ENERGY SAVING TRUST

ENERGY SAVING TRUST Employee Reviews

Great pleace to work

Loved the job helping people to be more energy efficient and helping them to gain free energy saving products like a new energy efficient boiler loft/well insulation if there property qualifies also sign posting callers to other organizations who could provide assistance. Only left due to needing a more secure job and the NEST program is dependant on Welsh government funding.

Pros

Pay and the hours where great no weekends and most of my team mates where nice and helped each other

Cons

Job security and sharing building with other organizations

Avoid

Very poorly run organisation, no support, very low wages, thrown in the deep end, don't care about feedback given, terrible customer service, thankless work, lots of complaints. Avoid.

No training and too demanding

While WFH the incompetence of managers is restricted to a single statement "it's because we work remotely". No proper training is provided, loads of mistakes are taking place due to this, which are frustrating the team members who want to do a proper job and no one makes a serious effort in planning of a way to avoid them. They selectively train people to complete tasks and you really need to make the delegation yourself as micromanagers are too busy having meetings rather than leading the team.

Pros

Cons

No training, no support

Ok place to work

People were friendly and outgoing. The training for the certificates was good.The support while out in the field was really good and I liked the professionalism of my boss.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Long hours, not enough money.

Nightmare Employer

Massive disappointment working for EST. My job looked great on paper, however upon starting my role, I soon learned that the organisation was beyond shambolic and dysfunctional on multiple levels. Development and support were borderline non-existent. Almost no structured training was provided, and almost no documented guidance on procedures was given. EST very carelessly just threw me in the deep end with almost nothing to go on, and few to turn to. It was sink or swim, with EST demanding high performance off the bat, while providing almost nothing in return. Compounding this were the massive workloads to complete to tight deadlines. I often found myself with so much work, I couldn't get close to keeping up, even when putting in overtime. Under-staffing and inefficient ways of working were prime reasons. I personally communicated my concerns about the poor support and unsustainable workloads numerous times, knowing that EST would likely redirect most or all of the blame my way. Predictably, that's precisely what ended up happening anyway. Much easier for them to blame employees, while denying any mismanagement. My situation was not unique either. Almost everyone I knew at EST felt markedly overworked and extremely stressed. It was one of the most demoralised workforces I've ever encountered. The organisation was bleeding staff like crazy due to the conditions, meaning skills and knowledge were constantly walking out the door never to return. Can't blame people for leaving when there are good employers just down the street, who actually care about staff welfare and -

Pros

Friendly staff. Good cause.

Cons

Appalling support and development. Extremely overworked staff. Poor compensation.

un productive

Very unorganized but friendly office. Poor management and poor training. IN office recruitment good but little to no training available. The department I was in was partly good but very unorganized.

Productive and fun workplace

Work at Energy Saving Trust is just amazing, you are recognised as part of a team, you have freedom and is very friendly environment. Be part of EST team helped to understand how it is to work with pleasure.

Creative projects, passionate colleagues

Energy Saving Trust is in many ways an excellent place to work. Work is demanding, but varied and projects are interesting - you feel close to the heart of the debate on climate change and energy efficiency. My colleagues are excellent to work alongside, with great passion for their work.

Pros

Interesting workload - never bored

Cons

Slow career progression

Not a good organisation to work for - you will feel undervalued

poor career advancement within the organisation, the stress of waiting to hear to hear about government funding annually is high/ There is no job satisfaction because the organisation is more concerned about funding opportunities than completing its core mission statement. I hated the work environment

Pros

Very easy work

Cons

Unsupportive management team

I was only there for a month

Very nice place to work, but they lost their funding soon after offering me the vacancy. It was a great workplace with good people

Pros

Being able to help customers, making their energy bills cheaper, keeping them warm, good for the enviroment

Cons

Job security

Finance Assistant / Account Assistant

I am looking for the position of Finance Assistant /Account Assistant within any industry. I have four years and half experience. I can batch up to 100 invoices per day as well dealing with queries. I can open supplier's account and i also make sure all invoices are duly authorized.

Overall a good place to work

Home Energy Scotland is a government funded organisation and provides free, impartial advice on making your home warmer, more affordable and greener. Whatever a customer’s circumstances and wherever they live in Scotland. My main tasks are within the centre itself providing support in whatever format required. Also within my role as an Energy Advisor I gained two City and Guilds training course’s one for my main duties on energy advice and the other in the renewable sector both off which helped me provide the best service I could offer. Other duties I was very strongly involved in where event planning and fundraising for our chosen charity, this included meeting with people to arrange events and also managing the overall cash flow that we had raised.

Fun workplace; poor opportunities for advancement

A fun place to work and you will learn a lot. But there are poor opportunities to advance into upper-level management; and the existing management isn't the most forward thinking.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Poor advancement and salary accelleration

Challenging days at work. Great place to work! Learnt the EZPUBLISH for CMS platform for upgrading to Drupal 7-8 Managed Scotland EST and London EST Stakeholder management Compliant co workers within the company Hardest part was dealing with unnecessary tension Enjoyable part was working with difficult colleagues as well as easy going friendly people.

Pros

Learnt a lot

brilliant work place , good cause

brilliant work place , good cause. Happy environment. I made calls to the public letting them know they were entittled to free loft and cavity wall isulation , all calls were welcome.

Cons

unsure future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENERGY SAVING TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9Job security/advancement