English Lakes

English Lakes Employee Reviews

I've worked with English Lakes for 3 years now, and I have not yet found another employer to match them. I feel cared about and supported in my job. Management is friendly and reliable, my colleagues are fun to be around, which makes working there so much better. The hours are antisocial, with the majority being early morning or late evening shifts, but The hiring manager was very upfront about this, and personally I don't mind.
Pros
good working environment, clientele generally
Cons
Hours vary massively for part time staff
Awesome kitchin easy going the camels back Forced to wash pots in congealed milk,orange juice, tea, coffee no debate no compromise 08/08/20. hardest part carring kitchen waste to bins up a steep hill most enjoyable part going home and leaveing the next kp nothing to do.
Pros
usual discounts
Cons
poor management
Lovely place to work unfortunately i left due to bad health but really enjoyed my time working with English lakes and if I had the opportunity I would work there again
I cannot rate English Lakes Hotels highly enough and would recommend anyone who is looking for a role in leisure/hospitality to get on board should the opportunity arise. In my time there we had supportive managers, regular socials, on going training, a fun but professional working environment, recognition from the company directors and great employee benefits. I could go on! I really enjoyed my time working for them .
Pros
As above, company culture, work as one big team, recognition and gratitude shown from above
Cons
Low pay, but comparable with similar roles.
I’ve been working in this company for the last 8 years. Good atmosphere and real promotion opportunities. Lots of benefits for working here: complementary dinner, bed and breakfast for your birthday, vouchers and so on.
I am currently working at Lancaster House Hotel as Personnel Manager and have been doing so now for a year but have been working as apart of English Lakes Hotels for 4 years. I have progressed within the company due to an amazing training opportunity presented to me from the company in which I gained a Level 4 Qualification in Hospitality Management. I love my job and the staff/ colleagues I work with. :) English Lakes Hotels is truly an amazing company to work for, with its culture being very much; employee/ customer focused/ friendly/ welcoming with a family feel.
English Lakes is the most reliable and professional company i have ever worked for. I started working for the company 3 years ago and I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon :)) The team here is fabulous and they are like my second family. Great job opportunities and real support for personal and professional development plus excellent salary and company benefits. Strongly recommend :)
Pros
Staff block accomodation for some positions, free meals on duty, recognition scheme for employees
I have been working for English Lakes for nearly 10 years. I really enjoy my job and it is a fantastic company to work at. Great people and a friendly environment. Feel valued as an employee and great benefits too.
The people make the place most defiantly. Theres a strong sense of family and a collective desire to be the best. I have never learnt so much before, a genuine manager that wants to see you succeed.
Pros
people, meals on duty
Cons
shifts