End Clothing

Clear
2.4Pay & benefits

Insights into End Clothing

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Think hard before jumping in

Great workforce absolute garbage patronising management most wouldn't get a job at a proper company, who praise each other when targets are reached but can't say thanks to the workers. No plan no communication no interest in welfare of staff, although they try to make u believe they do. Company getting bigger and bigger but going backwards in the way they treat staff, staff turnover 65% tells it all. If u want to come to work go home and get paid it's fine, if you care and have ideas and suggestions don't bother. Don't believe the benefits they offer unless you going for management jobs because it's all false advertising, 2 great managers have quit in 4 months a director is quitting, it says a lot tbh. The owners are nice guys but live in the past and I'm not sure they even know what is going on there. Min wage, don't be late don't be sick don't have ideas don't back chat when spoken to like a baby. Like to employ 16yr olds so don't have to pay big wages and still get work done.

Fast production warehouse and stressful

Too stressful and too fast, managers are constantly watching while you work which puts pressure on you and makes you make mistakes that they do not like, they are super strict with the way that you do your tasks.

Pros

Around once a month free lunch, staff discount

Cons

Medium hours that drag

I loved my time at End Clothing and thought they paid well especially for people under 21. They’re very flexible for part timers which is ideal for students and they’re very generous when it comes to holidays such as Christmas. It’s very fast paced during holidays however very repetitive which can be draining on long shifts.

Pros

Generous, Nice Managers

Cons

Repetitive, draining

Disappointing but expected

Picking/ packing we log orders and can see how many we do daily on excel, being 18 at the time though it was infuriating being on my feet all day doing double the amount of work if others and being paid 3/4 of their hourly wage. Management can be rather disorganised however I’d say only a few of the managers were disrespectful which was honestly less than expected after hearing others experiences.There is practically no career progression unless you plan on moving to a different sector. In managements defence there was disrespectful staff members and one of them got an unnecessary amount of hate. I’d consider this bitchiness to be part of the culture there.Now the good stuff; I started in a large group last November and they were all great people and a few are still good friends of mine -big staff discount 🙌🏻Staff raffles 🙌🏻Could change your weekly hours ahead of time, I was part time and changed from two shifts to four for most of my time there.Over Christmas cool food trucks came to the warehouse and everyone got a free meal on behalf of end. Relaxed atmosphere

Pros

Discount and great colleagues

Cons

Work culture no progression

Profit OVER People

Proves that all these 'cool' store pay not that good and have 0 benefits. Working at END was not good, constantly firing people and handing out disciplinaries. Constantly being told we are being watched by head office on CCTV. Not a good environment wouldn't recommend! They don't care about the staff and the management is poor. Typical day is standing around and serving customers but get told off for talking to colleagues even when its quiet.

Strange place

To begin with just an ordinary warehouse as any other. Started to work there several months ago and one of the things i could notice right away is heavy leaning towards political left. You could consider End Clothing being one of those upcoming go woke go broke companies. And as it comes with any other left leaning companies the biggest concerns are safe spaces and other unimportant things, there can be seen favouritism towards communism socialism feminism and other disturbing leftist ideologies. With that being said it all of it directly correlates to day to day basis, performance and actual work that you have to do. Wages are at bare minimum - minimum wage in some cases 8.21£ an hour... Does not matter where you work or what you do wage stays the same in some cases as people got promotions it actually decreased by 40 pence. There is no simple understanding like in any other place that as person progresses his/her responsibilities increase his/her wage supposed to increase as well as a simple thank you for all the additional knowledge, effort and responsibility the person has to take on by accepting the position. By that i mean laughable 14 pence per hour salary raises after a year of work with EndClothing or 6 pence per hour salary increase for being promoted to another place and more or less organising all the job. It is a normal case as you just start to work find some old timers within the warehouse who already spent 5 years or so and are barely scrapping by and working on 40 pence more then you do just at the absolute begining of the job. With that being -

Warehouse distributor

This company was very good to work for as it had a good family work balance, good salary and brilliant job security. Ideal place to work if you are interested in this catagory of work.

Just "meh"

The short time I've worked there I can already see that their is no real progression and the work itself it's boring and repetitive. Even though the staff are great to get along with it isn't enough to make me want to stay there.

Pros

35% discount! Good bunch of people

Cons

No real progression and boring.

GREAT staff but the owners really need to read this.

Absolutely nothing bad to say about the staff. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. You make very good friends from working at End. However you work for 9 hours a day with only a 30 minute lunch included. Most companies work for 8 hours a day and get a one hour lunch break. The studio staff don’t get chairs which I’m not sure is even legal as everyone should have the right to sit down every now and then if they need to. The new warehouse in Washington is going to be fantastic once it’s completed, but currently staff are expected to work in a building site and in freezing cold temperatures which I’m sure is also not legal. Company perks include free lunches every now and then, as well as team socials and parties which is a very nice bonus. The staff discount is amazing too. There is some progression within the company, but very little support for progression within your department. They want you to move between different departments in order to progress. Salaries are pretty poor for most staff, although a lot of staff get very decent salaries as word spreads throughout the company. There doesn’t seem to be a clear balance between which staff get certain salaries, as some are barely paid minimum wage whereas someone with a similar role is on a much higher salary. All in all it’s a good place to work but I feel as if the owners could really take a look at how their staff are treated which would boost morale and therefore make it a very attractive company to work for.

Pros

Staff discount; free lunches on occasion; staff parties

Cons

Long hours; low wages; short lunch breaks

Waste of Time

I was eager to start working for END, hoping to be able to make a career out of it and eventually progress into another role within the company. I was brought on board as a studio assistant and was made fully aware of what my duties were. The interview process was nice and straight forward and the best part of my time at END. When I started, I was thrown straight into prepping without any basic training or guidance. I feel there was the assumption that we would know the process before hand, which we didn’t. Though it’s not normally a job I would apply for, the reason I submitted an application was that it was stated there would be chances to progress into other roles within the studio. At my interview this was repeated and I was told once again that progression is definitely possible. Within the first couple of weeks I heard mixed information regarding progression, but the consensus seemed to be that progression was going to be hard and the company would rather recruit studio staff externally. I wasn’t expecting to progress within the first year anyhow, but if progression was really so unlikely, I felt cheated and as though I had been brought in under false pretences. This was later confirmed during a one-to-one review I had that the company was no longer growing and so there’d be less opportunities to progress in the future. In terms of a work/life balance it may seem pretty decent. However, I quickly found that the work life balance was not all that great. I worked an 8.5 hr shift, with a single 30 minute break. As part of the studio environment, there were no -

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Wage, breaks, working hours, progression, etc

Great colleagues, poor management and treatment of staff.

I worked at END. for 2.5 years as part of the dispatch team. Firstly, the company was pleasant to work for amazing colleagues who were genuine and down to earth, who helped the day fly over and were from all walks of life - old and young. If you have an interest in fashion and streetwear this job is beneficial for you, also the discount is great. However, getting more reputable within my role and an understanding for the role and helping others did not come with any extra benefits or respect from management, I felt myself become almost like more of a target, due to what felt like targeted disciplinary's. I never once got a single pay rise in the time that I worked for the company. I would argue this a lot more with management but I would always be shrugged off. At one point the whole of the dispatch team were promised a new structured pay-plan which was goal orientated and seemed an extremely great idea for all staff which added a bonus onto you contracted wage each month. This pay-plan did not come in for nearly 8 months after promised, and once the plan was in it did not affect the younger members of staff whom did the same hours and even out-performed a lot of other staff - but due to the companies ethics they said time and time again; "Younger members of staff do not receive this pay-plan because they are already getting payed more than there minimum wage". Again as previously mentioned in another review I saw, zero-hour contracted staff were treat like dog muck. travelling from south Tyneside, Jarrow, Boldon etc. to get sent home 1 hour into the shift because -

Pros

Colleagues - discount - working with great brands

Cons

Shocking management - poor company ethics and morals - poor pay

fun

working at end was very enjoyable as the staff are friendly and the work is simple. However there are little to no advancement opportunities and the salary is not in line with the inflation levels.

Pros

great staff

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work had a lot of fun there, steady work and great facilities for the work force, management were nice. Free lunch to begin with and great bonus scheme.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at End Clothing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare End Clothing with

• End Clothing
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?