ENGIE

ENGIE Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,295 reviews

What agreat bunch of chaps

A lovely close knit team, everyone mucks in together, the local management team are so supportive and helpful, everyone looks after you from day 1 . I have worked here for 12 years now and can honestly say the last 2 since engie tuped us over are the best time of life . Erin more enjoyable than my holidays. Pish stay away.

Pros

The exit ramp

Cons

Management management management

Unfair

Treat you like no one when you get your rest days and you will have phone calls to work and they will try and quilt you into working, telling you they will sort you out but never do people who work there are very two faced

Pros

8 hour shift

Cons

Stressfull

Dont bother

Dont bother.you do your job and get a life changing injury in the process and the company screws you over.lads at Burnley are good l.managment are useless

Absolute Joke!

Terrible company to work for. Poor management. Rude staff. H.R. don't know what there doing. Only bonus was that my place of work was in walking distance to my flat!

Pros

Not far from home

Cons

Almost everything

Engie WPS what a joke

As a security officer these people have cut our staff by a quarter, ok not so bad ,but because we work 24/7 as they have cut other departments (NOT INVOLVED WITH SECURITY )that we have to man. After 4pm all those departments go home leaving a 3 man team to run a security department and upto 4 different departments

Pros

set shifts

Cons

Management haven t a clue

Terrible company work for , bad management if their even on site , bad people skils , don’t take care of staff AVOID !!

I was working at st David’s hospital for this company and experience huge amounts of incompetence people and management structure and how managemt plays its role is non existent as hardly no managemt of site also a lot spying on staff and staff relations is worse I’ve ever work in AVOID !!

Pros

Monthly pay

Cons

The whole working structure and bad atmosphere

Do yourself a fav and look somewhere else

I can only speak for Darlington, although you have Managers they are run by a Cleaning Supervisor. They are scared stiff of her. Nothing but bullying and the Managers are scared to say anything.

Pros

I have typically at work learned a lot and the workplace could not give me the opportunity to develop myself or enhance myself. And the most difficult part is that the system in place was not developing and there was not enjoyable part of the job.

Pleasant atmosphere, great team to work with and good hands-on management

Great company to work for,really good team-mates, hands on management,easy to get on with. I found that management are prepared to go that extra mile for you.

Pros

Decent enough wage, good hours- 4 on 4 off

Cons

On you`r feet all day, irregular breaks.

Bad management

Disgraceful company to work for,bad management workplace like children,typical day at work was to stand there and look the part ,I actually leaned nothing as the management was supposed to be here he just came in late and left early aways had an excuse for leaving, as regards workplace if you have a child in nusery then that's what it's like,hardest part of the job nothing as it's an easy job ,enjoyable part of the job nothing

Pros

Nil

Cons

Nil

Jobs at ENGIE

Security Officer positions
See more jobs

Red Tape

Job it's self is easy, civil service client is a challenge but company doesn't seem concerned with employees Managers only want to manage when there's nothing to manage and opinions on working practices aren't welcome

Pros

Pay usually correct

Cons

Poor management

Great and productive place to work

A typical day at work would mean carrying out job role with great detail and making sure all duties are enforced, with set goals. What I learned about working for this company was the fact off carrying out every duty with great detail, so there is no room for mistakes. Management at this workplace could be better, due to lack of communication. Working for this company I had some off the best co-workers, we all got along and got the job done with enthusiasm. A part that I found a little complicated with the job was the fact that the working days was not consistent, due to the contract being permanent, then onto temporary. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a good, and being motivated able to carry out all my duties.

Real bad conpany

They weren't paying tax for me which then made me in debt to the tax man.. now paying through the roof.. wage was later 5 out the 6 month I worked for then and was always different although I was salaried.. Management where scared of client therefor never stuck up for staff. Full conpany need restructuring not just a change of name..

Pros

4 on 4 off

Cons

Management, night shift. Wges late. Not paying tax. Never getting a payslip with the name of the conpany on it..

This job pays my bills

Would like to better myself and get a security job that pays more money. And a company that cares about its workers health and welfare. And who offered training for staff.

Adequate, good salary

GDF SUEZ has gone through many changes, as an employer the general consensus amongst staff is: disorganised and generally not structured well.

Pros

No Pro's

Cons

No onsite parking for staff, adequate facilities

I like working with people at all Level, and always make sure all jobs have seen through

working with cofely is very good, and i like the management staff when ever you need their assistant. and also the rat of pay is very good.

Stressful and Depressing working environment and very bad Management

Poor leadership, Incompetent Managers wirh army style bulling tactics. Unorganised, unpractical and useless policies only to suit the companys needs and interests. Widespread discrimination agaisnt lower ranked employees in the company Useless HR Department infact the worst i have ever come across. Depressing working environment with nothing positive to look forward to. Positions given out to people without being advertised. No chance of progression unless you play the game well and lick some Endless issues that don't seem to have an end. Absolutely nothing positive to say in my experience. This feeling is not isolated and is widespread across.

Productive Workplace

There is no typical day working here which is good, everyday is different and challenging dealing with the public, patients and staff coming across different cultures and different sorts of people with all sorts of backgrounds. My day will involve things such as patrolling, key handling, attending incidents, report writing, monitoring CCTV and using physical intervention skills. The management are excellent and help you out when ever you need it and is fun place to be. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people with lack of mental capacity and suffering mental illnesses it challenges you with thinking on the spot and trying to de-escalate situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people with great life skills and always giving you advice on life and on the job advice.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENGIE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement