Engage Education

Engage Education Employee Reviews

Very Flexible

I really enjoyed working with Engage and found myself kept busy, they not only do single day arrangments but terms too which I found great to build my portfolio of experience in different jobs.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Need to be ready early but may not get a call for work.

Easy to get hired but awful follow through and support

I am Canadian and I was looking to move to the UK to teach. Engage was quick to get me on board and to help me get organised with all necessary documents. However, once I arrived in the UK, it's been radio silent. I haven't heard anything about the progress in securing a teaching and when asked about an update, I am ignored for days and even weeks. I have inquired several times about my status and I have just been left absolutely in the dark. This has led me to seek help from other Teaching Agencies in the UK as I feel completely left behind by Engage. I would not recommend getting involved with them or working with them.

Pros

Easy interview process, helpful when recruiting you

Cons

Abandon you once you've been recruited. Lack of communication, poor management

Got a Job quickly, helped out during Corona

I have been working with Engage for over a year, with two different primary schools. Better than most agencies I have worked with in the past. Slightly better day rate and really like my consultant. I am writing this review to say thank you for helping me out during Corona, I have been on furlough since schools closed and really appreciate the support while things get back to normal.

Pros

Alway help out when there is a problem

Cons

Worked in some tough schools

Fantastic training and support

I have been lucky to work at Engage Education for 5 years. I started as someone brand new to recruitment and education as a trainee and was given a really strong induction and training programme which eases you into the role in a really supportive way. They have given me opportunities to progress through clear targets and trackers and always offer additional incentives.

Pros

additional incentives, good work culture/atmosphere, fab colleagues to work alongside

Cons

long hours but that comes with the job naturally!

Positive Working Environment

Engage have proven themselves to be a supportive and development-focused workplace in the time I have been here. There is an excellent work-life balance and a culture of support and communication internally. My actual role is interesting and there's plenty of room to make suggestions and try out new things - I'm really pleased to be working for Engage and look forward to a great career with them.

Pros

great offices, supportive, career development

Total disaster

Long registration process, followed by months of silence over the phone, while I was begging for work. Different agents every time. Received a day work...and silence again. Poor communication, aggressive manner instead of cooperation... Appalling!

Pros

Eye-catching adverts

Great Company

The process throughout registering was professional and easy to follow. It took about a week to be cleared for work and I got work in schools shortly after that. They pay to scale in line with the DFE approved UK pay scales for Teachers

Never get paid properly

Never got paid properly or on time even though id ask a thousand times as I had rent to pay. I was on gps. I was deemed an outstanding teacher who was messed about In 2015 I happily left engage education Ipswich suffolk!

Fine

Fun place to work, good culture and support A little messy at times in terms of organisation. Clear targets and support, good team atmosphere, good training

I enjoyed working there

I learned more about teamwork and communication skills, I also learned to work with different age groups. A typical day was answering phone calls and helping students daily.

Just to survive

They give the lowest pay and demand so much work. Always looking for a way to cheat their employees. Communication is very bad with them. Most time chasing for payments. Turn over if staff is a lot so you find yourself lost of who to contact with job issues.

Supply Teacher

Expect the unexpected. Have learnt a lot from going to different schools. Was very eye-opening. Engage usually have a lot of work lined up for you which is good and are very supportive.

Drop you once you get the job

I worked for engage education as a teacher for 6 months. They were outstanding at the beginning- I had an Australian consultant and a UK consultant. They very helpful and were available to answer all questions. Once you start work communication becomes terrible. I had times when I had no one else to talk to/ ask questions except my consultant and she would take days/ weeks to reply if at all. Your pay dramatically drops after a few months. I started with around £600 a week and that went closer to £400. If you want to leave due to stress they can be manipulative in trying To make you stay. Relocation bonus was an absolute joke. Do not rely on this money for anything. If you manage to meet the criteria to actually receive it you will be taxed half!

Unresponsive

Not very impressed with the feedback of this company. I will not be offering my services to them. I have tried myself to speak to a consultant since 24th July 2019. To date, no response to any of my numerous phone calls, messages or emails. Thank you for your honest comments everyone and preventing me from entering into a possible unpleasant situation. Thank goodness for reviews.

A horrible company that disrespects the people it hires

Engage is a business and we're the products that they sell to the schools. They don't treat us well. They don't care about us. It's all about money. They're well-known for withholding information from the employees that they've placed in schools, such as whether or not they're getting fired. After you've arrived in England, they start preparing for the December iDay, so if you aren't happy in your school, they aren't going to spend any time helping you find a new job and none of the people who were at risk or did lose their jobs, or were unhappy in their jobs in the fall, were invited to the December iDay. You can barely get hold of your consultant, and when you do, they don't do much for you. Basically, you don't matter to them.

Terrible

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS AGENCY!! They under pay you, your salary seems nice in the beginning but then significantly drops. I have asked over and over again for the so called "bonus" that they are supposed to give you and only got a portion of it. They forget to approve your time sheets and I am currently unable to pay for my rent because they have not paid me on time... They set me up with what seemed like a great school but ended up being very unsupportive. Two of the other Canadians who came to the same school as me did not make it to Christmas. I suggest doing some in depth research about the schools before you actually work there and do not go through this agency. As a whole, all of the people I have met through the agency feel the same way. My agent specifically just dropped off the face of the planet after September and will rarely respond to me until I have messaged several times. He is always on "vacation" without notifying us that we won't be able to contact him for a certain amount of time. Once you actually get the job, they abandon you... or at least my agent did. More stress than the experience is worth.

Disengaged

I have worked with Engage for under a year. It has its benefits with discounts you get, the free medical help that is provided for staff and the consultants who really do try to make a difference. However, when speaking to staff about not being able to work, you are pressured into it at times due to the consultants not wanting to ruin their reputations at that specific school. It isn’t helpful at all when you feel pressured and it isn’t helpful when you are called at 7:30am to be asked if you can go to work in a place that is an hour and a half away via public transport. Also work is not guaranteed and if you have a disability like me, pls be wary that some schools may not be understanding and will dismiss you if you miss two days of work due to your illness.

Pros

Great schools

Cons

Laziness, bad communication

Official response from Engage Education

9 July 2019
Hi there, thanks for your feedback about our services. We're glad to hear that you've found our staff helpful and caring and that our benefits exceeded your expectations, it's important to us that our candidates feel valued. However, we're really sorry to hear that, on occasion, you didn't find our staff weren't as supportive as they could have been when speaking to you in the mornings, this is something we've fed back to the teams! If you have any further comments, please email enquiries@engage-education.com and we'll be happy to help.

Excellent

Engage éducation were always helpful in every step of the recruitment process as a supply teacher, they actively sought out work for me and were always at the end of the phone if I had any queries or questions

Supportive Supply Agency

My consultant was always friendly and they supported my relocation from London to the Home Counties. They were even supportive during the sign up process when I had to put the process on hold due to being involved in a cycling accident which prevented me from working for a few month - my sign up was put on hold until I was ready with no pressure applied.

Great company to work for - excellent progression

Engage invests time and training into their staff and listens to what you want for development in your career. Best agency I've worked for and would recommend to anyone. Good location in The City with great people to work with.

Pros

Amazing office, excellent training

Cons

Productive and inviting work environment

Working at Engage Education is honestly one of the best experiences I have had within my career. There is always a busy and fun environment, where the work/life balance is unlike any other company. Working in sales, there are always stressful moments, but working with our sales teams you feel supported and all working to the same goal. Most importantly, our management encourages professional growth and make you feel like an asset to the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engage Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Engage Education with

• Engage Education
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?