Enjoy Technology

Enjoy Technology Employee Reviews

Its a sales job

Its a sales job and if you don't hit target then your out, this can results in some dubious tactics being employed by some members of staff in order to reach target. Certainly not the role as described at interview however I understand that this has now changed.

Pros

3 days off....but you have to work a lot of weekends

Cons

Its a sales job

Unrealistic sales targets

Was advertised as "not a sales role". This quickly changed. Management are only interested in sale targets being met. The sales targets in question are unrealistically high and cannot be met when selling ethically. When you do not meet the targets you are without pre warning put on a PIP where it is expected that you will quit or be pushed out within 3 months. It is expected you will work late after your shift to complete jobs and make sales.The pay is good though.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Unrealistic sales targets

I needed this change

I was in a rut working every weekend, and lots of hours.My new job has been grate as I am aloud to have weekends off which means I get so be with my family more.The bonus has been really good and made a difference to me financially.

Pros

Snack, bonus, work life balance

Cons

Can’t work over time

Sold the dream

Interview was super long and difficult. Then when you finally start the training gives you a warped expectation of what the job is really like. In reality you drive a van for 6 hours a day and then try to force people to buy things. Half the time you will drive an hour somewhere to drop off the phone, get all ready for the set up just to find the customer was told it was more of a DPD service.

Pros

Great team and 3 days off a week

Cons

Sold an impossible dream

Just a number.

Enjoy keep using the phrase “the clay is still wet” whenever something goes wrong, the reality is they have been in the UK for 6 years and the “clay” is absolutely not still wet. Long hours and unrealistic sales targets, you are turning up after the initial sale has been completed and upselling attempted, and then you’re expected to upsell again with targets identical to a phone store. It’s incredibly hard to hit these targets ethically. Through my own experience a very large percentage of the employees that hit target do so through less than honest ways. The worst part? Management are completely aware of the dodgy sales practices and don’t do anything about it because they’re making them money. I didn’t feel valued at all, I didn’t feel supported at all. This company has done severe damage to my mental health. Your goal and what your are trying to achieve is brilliant and I completely align with your company Vision, however they way you are going about achieving it (and failing) is horrible, you’re people do not feel valued. Less than a year after my unit opening there is only 1 original staff member left, that should tell you all you need to know.

Pros

3 days off a week, decent salary

Cons

Inexperienced and poor management (higher and lower), unrealistic targets, you’re treated like dirt if you don’t sell enough.

This used to be a fun place to work at...

This company has lost sight of what’s important and is all about the numbers and doesn’t care for its employees mental health and doesn’t reward its employees enough for what they do, employees are undervalued and only seen as a means for making money and revenue, technical expertise and knowledge has no value if you are unable to hit sales targets which are unrealistic in the current climate especially when people are struggling financially we are expected to go to customer homes and squeeze out every penny we can out of them. There is a heavy and strong focus on premium sales (expensive products) if you sell something small like a charger or case and screen protector there is 0 value or recognition for that. Helping a customer overcome a technical issue has no meaning or value if you don’t sell them something.

Pros

Cons

Long driving distances, constant pressure from managers, unrealistic commission and targets, (commission is not paid if customers cancel subscription within 14 days), no pay rise

Please do not work here...

This company sounds great on the surface... you'll be sold on the company by it's impressive pay and the benefits of lone working (driving around, talking to colleagues/friends all day), however, that's where the fun side of the job actually stops!The day to day life of an expert has completely changed from when the company first started! For starters, enjoy only cared about the customer, whoever was in front of you, was your priority and your main objective was to make that person's life, better through technology! "Amazing, this sounds perfect for me!" Flash forward two years, and the company is now the biggest money grabbing, lifeless company I have ever had the displeasure of working for! They only care about the customer (and I'm using care in a very loose term) if they are willing to buy something, if you, as an expert, has decided pretty early on that your customer isn't going to buy from you, you're expected to move on as quick as possible so you can try to make sales elsewhere, even if your customer actually needs help! (A manager has told me and my old colleagues this on numerous occasions!) The new pay system is shocking, they set incredibly unrealistic targets, expect you to hit them with ease, so that you earn more money... sort of a "you scratch our back, we'll scratch yours" situation! However, your back, never, EVER, gets scratched! If you're struggling with your work/if you need new information on latest products, then good luck getting enjoy to help you! You're better off asking Mrs.Jones down the street for advice! Advice/training is only given from -

Pros

Pay

Very stressful, Bullying culture

Very stressful, lots of pressure to make sales. If you are not making sales you will be bullied out of the door. Management is very poor and offers no coaching or guidance so if you do not come from a sales background you will struggle. Company does not live up to any of its brand value's, promotes a feedback culture but if you actually give feedback you are a trouble maker and effectively drawing a target on your back.

Pros

Work 4 in 7

Cons

Poor management, forced overtime

Not what they say it it’s like

A telecoms company... they act like it’s super chilled and you jut go and help out grannies but then you start and it’s just a sales job where you plug in a router. Still being advertised as customer service but it isn’t, pay was good and four day working weeks but wouldn’t recommend working here for anyone other than high pressure sales types

Pros

Pay, shift bidding

Cons

Pressure for sales, unrealistic targets, disingenuous company philosophy

Waste of time!

Soul crushing, sales oriented and miserable. If you want to get treated terribly and be forced to hit unrealistic targets then this is the job for you! Management complete robots, never finish work on time, no proper uniform provided.

Pros

Working 4 days a week, fair pay

Cons

Long hours, no support, miserable

Phone shop on wheels

What I signed up for:- A job helping people set up their tech products for the new smart home- Routing system which will find you local jobs only 20 minutes away- Start-up tech company with career opportunity and progressionWhat I got instead:- Delivering and setting up phones. Telecoms rewiring. Installing broadband routers. *Then all of a sudden* I became a salesman peddling insurance with sales targets!- Driving long distances 45-60 mins in zig-zags, rather than one well planned linear route!- The illusion of opportunity, disorganised by the worst recruitment team ever. As a result; zero progression!- Retail culture instead of tech culture!Why I stayed:- 4 days instead of 5Why I left:- Broken promises- Removal of breaks- Unsupportive HR- Lack of privacy in vansDON’T even get me started on Covid! Their management of that was poor. Beware of this place...

Pros

Loved the 4 day week

Cons

Toxic workplace run on lies

Worst company and career decision

The only thing that makes them a ‘tech company’ is the fact that they have an office in San Francisco and design an app [which doesn’t work lol] for their ‘experts’ to use whilst out on the field. That’s it! Other than that, it’s ‘mobile’ retail, with ridiculous targets. I should’ve left sooner. Furlough was the only good thing that happened.

Pros

40 hours in 4 days, being outdoors in the summer

Cons

Role keeps changing, poor communication, bad training, unskilled leadership, unachievable sales targets, health & safety concerns, cameras in vans, short breaks, no progression!

Unenjoyable

Actions speak louder than lies... what this company say and promise, is completely different to what they actually do in the end. This is quite easily the most frustrating job I've ever had, as the HQ teams make constant changes which don't add up. Common sense is not common here and being an Expert means you get messed around constantly. It's so disorganised that you won't know whether to laugh or cry.

Pros

4 day work week, shift selection, better pay than retail

Cons

Sales pressure, disorganised, poor progression, health and safety concerns, bad comms, poor leadership

Only apply if you have no soul

They preach that enjoy is a great workplace and that everyone is happy but under the surface is grim and the management dont care, tell you feedback is always useful but never take it on board, always changing buisness strategies then blaming the experts when it fails, way to much administrative work to ever finish on time and the new sales kpi they introduced is a joke,

Pros

Driving, decent pay

Cons

Toxic work environment, usless management, no real helpful training or support and unethical kpi's

Toxic and pushy workplace

They get you in by telling you it’s a customer service role and fill your head with their values and their culture.But once you start it’s the complete opposite just a pushy sales job with unrealistic sales targets you’re basically door to door selling and driving around for 10 hours a day with lots of pressure from your captain to sell sell sell or you get out on a PIP

Cons

Long hours, selfish captains and higher ups, a lot of driving, and feedback is not heard

Sales obsessed

This company has become so sales obsessed or as they like to call it ‘solutions!’ If you don’t perform and meet your ridiculous targets then you’ll be put on a Performance Improvement Plan AKA PIP! Rather than train you properly and help you they’ve created a blackmailing fear culture which is quite disgusting. Lots of people want to leave because of it. On top of that, you’re made to feel guilty for not delivering all jobs on the day when that’s just down to poor planning from leadership and operations! Why are we being blamed for missed visits when we’re sent on missions to drive over an hour here and there etc. Also advancement at this company is non existent. They’ll only promote favourites or top sellers regardless of your skills and experience!

Pros

Snacks

Cons

Late finishes

I wouldn't recommend it

Expert = driving vans (back and forth) and up-selling in peoples' homes. But you're set up to fail. The start and end times of your (10 hour) shifts conflict with the (2 hour) job windows where customers expect you. The system that allocates jobs is flawed, as the journey times aren't accurate. On top of delivering devices and experiences, you have lots of admin to do which gets overwhelming, even for the most organised Experts. At times you feel like you work for Enjoy, whereas other times you feel like you work for their mobile/ broadband partners. Not all managers understand nor value what Experts do sadly. So if you're lucky you might end up with a good captain. But make sure you perform (sell sell sell). If you're joining this company as an Expert, I wouldn't recommend it. If you're going into HQ or any other role, then you'll probably have a better experience. Overall it's a good idea but comes with poor execution :(

Pros

Independence, 4 day work week

Cons

Constant changes, long distance driving

Getting worse

If you're joining as an Expert (sales), seriously consider your options before applying or accepting. The negatives far outweigh the positives as this place is getting worse. 10 hour shifts (sometimes longer if you don't get back on time). Shift work (early or late). Short breaks. Managers are mostly ex-retail so expect no sympathy and micro-management. There's either a lack of communication or a barrage of communication. They expect you to learn new information but there's no time to, as you're always driving or working in peoples' homes. There aren't many good things left. It's 4 days a week and you sometimes get a say when you can work. It's retail at the end of the day, just from a van. So don't expect bank holidays off and make sure you feel safe to do your job. "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." You have been warned.

Pros

4 days a week, in a van

Cons

Long hours, shift work

Avoid

Enjoy will sell you anything to get you to work for them. Although there culture looks great from the outside, on the inside you are treated like a number, expected to work long shifts for little incentive. Management are more interested in looking after themselves than listening to the problems of the staff and will take credit for anything good that you do.

Empresa dinamica e agradavel de trabalhar

Empresa em expansão pela europa, dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar com muitos benefícios e salario atrativo.

Competitive but Rewarding

Hard work, long days (10 Hour shifts 4x a week) driving around the reigon visiting people at home to provide a service and upsell. Became very pushy towards sales and targets which added stress, but rewarding pay and extra perks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enjoy Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5