ENGIE

ENGIE Employee Reviews

Featured review
ENGIE selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for, I felt I was always fully supported by all members of the team and I made multiple friends throughout my time at the company.
Don't bother interviews didn't look bothered. Both was Grumpy and just didn't look like they was interested if you asked me they already had someone for the job but wasted peoples time in interviewing. No feed back or communication after. If you treat the interviewees like this glad I didn't get the job.
Professional workforce, different trades worked together well and completed the project well on time and to a high standard. Enjoyed my time with them.
Pros
Good, friendly team.
Cons
None really
They have people working there what should not be able work there or be around kids. Really bad with treating there staff always talk down to us and talk to us like rubbish
New design team managers have scrapped the amazing atmosphere. Right now, it feels like you are working as a slave who doesn't understand anything but screams.
Pros
Team is young and aside from the two new managers very nice, Diversity in projects
Cons
Below market pay, Design team managers treat you like cattle, Management overall is detached from the work you do, Progression is based on seniority rather than skill.
Travel and overnights stays frequent but work culture and work-life balance was good.Another 70-odd characters to fill this box when i have better things to do.
Poor management haven't got a clue more concerned about scoring points for themselves back stabbing and lies is what they run on they don't care about you ! Your just a number they run a business about as good as one legged man in butt kicking competition
Cons
The managers have their favourites who can get away with anything, and everyone else is constantly criticised and told off as if we're all naughty children even when individuals are doing an amazing job. Very demoralising to be told off regardless of the quality of your work. I found out after I handed in my notice that I'd been one of the fastest and most accurate workers, but at my last review was told I could do better and try harder, rather than receiving any praise. Also, when waiting for influx of post managers make you sweep the same patches of floors or wipe the same tables over and over to 'look busy' rather than just letting you wait for the work to come in. Lame. And at Christmas, after being told we could leave early the managers would not let use leave after we'd finished our work, we had to just sit around for over an hour to run down the clock. Merry Christmas
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great place to work the site was very clean and tidy.The interview was informal the health and safety induction was helpful.Was shown around the site all in all a good place to work
only problem i had is setsquare is the agency who lie cheat and say your getting ÂŁ11.07 but after you pay umbrella there money your only on ÂŁ9.40 an hour. apart from them engie is a great place to work for il miss the banter and office staff who are great
Pros
great ppl and place to work
Cons
conning lieing thiveing setsquare agency
I enjoyed working for ENGIE, opportunities for progression are somewhat lacking. Leadership teams are a little disjointed but overall a great place to work.
Pros
Decent benefits package
Cons
Little appreciation for hard workers
Expecting too much for the salary , unrealistic tasks.No cover staff has arranged. Did not enjoyed holiday leave,and come back to mess . People has treated differently and not equal.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Too much work load .
Business interests is the number. Work life balance falls towards the business. 40 hours means 80. Don’t expect a reward. Your family will suffer. There is a expectation of 120% week in week out.
Pros
Experience
Cons
To many to list
The job was stressful I was there 3months and off sick for 1 month. did not know where I was working from one day to next.Limited time on the wards.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Everything else
Management are very poor and don't listen. It's a case of whether you face fits. They make accusations without any adequate proof and generally untrustworthy company to work for. Keep on changing their mind with most things and keep you in the dark for as long as possible. Avoid dealing with any issues and management generally pass the buck between themselves. Very back handed and I would avoid at all costs!
Cons
If you get stuck in you get rewarded. The sooner you finish the sooner you go home.Excellent benefits and great salary. I keep an eye elsewhere and tbh its definitely one of the best about
Pros
Benefits, bonus, salary, etc
Cons
None so far
Started agency work as an Audio Typist back in 2017. I requested afternoon leave to attend a dental appointment, whilst leaving the car park waiting at the barrier to exit a car reverses next to my passenger door and smashes into it (due to not looking behind her car). This woman (who turns out to be a senior manager of the company) assures me we will swap details the next day. i have a call from the agency later that day to say they are letting me go as my work was not up to scratch...?? Nothing was said relating to my workload previous to this incident. WOW just WOW, avoid at all costs as it will cost you!
Pros
Cons
insurance scammed, smashed car, low wages, tedious and difficult workload
I am Working as a Maintenance engineer normal work typical day , good learned, good management, good culture, no hardest job there, weeklymeeting most enjoyable ,
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment
Not an enjoyable place to work, targets are not achievable and you will make yourself ill trying to achieve them, in the end its not worth the stress and managers higher up away with the fairy's.
Pros
Cons
unachievable targets and work stress
Would not recommend this company. Work life balance non existent, Management have their favourites, their lazy, can’t be bothered with your wellbeing.All their concerned about is looking good to outsiders. If your a good, loyal, Hardworking worker you get treated like dirt. There are no job promotions in certain sectors of Engie. Anything goes wrong you get blamed for it even if you proved you hadn’t anything to do with it.
Pros
Get left alone
Cons
Incorrect pay, bullying, lazy management and some lazy staff.
It requires high targets to be meet and it's a target focus job. Not a lot of progression for part time staff. Stable job but not a job I want to be in permanently. Good for a stop gap between uni and school
Pros
People
Cons
Type of work
  1. Employee reviews