believe they do. Company getting bigger and bigger but going backwards in the way they treat staff, staff turnover 65% tells it all. If u want to come to work go home and get paid it's fine, if you care and have ideas and suggestions don't bother. Don't believe the benefits they offer unless you going for management jobs because it's all false advertising, 2 great managers have quit in 4 months a director is quitting, it says a lot tbh. The owners are nice guys but live in the past and I'm not sure they even know what is going on there. Min wage, don't be late don't be sick don't have ideas don't back chat when spoken to like a baby. Like to employ 16yr olds so don't have to pay big wages and still get work done.

26 May 2022
Thank you so much for leaving a review about your time spent at END. The insight we receive from reviews helps build and support future proposed changes so is really insightful. There have been some really positive recent changes in the past month which enhance the benefits offering including increased salary. Our workforce is made up of a range of people in varying age groups, none of which is driven by the rate of pay but simply from suitability to undertake the role required and this is managed through a robust recruitment process. If you have any further feedback you'd like to provide please email talent@ endclothing.com

A truly awful place.

I worked here in the studio as a Photographer for 3 years. The culture is negative, badly managed and a terrible HR team. If you’re friends with the ‘management’ you’ll do well. Vastly under qualified and under experienced people in high positions because they’re friends with the owners. They know who they are. This place really began to affect my mental health and they didn’t care, and it’s the same for a lot of people.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Poor management and directors

The worst job I have ever worked for

Unprofessional, unorganised, terrible morale, no concerns for mental health, just a few words for this place.Literally the worst job I have ever worked. No one has a clue, place is full of 16 year old chavas who think they own the place. Such a shady company they seriously need investigating.Easiest job in the world and people still can’t work correctly. If you don’t like working here or just have a bad day management will tell you to everyday “ if you don’t like it here you know where the door is”When the new goods in manager doesn’t even last a year shows you how bad it’s actually run.Just don’t bother you will lower your level working for this place. Few of the many cons:Only have Christmas Day offTerrible hours Terrible shift pattern No morale Low pay Management and team leaders are atrocious You are just a number

Pros

Cons

Everything and everyone

Fast production warehouse and stressful

Too stressful and too fast, managers are constantly watching while you work which puts pressure on you and makes you make mistakes that they do not like, they are super strict with the way that you do your tasks.

Pros

Around once a month free lunch, staff discount

Cons

Medium hours that drag

Depends on your point of view.

Working here taught me something about management and how managers should NOT treat a person. Out of all the managers there are two that are okay. The team leaders are useless they might aswell not be there, they don’t pitch in when it’s busy but will happily stand and talk about whatever they did on a weekend and waste time but as soon as you stop to chat they are on your back.Some people sit on their behind all day seemingly doing nothing and most of the shippers stand there chatting but as a picker you are expected to run around and pick all the sheets you can (they use pick sheets and you have to scan them in this takes a lot of time over the day, sometimes they will get someone lazy to sit and scan sheets)The targets are unrealistic and the places where you pick apparel is very messy and all the items are mixed so you could be digging around a box for 10 minutes looking for one item and half the time it won’t even be there.They do get food vans in but it’s always something that personally I don’t like so I can’t talk about that much. Others have said the foods always nice.The shifts are absolutely terrible. They used to be good we used to do 3 on 1 off then they changed it and this was the worst change they have ever madeThe people who work here are hit and miss some are absolute morons and some are really great. To be honest this place is only good if you are looking for something temporary.The longer you stay at end clothing the more you will see the cracks in how it operates

Pros

Overtime sometimes

Cons

Terrible shift patterns

Horrible place to be apart of

If you’re into working with no job security or a fan of coming into work only for them to say we have nothing to do today so just go home without pay then this is for you, the cobalt warehouse is Newcastle is an absolute joke to work at, stay away at all costs.

Terrible place to work

Very cliche environment with the unqualified management that have been gifted jobs for time they’ve served rather than being able to manage departments in a company with such fast growth. Any experienced staff they bring in never stay for long because of the companies resistance to embrace change and the cliche atmosphere pushing people out.. poor pay, playground mentality and zero compassion towards staff. You could drop down dead in the office and they’d ask why you aren’t working!

Pros

Zero

Cons

Long days, low pay, zero support and poorly tan

Not a great place to work,despite your expectations and the promises given.

I worked as a nightshift security guard at north shields and loved it, but i soon realised that the nightshift guards were basically second class citizens and treat with contempt and double standards.From day one, you could sense that you were an outsider and just not trusted and because of this, you werent given access to certain areas which meant you could not heat up a meal, or even wash a dish,i even had to borrow a door pass off the dayshift guard to enable me to do outside patrols, which is all we were allowed to do.Because i stood up for myself and brought things to the attention of my so called manager , i was singled out and failed my probation, despite working in the security industry for 27 years successfully with many qualifications.Initially they tried to take 45 minutes pay off you per shift for your meal break, but soon changed there mind when the security legislation was brought to light (if you cannot leave the workplace then you cannot be deducted)No premium payments for any public holidays and promised 28 days leave where actually you were lucky to get 20.Overtime was available, if your face fits or you were willing to fight for it, otherwise you had a battle on your hands trying to get any.Best thing about this job was the hourly rate, but it was just not worth the stress and hassle.I think if they actually appointed a security manager, who had security experience and could run the security team confidently then it might be a different story.

Pros

Good hourly rate

Cons

Poorly managed security team due to inexperience and lack of knowledge

Dispatch operative/stock processer

truly rotten place this is to work.There is absolutely no regard for the staff and their health, feelings and general well-being.The targets are unrealistic at times as there is simply not enough work but you will still be chased down and penalised for missing your target during these over staffed quiet times.Condescending managers who treat all staff like primary school children. You're just a number to this company.dont question anything or you will be classed as trouble maker and singled out.Management are constantly on you're back,they don't trust anyone and the workplace has a terrible morale.don't go to the toilet too much or for too long, discipline.dont be sick or face discipline. little has been done about their "Covid 19"safety enforcements, because there's none.they perch about it but when they need the job done it goes out the window.i would recommend you avoid the place at all costs.

Pros

Some decent people work Thier

Cons

Poor pay, poor management

Avoid at all costs.

Horrible place to work, you're treat with contempt and lack of respect daily,avoid at all costs.Management are constantly on you're back,they don't trust anyone and the workplace has a terrible morale.

Pros

I loved my time at End Clothing and thought they paid well especially for people under 21. They’re very flexible for part timers which is ideal for students and they’re very generous when it comes to holidays such as Christmas. It’s very fast paced during holidays however very repetitive which can be draining on long shifts.

Pros

Generous, Nice Managers

Cons

Repetitive, draining

Management of Bullies

You are and will be made to feel like a number.Management swear and shout at staff, don't know the job correctly just numbers and if you ask questions, you get talked down too as if you're an idiot. Higher ups are even worse, they care even less about the working staff. Especially Goods-in and Despatch departments, the two essential cogs in the workplace, you are treat the worst. VERY low pay for the work and VERY unsociable hours of work. Expect to be exhausted, and moody for the whole of your "free time" when not at work. Don't fill water bottle too much, can result in a discipline, don't go to the toilet too much or for too long, discipline. Don't stand up for yourself against bullies, discipline. The management and their "ideas" are some of the worst people I have ever come across and I'm very shocked how little has been done about their "Covid 19"safety enforcements, because there's none.

Pros

No Night Shifts (yet)

Cons

Honestly, everything.

Low staff morale

Having worked for the company for a number of years, the job satisfaction used to be a lot higher than it is now. The company itself has shown its true colours throughout the covid pandemic, through scrapping sick pay and remaining open with minimal safety measures throughout the entire pandemic. The people you work with are honestly what makes the job tolerable. Management is decent at best, the shift patrern is awful and you’re made to feel like nothing but a number to them. They care about hitting targets and making money and not a whole lot else.

Pros

Good team of co-workers and easy enough work

Cons

Awful shift pattern, very low staff morale, and zero job appreciation

Well run company

Needs a good tidy up, you get a picking list but not all goods are in the right place, you may have to go through 20 to 50 items in one locations to find the correct one you need, The people there are great and always eager to help you to find things when you are stuck, very busy warehouse but I got the buzz running about collecting orders, it's a big place, be prepared to walk a lot of miles a day.

Pros

Free coffee and good work mates

Cons

Waiting for picking lists to be printed off.

Canny place to work

Wasnt bad long shifts the staff were sound and if you needed help they were there to help you and happy to do so in both there factorys that they have in walking distance to one another

Avoid at all costs

The other reviews ring true. Some of the dispatchers/order pickers are OK, some are cliquey, some are complete snakes and some are complete snowflakes who will do anything to get you sacked. Some of the Management are are just some of the worst human beings that I've ever had the misfortune to have encountered in my life. I got finished 2 years ago and I'm still very bitter about it. I don't usually leave negative reviews but if I can save somebody having a traumatic experience I will.

Pros

You get paid/Some of the staff are OK.

Cons

Some of the staff are truly awful. Some of the Management are the worst people ever.

Disappointing but expected

Picking/ packing we log orders and can see how many we do daily on excel, being 18 at the time though it was infuriating being on my feet all day doing double the amount of work if others and being paid 3/4 of their hourly wage. Management can be rather disorganised however I’d say only a few of the managers were disrespectful which was honestly less than expected after hearing others experiences.There is practically no career progression unless you plan on moving to a different sector. In managements defence there was disrespectful staff members and one of them got an unnecessary amount of hate. I’d consider this bitchiness to be part of the culture there.Now the good stuff; I started in a large group last November and they were all great people and a few are still good friends of mine -big staff discount 🙌🏻Staff raffles 🙌🏻Could change your weekly hours ahead of time, I was part time and changed from two shifts to four for most of my time there.Over Christmas cool food trucks came to the warehouse and everyone got a free meal on behalf of end. Relaxed atmosphere

Pros

Discount and great colleagues

Cons

Work culture no progression

Don’t waste your time

I left this position a while ago now. Since leaving I have realised what a truly rotten place this is to work. There is absolutely no regard for the staff and their health, feelings and general well-being. This partly comes due to the fact that none of the mangers bar the team leaders are ever around. Of which there are like two for sixty people. And also that the higher management are so detached from the staff and job itself. Just sit looking at their laptops scrolling through emails hidden away somewhere.The day of lockdown the company retracted its company sick pay policy too according to a friend who is still employed.The pay is pitiful wether you’re a normal staff like I was or a manager. Pay in unequal across the business with some areas of the company receiving huge preferential treatment by the company itself. The targets are unrealistic at times as there is simply not enough work but you will still be chased down and penalised for missing your target during these over staffed quiet times. People will actually fight over work as they are ran by fear. No exaggeration. GOD FORBID you speak to anyone for more than 10 seconds and you’ll be chased for work avoidance etc unless you’re difficult and sleeping with a manager. The staff they have are on the whole great people although the female staff are very cliquey and some of the men are complete perverts. Probably the company’s best asset is its ground level staff that they just don’t care for. The management are the real issue. Set on massaging their own egos and finding the easy ones to discipline without actually -

Pros

Some of the staff

Cons

Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at End Clothing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement