Engage Education

Engage Education Employee Reviews

United Kingdom57 reviews

consultantteacherschoolsupportexperiencetimelotpay

Happy

Staff were friendly. They got me work immediately. I was miss informed about the way my wages were paid and was paid a lot.less than I thought as a result of an umbrella company taking a big cut and my tax code being odd because I was classed as self employed.

Pros

Was given work quickly

Cons

Rates of pay

Very unprofessional agency

The worst agency I have ever worked for, and sadly teaching agencies are largely awful. Consultants have very little knowledge of the education sector.

Pros

Friendly initially!

Cons

Everything else

Insights into Engage Education

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment

Highly recommend

I worked for Engage East Sussex for 7 months as a Teaching Assistant. They provided training online and specialist training on working with children with Special Needs too. I worked at several schools but mainly had regular work at one, which the agency organised with the school. They will do all the communicating for you, which makes it easy to organise the work to suit you and to work flexibly if you need to. I had a really nice consultant who communicated really well and efficiently and I got offered regular work. I learnt a lot on the jobs I did and found them really rewarding and a valuable experience.I would definitely recommend this company.

Great experience

I had a great experience working as a cover supervisor. My consultant got a few bookings trial to cover which I really enjoyed until they left the company. However, she passed my file to another consultant... the rest is history!

Wouldn't recommend to be honest!

I don't normally write reviews, but I have to say that my experience with Engage wasn't very good. They would ignore for my messages for days and weeks, made several mistakes on my pay and weren't able to find me supply work at times. Additionally, their fees are honestly really high for what work they do. I don't recommend working with them! It wasn't a great experience.

28 July 2022
Hi there, we're really sorry to hear that your experience with Engage Education didn't meet your expectations! We'd really like to find out what's gone wrong here, please could you pop us an email at customercare@engage-education.com so that our team can investigate!

Quick and stress-free work

Working National Tutoring Programme, very quick to sort things out but could do with better communication in some aspects where job details were changed or admin issues arose.

tiring

good for a part-time job for a university student or any school student. It's zero hours, so you pick your shifts. In some cases, you might be able to choose your location too. Overall, it's very tiring and hard. You also need to be physically strong if you are working with very autistic students. Colleagues are nice. But you don't really have a lot of time to have a chat.

Difficult

Management is awful. No staff support. No work life balance. Its not very hard work but there are no benefits for the work you do. The pay doesn't reflect what you ate excepted to do. Divide between management and us lower class workers.

Fantastic

Worked for engage for 2 months. They always had regular work and the pay rates were the highest in bradford at the time. Some files become permanent and long term.

Good agency work

If you are interested in doing supply work, this is a good agency with which to do it. Pay is as advertised and is made on time. It is easy to get in contact with those who work in the office.

Avoid this agency

I didn’t enjoy working with this agency. They were highly unprofessional, called me either ridiculously early or very late in the day when I had already made it clear I wasn’t free. Every time I communicated what I wanted, they would not listen. Unfair pay; for the same role in the same school the pay varied across a group of agency staff from engage. They say they will call and they don’t. After I left, someone who no longer worked there contacted me on my personal number. This is a breach of my data as I did not consent for it to be used in that way once a recruiter had left.

Pros

Work in a wide range of schools.

Cons

They don’t listen to you. Pay is poor.

Poor management

They sign you up quickly but then ghost you after working 2 weeks. They don't back up the agreed rate for a days work. I was completely frozen out after 2 weeks and never heard from anyone again even after numerous attempts to get in touch. In one instance I agree to work 2 days and for one day I was paid less than agreed ( not including the deductions) and for the second day I was never paid.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Poor pay, bad management

Positive experience!

Georgia Price has been really great to work with recently. She is professional, friendly and very responsive. Georgia's support made the registration process so easy and smooth. She is always polite, positive and goes the extra mile to help! Thank you Georgia! :)

Easy to get hired but awful follow through and support

I am Canadian and I was looking to move to the UK to teach. Engage was quick to get me on board and to help me get organised with all necessary documents. However, once I arrived in the UK, it's been radio silent. I haven't heard anything about the progress in securing a teaching and when asked about an update, I am ignored for days and even weeks. I have inquired several times about my status and I have just been left absolutely in the dark. This has led me to seek help from other Teaching Agencies in the UK as I feel completely left behind by Engage. I would not recommend getting involved with them or working with them.

Pros

Easy interview process, helpful when recruiting you

Cons

Abandon you once you've been recruited. Lack of communication, poor management

Very Flexible

I really enjoyed working with Engage and found myself kept busy, they not only do single day arrangments but terms too which I found great to build my portfolio of experience in different jobs.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Need to be ready early but may not get a call for work.

Got a Job quickly, helped out during Corona

I have been working with Engage for over a year, with two different primary schools. Better than most agencies I have worked with in the past. Slightly better day rate and really like my consultant. I am writing this review to say thank you for helping me out during Corona, I have been on furlough since schools closed and really appreciate the support while things get back to normal.

Pros

Alway help out when there is a problem

Cons

Worked in some tough schools

Fantastic training and support

I have been lucky to work at Engage Education for 5 years. I started as someone brand new to recruitment and education as a trainee and was given a really strong induction and training programme which eases you into the role in a really supportive way. They have given me opportunities to progress through clear targets and trackers and always offer additional incentives.

Pros

additional incentives, good work culture/atmosphere, fab colleagues to work alongside

Cons

long hours but that comes with the job naturally!

Positive Working Environment

Engage have proven themselves to be a supportive and development-focused workplace in the time I have been here. There is an excellent work-life balance and a culture of support and communication internally. My actual role is interesting and there's plenty of room to make suggestions and try out new things - I'm really pleased to be working for Engage and look forward to a great career with them.

Pros

great offices, supportive, career development

Total disaster

Long registration process, followed by months of silence over the phone, while I was begging for work. Different agents every time. Received a day work...and silence again. Poor communication, aggressive manner instead of cooperation... Appalling!

Pros

Eye-catching adverts

Great Company

The process throughout registering was professional and easy to follow. It took about a week to be cleared for work and I got work in schools shortly after that. They pay to scale in line with the DFE approved UK pay scales for Teachers

Never get paid properly

Never got paid properly or on time even though id ask a thousand times as I had rent to pay. I was on gps. I was deemed an outstanding teacher who was messed about In 2015 I happily left engage education Ipswich suffolk!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engage Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement