End Clothing

End Clothing Employee Reviews

Waste of time & effort!

Bent over backwards for this company since joining!Worked with some amazing and intelligent people. Always tried to make tasks more efficient and save the company money. IT management is horrendous!!!They waste tens of thousands of pounds, left, right and center!They've no structure, treat employees like dirt and have no compassion. No wonder they're always open to constant Cyber attacks!This is a company that boasts a good work/life balance and company progression!When you debate something, they take that as you arguing with authority, when your initially trying to make things better!Personally very sly people and have no consideration for their staffs feelings. You think you're having a open conversation, yet they're writing everything down to use what they can against you. If you want to work for a company that underpays, doesn't listen to you and doesn't appreciate the work you do, then END. Clothing is the place for you!!!

Pros

Awesome team!

Cons

Long hours and your opinions dont matter!

Depends on your point of view.

Working here taught me something about management and how managers should NOT treat a person. Out of all the managers there are two that are okay. The team leaders are useless they might aswell not be there, they don’t pitch in when it’s busy but will happily stand and talk about whatever they did on a weekend and waste time but as soon as you stop to chat they are on your back.Some people sit on their behind all day seemingly doing nothing and most of the shippers stand there chatting but as a picker you are expected to run around and pick all the sheets you can (they use pick sheets and you have to scan them in this takes a lot of time over the day, sometimes they will get someone lazy to sit and scan sheets)The targets are unrealistic and the places where you pick apparel is very messy and all the items are mixed so you could be digging around a box for 10 minutes looking for one item and half the time it won’t even be there.They do get food vans in but it’s always something that personally I don’t like so I can’t talk about that much. Others have said the foods always nice.The shifts are absolutely terrible. They used to be good we used to do 3 on 1 off then they changed it and this was the worst change they have ever madeThe people who work here are hit and miss some are absolute morons and some are really great. To be honest this place is only good if you are looking for something temporary.The longer you stay at end clothing the more you will see the cracks in how it operates

Pros

Overtime sometimes

Cons

Terrible shift patterns

Horrible place to be apart of

If you’re into working with no job security or a fan of coming into work only for them to say we have nothing to do today so just go home without pay then this is for you, the cobalt warehouse is Newcastle is an absolute joke to work at, stay away at all costs.

Terrible place to work

Very cliche environment with the unqualified management that have been gifted jobs for time they’ve served rather than being able to manage departments in a company with such fast growth. Any experienced staff they bring in never stay for long because of the companies resistance to embrace change and the cliche atmosphere pushing people out.. poor pay, playground mentality and zero compassion towards staff. You could drop down dead in the office and they’d ask why you aren’t working!

Pros

Zero

Cons

Long days, low pay, zero support and poorly tan

Not a great place to work,despite your expectations and the promises given.

I worked as a nightshift security guard at north shields and loved it, but i soon realised that the nightshift guards were basically second class citizens and treat with contempt and double standards.From day one, you could sense that you were an outsider and just not trusted and because of this, you werent given access to certain areas which meant you could not heat up a meal, or even wash a dish,i even had to borrow a door pass off the dayshift guard to enable me to do outside patrols, which is all we were allowed to do.Because i stood up for myself and brought things to the attention of my so called manager , i was singled out and failed my probation, despite working in the security industry for 27 years successfully with many qualifications.Initially they tried to take 45 minutes pay off you per shift for your meal break, but soon changed there mind when the security legislation was brought to light (if you cannot leave the workplace then you cannot be deducted)No premium payments for any public holidays and promised 28 days leave where actually you were lucky to get 20.Overtime was available, if your face fits or you were willing to fight for it, otherwise you had a battle on your hands trying to get any.Best thing about this job was the hourly rate, but it was just not worth the stress and hassle.I think if they actually appointed a security manager, who had security experience and could run the security team confidently then it might be a different story.

Pros

Good hourly rate

Cons

Poorly managed security team due to inexperience and lack of knowledge

Dispatch operative/stock processer

truly rotten place this is to work.There is absolutely no regard for the staff and their health, feelings and general well-being.The targets are unrealistic at times as there is simply not enough work but you will still be chased down and penalised for missing your target during these over staffed quiet times.Condescending managers who treat all staff like primary school children. You're just a number to this company.dont question anything or you will be classed as trouble maker and singled out.Management are constantly on you're back,they don't trust anyone and the workplace has a terrible morale.don't go to the toilet too much or for too long, discipline.dont be sick or face discipline. little has been done about their "Covid 19"safety enforcements, because there's none.they perch about it but when they need the job done it goes out the window.i would recommend you avoid the place at all costs.

Pros

Some decent people work Thier

Cons

Poor pay, poor management

Avoid at all costs.

Horrible place to work, you're treat with contempt and lack of respect daily,avoid at all costs.Management are constantly on you're back,they don't trust anyone and the workplace has a terrible morale.

Pros

I loved my time at End Clothing and thought they paid well especially for people under 21. They’re very flexible for part timers which is ideal for students and they’re very generous when it comes to holidays such as Christmas. It’s very fast paced during holidays however very repetitive which can be draining on long shifts.

Pros

Generous, Nice Managers

Cons

Repetitive, draining

Management of Bullies

You are and will be made to feel like a number.Management swear and shout at staff, don't know the job correctly just numbers and if you ask questions, you get talked down too as if you're an idiot. Higher ups are even worse, they care even less about the working staff. Especially Goods-in and Despatch departments, the two essential cogs in the workplace, you are treat the worst. VERY low pay for the work and VERY unsociable hours of work. Expect to be exhausted, and moody for the whole of your "free time" when not at work. Don't fill water bottle too much, can result in a discipline, don't go to the toilet too much or for too long, discipline. Don't stand up for yourself against bullies, discipline. The management and their "ideas" are some of the worst people I have ever come across and I'm very shocked how little has been done about their "Covid 19"safety enforcements, because there's none.

Pros

No Night Shifts (yet)

Cons

Honestly, everything.

Low staff morale

Having worked for the company for a number of years, the job satisfaction used to be a lot higher than it is now. The company itself has shown its true colours throughout the covid pandemic, through scrapping sick pay and remaining open with minimal safety measures throughout the entire pandemic. The people you work with are honestly what makes the job tolerable. Management is decent at best, the shift patrern is awful and you’re made to feel like nothing but a number to them. They care about hitting targets and making money and not a whole lot else.

Pros

Good team of co-workers and easy enough work

Cons

Awful shift pattern, very low staff morale, and zero job appreciation

Well run company

Needs a good tidy up, you get a picking list but not all goods are in the right place, you may have to go through 20 to 50 items in one locations to find the correct one you need, The people there are great and always eager to help you to find things when you are stuck, very busy warehouse but I got the buzz running about collecting orders, it's a big place, be prepared to walk a lot of miles a day.

Pros

Free coffee and good work mates

Cons

Waiting for picking lists to be printed off.

Canny place to work

Wasnt bad long shifts the staff were sound and if you needed help they were there to help you and happy to do so in both there factorys that they have in walking distance to one another

Avoid at all costs

The other reviews ring true. Some of the dispatchers/order pickers are OK, some are cliquey, some are complete snakes and some are complete snowflakes who will do anything to get you sacked. Some of the Management are are just some of the worst human beings that I've ever had the misfortune to have encountered in my life. I got finished 2 years ago and I'm still very bitter about it. I don't usually leave negative reviews but if I can save somebody having a traumatic experience I will.

Pros

You get paid/Some of the staff are OK.

Cons

Some of the staff are truly awful. Some of the Management are the worst people ever.

Disappointing but expected

Picking/ packing we log orders and can see how many we do daily on excel, being 18 at the time though it was infuriating being on my feet all day doing double the amount of work if others and being paid 3/4 of their hourly wage. Management can be rather disorganised however I’d say only a few of the managers were disrespectful which was honestly less than expected after hearing others experiences.There is practically no career progression unless you plan on moving to a different sector. In managements defence there was disrespectful staff members and one of them got an unnecessary amount of hate. I’d consider this bitchiness to be part of the culture there.Now the good stuff; I started in a large group last November and they were all great people and a few are still good friends of mine -big staff discount 🙌🏻Staff raffles 🙌🏻Could change your weekly hours ahead of time, I was part time and changed from two shifts to four for most of my time there.Over Christmas cool food trucks came to the warehouse and everyone got a free meal on behalf of end. Relaxed atmosphere

Pros

Discount and great colleagues

Cons

Work culture no progression

Don’t waste your time

I left this position a while ago now. Since leaving I have realised what a truly rotten place this is to work. There is absolutely no regard for the staff and their health, feelings and general well-being. This partly comes due to the fact that none of the mangers bar the team leaders are ever around. Of which there are like two for sixty people. And also that the higher management are so detached from the staff and job itself. Just sit looking at their laptops scrolling through emails hidden away somewhere.The day of lockdown the company retracted its company sick pay policy too according to a friend who is still employed.The pay is pitiful wether you’re a normal staff like I was or a manager. Pay in unequal across the business with some areas of the company receiving huge preferential treatment by the company itself. The targets are unrealistic at times as there is simply not enough work but you will still be chased down and penalised for missing your target during these over staffed quiet times. People will actually fight over work as they are ran by fear. No exaggeration. GOD FORBID you speak to anyone for more than 10 seconds and you’ll be chased for work avoidance etc unless you’re difficult and sleeping with a manager. The staff they have are on the whole great people although the female staff are very cliquey and some of the men are complete perverts. Probably the company’s best asset is its ground level staff that they just don’t care for. The management are the real issue. Set on massaging their own egos and finding the easy ones to discipline without actually -

Pros

Some of the staff

Cons

Everything.

Terrible management

I worked for this company as a security guard, when I first started it seemed alright, there were 3 guards per shift, shifts were 13 hours long and were given less breaks than people working slandered 8 hour shifts. When one guard was on a break the others would be expected to cover their job which was doable but when it went down to two guards it became impossible yet was still expected. No cameras on site which made it impossible to do your job correctly but management would complain when stock went missing. Management would change your time on the rota without telling you, I was once told to prioritise the gatehouse compared to staff searches, my manager then went directly to another guard and told him the exact opposite leaving us arguing over it. I was there just under a year and it took 7 month for the company to take my details like proof of address, right to work ect. I was never given an i.d badge, this wasn't much of an issue untill I went to the other site where I was required to have one to enter and leave the building. Honestly I could continue with the negatives about management. There were a few positives, pay was pretty good but only due to the amount of hours I would work, other staff members were usually pleasant however you weren't allowed to actually talk to them anymore than a small 20 seconds whilst doing staff searches. Overall I would say not to bother with the company unless you are just starting off and wanna grab a bit of experience.

Miejsce pracy w ktorym panuje mila atmosfera

Praca indywidualna, gdy jest taka potrzeba praca zespolowa,

Work

Unorganized, treat agency terrible and diffrent rules for permanent staff. Training and induction poor. Didn't seem to be much structure or organisation .

Worst job i have ever had

Looks and sounds great but rotten in the core, care about profit, blatant liars and management are none existent couldn't run a tap. People on the floor who you work with are amazing. If you want mental health issues/ depression work here.

Profit OVER People

Proves that all these 'cool' store pay not that good and have 0 benefits. Working at END was not good, constantly firing people and handing out disciplinaries. Constantly being told we are being watched by head office on CCTV. Not a good environment wouldn't recommend! They don't care about the staff and the management is poor. Typical day is standing around and serving customers but get told off for talking to colleagues even when its quiet.

Awful management and awful place to work

Monotonous, dull and brain numbing work. Condescending managers who treat all staff like primary school children. Hardest part of the actual job itself was reaching for items (I know) high up, without any form of ladders or stools to assist. The most enjoyable part of the day was either the strict 30 minute lunch (bell rings when you're ordered to finish) or when the bell goes (school or work) to let you go home. Although managers have a 'the bell does not dismiss you, I do' attitude. I was there for 3 months, as it was my first job out of university and I just needed to get some money together. In those 3 months I was allowed to take 2 weekends off, says it all. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at End Clothing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

2.3Job security/advancement

Compare End Clothing with

• End Clothing
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?