Engage Services

Engage Services Employee Reviews

Before covid not difficult to earn £175 + per day self employed. Covid impact now making it difficult to earn £100 + due to varying work streams and client instructions. Work is varied and enjoyable but lone working is not for everyone. Engage/Marston's are the market leaders in this field and do obtain some good contracts, the drawbacks are the expected mileage of 150 miles plus at your expense per day and certain prehistoric command and control management styles.
Pros
No two days the same
Cons
Decreasing job fees
Management are permitted mistakes but if you make one you are for the high jump either no work or only visits nobody else wants, only call if they are struggling for cover
Pros
Good fees to be earnt
Cons
Too many chiefs not enough Indians!!!!!
I have really enjoyed working here, and can 100% say it is the best company I have worked for. Very supportive Regional Manager and office team, who are always on hand to reach out to. From a monetary perspective it is exactly as advertised, and have taken advantage of Engage’s referral scheme and recommended a friend who has started.
Pros
Friendly supportive team to be apart of.
Cons
Parking in London.
I have worked here for over 3 years now, and the role and expectations are exactly what were set out at the interview stage. Good money to be made, and the more you put in work wise, the more you will make which is a great incentive. It is an enjoyable place to work, with everyone more than approachable right from the Director, to Manager, to Training Officers they're all fully supportive.If you are willing to work hard and want to earn a good wage with flexibility then this job role is for you.
Pros
Earnings
Cons
Traffic
Varied work but very volatile, management have non existent people skills and are not interested in you as an individual just in how many days you can work and how cheap they can get you for as bottom line and bonus is their only concern. Supposedly self employed but they will expect you to drive in the region of 200 miles per day and do not give you any travelling time or expenses but will be all over you if they do not consider you have done a full eight hour day earning from £80 per day, you do the maths !Question the regime and watch your work dry up. Constant threats and consequences if you make a mistake including deductions with no explanations,
Pros
Your next position is bound to be better
Cons
Constant reduction in job fees, Clients and management never happy
It appears that I worked for a different company compared to the rose tinted spectacles reviews on here, Engage land some very good contracts but over a period your job rates reduce and never increase and clients just vanish leaving you to pick up scraps that pay as little as £4 per job which you will be expected to visit in crime ridden estates using your own car, don't get me wrong but if you get into the inner circle you can earn good money and get the better jobs, management are all ex enforcement agents and that reflects in their approach to you mistakes don't exist at Engage and they can and will stop supplying you work if you challenge them your ability to generate revenue for their bonus is a major factor, if you are prepared to work for £80 day before stoppages this is a job for you.
Pros
Can be good money if you are on the cream jobs.
Cons
Expectation to work anywhere for £80 a day.
Resolutions Officer (Wales) 2017 -2019: Loved my time at Engage. Great Regional Manager. Brilliant colleagues. Very supportive. Only downside is that the requirement to complete 20 calls a day can be stressful -especially in remote, hard to find locations.
Pros
Excellent support
Cons
Hours can be long especially when driving 1 hr back and fore from home to 1st call.
As a resolution officer, one can cover over 1000 miles a week, if you're good with spending most of your day on your own in a van/car then this will be a great fit.I have worked for the company for over four years and loved every challenge put forth.
Pros
Freedom to plan your own day
Cons
Over planning some days
I've been a Field Agent with Engage Services for almost two years now and am happy at the company. Management are supportive and approachable and full training given. When I expressed that I was less confident with a particular aspect of the job, I was given helpful training without judgement and it allowed me to improve my own skills. Good performance is rewarded and I would recommend the company to anyone thinking of applying.
Pros
Will suit anyone who enjoys planning their own time.
I have worked for Engage for just over 1 year, in this time I have been well trained and given more and more opportunities to expand my job roles. The company and management are brilliant, very helpful and understanding of situations.All in all this company make you part of the family and it's a joy working for them.
Pros
Learning new skills, chances to increase earning potential
Cons
N/a
It was a change of career for me I have been a field agent for 2years 9 months I love every minute of itNo two days are the same the company is very supportive and quick to respond to any request for assistance The best bit is you are able to work on your own initiative and express yourself.
Pros
Flexible, good pay fun place to work
Cons
Great place to work, been with the company 8 years now. like a family that gets the job done to a high standard. Training academy helps people from all backgrounds get into the industry.
I've worked for Engage for two years now and it is without a doubt the best company I've worked for in my 40+ years of working life. Every day is different, the field team (management and agents) all pull together to get the job done, and there's a great atmosphere.The work is fast-paced but the company has realistic expectations about what is and isn't possible. From a personal perspective I thoroughly enjoy my job with Engage and would definitely recommend the company to anyone thinking of joining.
Pros
Varied work, great atmosphere, senior management support, a can do attitude
Cons
Not for clock watchers
I worked as a self employed agent for Engage in two capacities over the last two years. I only do part time as i have a full time job elsewhere. I love the work, everyone i deal with is polite and helpful and i have always been paid on time. Work stopped during lockdown, but it looks like they are back up and running again and I'm looking forward to re-joining.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Work volumes can be unavoidably volatile
Terrible job, bully boy culture. They treat you as employed on a self emp contract, if you do not comp your jobs then you are questioned why. You have no time for a break and they get you to do jobs for nothing and tell you there are no fees for no cont jobs even though you are req to take photos and do meter reads. Fees are changed all the time and the wages are always wrong. You're sacked if you comp.
11 November 2020
Self Employed role completely up to the agent for work times. All agents who put in the effort can earn well.
Never pay you correctly. Owe you money and deny it. By far the worst company I have worked for in the industry. Bunch of jumped up con men. When you call and text them none of the cowards have the balls to answer their phones either. Avoid them. Least the next DCA will actually pay you for work done.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
11 November 2020
After investigations for missing money agent was paid any outstanding amounts.
If you're self employed but warned you will not get paid correctly and will have to fight tooth and nail to get what you are owed. Jobs in your postcode will soon dry up, meaning driving further-a-field causing wear and tear to your vehicle
Pros
Self employed
Cons
Not being paid correctly
11 November 2020
After investigations to missing customers payments any outstanding fee's were paid.
Promised a lot but rarely delivered. Very overworked, very underpaid. Management out of touch with what staff need and what job the staff do. High staff turnover with a lot of new starters leaving within the first week.
Pros
Good work colleagues
Cons
Salary, procedures, management, car parking, workload, systems, lack of sick pay
I've been with Engage Services for a little over 6 months now and I can honestly say it is the greatest workplace that I've been in throughout my entire career. In my short time here the company has been growing consistently with new employees joining every month and there's no signs of it slowing down anytime soon. Management have shown that they are supportive and confident in everyone who works within the company. There's also many benefits with working with Engage Services you may not notice at a first glance such as training courses to help improve a wide variety of skills such from improving on how to use Microsoft Office to learning how to deal with a wide variety of customers on the phone. Overall a great place to work!
Pros
Lighthearted environment
I have been with the company over 3 years now and it has gone from strength to strength with an excellent management structure. Good support all round.
I’ve been working as a self employed field agent for a few months. I love the work and the company are very efficient in their procedures Only down side. I wish I had more work to do. Some days you can have 2 or 3 visits. Other times you can go for a week or more with nothing but that’s how it goes.
Pros
Varied work
Cons
Can be quiet at times
  1. Employee reviews