ENERGY SAVING TRUST

ENERGY SAVING TRUST Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
1.9Job security & advancement

Great pleace to work

Loved the job helping people to be more energy efficient and helping them to gain free energy saving products like a new energy efficient boiler loft/well insulation if there property qualifies also sign posting callers to other organizations who could provide assistance. Only left due to needing a more secure job and the NEST program is dependant on Welsh government funding.

Pros

Pay and the hours where great no weekends and most of my team mates where nice and helped each other

Cons

Job security and sharing building with other organizations

Creative projects, passionate colleagues

Energy Saving Trust is in many ways an excellent place to work. Work is demanding, but varied and projects are interesting - you feel close to the heart of the debate on climate change and energy efficiency. My colleagues are excellent to work alongside, with great passion for their work.

Pros

Interesting workload - never bored

Cons

Slow career progression

Not a good organisation to work for - you will feel undervalued

poor career advancement within the organisation, the stress of waiting to hear to hear about government funding annually is high/ There is no job satisfaction because the organisation is more concerned about funding opportunities than completing its core mission statement. I hated the work environment

Pros

Very easy work

Cons

Unsupportive management team

I was only there for a month

Very nice place to work, but they lost their funding soon after offering me the vacancy. It was a great workplace with good people

Pros

Being able to help customers, making their energy bills cheaper, keeping them warm, good for the enviroment

Cons

Job security

Overall a good place to work

Home Energy Scotland is a government funded organisation and provides free, impartial advice on making your home warmer, more affordable and greener. Whatever a customer’s circumstances and wherever they live in Scotland. My main tasks are within the centre itself providing support in whatever format required. Also within my role as an Energy Advisor I gained two City and Guilds training course’s one for my main duties on energy advice and the other in the renewable sector both off which helped me provide the best service I could offer. Other duties I was very strongly involved in where event planning and fundraising for our chosen charity, this included meeting with people to arrange events and also managing the overall cash flow that we had raised.

Fun workplace; poor opportunities for advancement

A fun place to work and you will learn a lot. But there are poor opportunities to advance into upper-level management; and the existing management isn't the most forward thinking.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Poor advancement and salary accelleration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENERGY SAVING TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9Job security/advancement