ENERGY SAVING TRUST

ENERGY SAVING TRUST Employee Reviews in Edinburgh

Avoid

Very poorly run organisation, no support, very low wages, thrown in the deep end, don't care about feedback given, terrible customer service, thankless work, lots of complaints. Avoid.

No training and too demanding

While WFH the incompetence of managers is restricted to a single statement "it's because we work remotely". No proper training is provided, loads of mistakes are taking place due to this, which are frustrating the team members who want to do a proper job and no one makes a serious effort in planning of a way to avoid them. They selectively train people to complete tasks and you really need to make the delegation yourself as micromanagers are too busy having meetings rather than leading the team.

Pros

Cons

No training, no support

Nightmare Employer

Massive disappointment working for EST. My job looked great on paper, however upon starting my role, I soon learned that the organisation was beyond shambolic and dysfunctional on multiple levels. Development and support were borderline non-existent. Almost no structured training was provided, and almost no documented guidance on procedures was given. EST very carelessly just threw me in the deep end with almost nothing to go on, and few to turn to. It was sink or swim, with EST demanding high performance off the bat, while providing almost nothing in return. Compounding this were the massive workloads to complete to tight deadlines. I often found myself with so much work, I couldn't get close to keeping up, even when putting in overtime. Under-staffing and inefficient ways of working were prime reasons. I personally communicated my concerns about the poor support and unsustainable workloads numerous times, knowing that EST would likely redirect most or all of the blame my way. Predictably, that's precisely what ended up happening anyway. Much easier for them to blame employees, while denying any mismanagement. My situation was not unique either. Almost everyone I knew at EST felt markedly overworked and extremely stressed. It was one of the most demoralised workforces I've ever encountered. The organisation was bleeding staff like crazy due to the conditions, meaning skills and knowledge were constantly walking out the door never to return. Can't blame people for leaving when there are good employers just down the street, who actually care about staff welfare and -

Pros

Friendly staff. Good cause.

Cons

Appalling support and development. Extremely overworked staff. Poor compensation.

un productive

Very unorganized but friendly office. Poor management and poor training. IN office recruitment good but little to no training available. The department I was in was partly good but very unorganized.

Productive and fun workplace

Work at Energy Saving Trust is just amazing, you are recognised as part of a team, you have freedom and is very friendly environment. Be part of EST team helped to understand how it is to work with pleasure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENERGY SAVING TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9Job security/advancement